Request details

Adjust line spacing between individual lines in area text

Currently if I want to change the leading between sentences in a text box, the change effects the entire text box. I would like to have the same functionality as Ai,Id, etc; by having the ability to change leading for individual sentences or to be able to separate a new paragraph from the last.

235 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Durojaiye shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Oleg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The height of text in XD doesn't match to the height of the same text in Android.
    (see the attached images)

So it is very inconvenient to create desing for Android since we cannot simply use same margins both in XD and in Android. When we creating an Android layout, we should always remember that in Android we need to use smaller margins than we use in XD.

I guess the same problem refers to iOS devices too.

I see the only solution:
    Designers should be able to specify the text line-height explicitly.

Unfortunatelly, at the moment it is not possible to adjust the line-height of a single-line-text in XD.
    So first of all, it would be great to fix this issue:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/33483589-line-height-adjust-height-of-point-text-box
    (Line height adjust height of point text-box)

When we adjust the text line-height it should adjust the text-box as well.

Secondly, the text should remain centered within the text-box.
    The related issue:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13813872-line-height-should-function-as-it-does-on-the-web
    (Line height: should function as it does on the web)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys, what if we could set different line spaces for each line in the same text box? Nowadays the line spacing affects the whole content. Thanks!

Guys, what if we could set different line spaces for each line in the same text box? Nowadays the line spacing affects the whole content. Thanks!

I'm magazine creative director for 20 years and now I'm venturing into UI/UX waters.

Since I am used to InDesign and its way of controlling and formatting, Adobe XD creates some problems for me.

In the pictured example, I have a Text area. Each text paragraph is formatted in its own style. Running head at the top, headline, subhead, and author. Each with its own formatting. Unfortunately, XD does not allow separate Line spacing formatting for each paragraph.

In the bottom part of the picture, I can achieve it by separating each paragraph into its own Point or Area text. Then I can format Line Spacing for each paragraph.

But this creates a problem. What if a headline is 2 or 3 lines long.

In the first example, if all of the paragraphs are in the same Area, longer headlines will push down the text below.

In the bottom part, if the headline is too long it will overlap the part below.

For me proper typography and formatting are essential.

Because keeping all these texts in one text area seems a much better solution, especially because it is easier to control the distances between paragraphs.
    I think this is a valuable option because it will make alignment and spacing of paragraphs much easier. Just like in InDesign

thank you

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1,000,000,000

Please add the ability to control the line-height/leading between individual paragraphs within the same text area.

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, yes, yes, yes. Anyone who has tried to style a bullet list in XD knows how badly this feature is needed. Please make line-spacing editable by individual line, rather than by the entire text box.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base