Request details

Color Management (set color profiles)

XD should be a color managed application.

I'm not sure what the full context of color management is within the UI/UX industry is, or if it's something that many pay attention to, or if it's just left un-managed.
Currently a vast majority of designers are using high gamut displays to design. Our final output will however differ greatly without some proper color management implemented. If color managment is implemented, we can at least visually soft proof our design and colors to specific devices (ie: New iOS devices that support P3 color gamut), or older sRGB devices.
At the same time sRGB images used won't expand to the display's high color gamut, making them look over saturated.

(Currently using Windows Beta Version: 0.6.8.6)

294 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Harold shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

74 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when this issue (colour difference) will be resolved? this is now very frustrating as this issue coming science xd launch

• Darjan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oversaturated colors in XD are a problem, i have to ad the saturation to images after export. Same with other colors.

• Cassidy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All of my colors are exporting as more dull than in XD. Can't stand it.

• Roman Divoky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to know Adobe's opinion to this. You really don't care it's not suitable for serious work?

• Joalfran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm working for branding projects with specific guidelines that can't be meet with XD. How come?

• Bernie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All apps used to create digital work have the same concerns.

Would like to see color management consistent across all Adobe apps. The engine used to manage profiles exists today in Bridge/Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign. Of course only the RGB profiles are relevant to XD. Perhaps XD could use that existing infrastructure?

this needs updating asap, just went to export my file and colours are no where near as bright. have to show client the website tomorrow and the colours won't even be the ones i want... sort it out adobe.

This needs to be addressed. We can not reproduce the colors we intend to use in the app. P3 color needed.

• tomaszmikrut commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys solve this trouble, add sRGB support, I have wide gamut monitor (eizo cx240) and it shows all colors exactly in wide gamut because the software doesnt have a color managment support!

Hey, was having a similar issue but changed my colour settings in PS to be monitor driven rather than SRGB and I then found that I couldn't notice a difference between applications.

• Joost commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good grief - this issue was raised years ago and still has not been resolved. Unacceptable! This makes an otherwise good app barely usable.

SOLVE this please asap - we're all paying good money in subscription fees for a tool that is essentially broken.

• Tom Dearie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. Conceptual designers definitely need 2 things in all their design apps:

1. Consistency in color from app to app, so that we can perceptually design with the confidence that a color created in one app will appear the same in the destination app. (e.g. Photoshop & Illustrator >> XD)

2. Device independent color: We need to know that the designer's display isn't showing colors unavailable on the typical display in the target audience. We can't control what a user does with their screen brightness etc., and we can't control whether browser developers bother adhering to international color standards (we wish we could). But we can and should design in a range of colors that is a reasonable reflection of typical display devices being used in the wild.

• Elvis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I m having a lot of problems with color, can you fix this please? I need my colors to match on photoshop and XD. I cant work on a website when the colors are off.

Feedback and Knowledge Base