Type Editing features (ie: Like InDesign)
Currently the type editing features in XD are bare-bones. InDesign has possibly the best type editing in any layout program. It would be great if XD can implement and borrow some of InDesign's type editing features:
• Text Frame inset (This can be considered padding)
• Vertical Alignment within a text frame
• Superscript & Subscript?
• Baseline Shift?
• Ability to turn paragraph text into point text, and vice versa. (This is more like Photoshop)
• Ability to use more than one color in a text frame
• Ability to use more than one type size in a text frame
• Text Styles
• ALL CAPS feature
• Small caps feature
• Paragraph spacing
(Currently using Windows Beta Version: 0.6.8.6)
Most of these ideas are already in our database, so it would really help if you could upvote those individual features.
- Vertical text alignment: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13025094
- Superscript/subscript: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/14844018
- Text box padding (button tool): https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13571298 – or you could file a new idea specifically about text areas
- Underline text: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13826292
- Switching between area and point text: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13615449
- Basic text transform: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13717794
- Spacing before or after paragraphs: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/14899092
Color, type, and styles editing within the text box will come in a future release of XD for Windows, as we’re not quite at parity yet with the Mac client.
Special characters and white spaces! Please :)
Will do, thanks!