Request details

Don't tie your product's innovative features to the Adobe's Creative Cloud

There are not many professionals who like the creative cloud. It's cumbersome, awkward to use, not user friendly and slow. It's like the UI for the Typekit website - not fit for purpose. For some of the exciting features you have shown at MAX, history states and multi-user document access, please don't tie these to Creative cloud. Don't let 'Adobe' bully you into using legacy frameworks to support innovation. A lot of pro users will want to decide the place they write data to or use their own cloud service. For example, some of the worst performance I have seen in XD is when it has had to use (uuuuurgh) creative cloud when sharing prototypes. Most of us don't need or want Creative Cloud features such as importing and exporting files to and from Illustrator via 'cloud libraries' as mentioned here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13118382-copy-from-xd-paste-into-illustrator-or-photosho - we want to cut from XD and paste into Illustrator.

9 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

James shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi James,

I’m sorry to hear you are seeing poor performance with regards to sharing prototypes. In the latest release of XD (0.6.2.7), we have moved to a different backend architecture for sharing, so I’d be interested to know if you are still seeing performance issues or not. If you have a chance, could you try sharing a design file and let us know how it worked?

If you see poor performance with 0.6.2.7, please email the following info to AdobeXDSharingSupport@adobe.com and we can investigate further to determine how best to optimize the experience:

- The URL to the prototype that you shared. This will allow up to investigate in various log files how much time different aspects of the sharing operation took on our end.
- A copy of your design file (or if you don’t want to share this, the number and type of artboards you are using)
- The region of the world you are sharing from
- The speed of your internet connection (which you can check here: https://fast.com/)

With this info we can try and identify what is contributing the poor performance you are seeing, and work to fix it for the future.

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Eddie Deighton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot believe this has become the default way of working now. I have no use for it whatsoever in my workflow and nor does any of my team. I also have clients Japanese that frown upon any external connectivity in our workflow so it's going to cause real problems convincing them I have their best interests at heart if I want to use XD now. Come to that, I don't know anybody that likes the thought of CC or uses it. Were there that many request for cloud-based syncing that it became a priority? I can't see any requests for it on this site. I loved the way XD bucked the a-typical Adobe trend for shoving CC down our throats and now it's moved in the same direction. Sad times.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The more I see you retrofitting XD into existing Creative Cloud functionality the more I feel tiny droplets of sadness appearing in my heart...

• Jens Lattke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Jacob, it's not only the performance. The Problem is: in some cases our clients don't allow to store the data on different servers than theirs. Which means: for security reasons it's not allowed to share those files via the adobe/creative cloud … It would be great if we can specify own servers.

Jacob, I am having more performance issues with uploading prototypes and my colleagues and frustratingly stake holders being able to see them. I will email you a file now. Thanks James

Jacob, I'm in the UK. Thanks for your response. Currently all prototypes are down, which I'm hoping, when I need to tomorrow, that will mean they're switched over to new, faster service. I've written plenty and send files to numerous people but what I really want, as I feel a lot of other people want, is just a service that works with my workflow, not one that makes me bend to a corporate requirement. I love what is going on with the core of XD and I hope it stays clean and true to it;s initial 'start-up' like values. Have a good day.

Feedback and Knowledge Base