Request details

Adjust line spacing between individual lines in area text

Currently if I want to change the leading between sentences in a text box, the change effects the entire text box. I would like to have the same functionality as Ai,Id, etc; by having the ability to change leading for individual sentences or to be able to separate a new paragraph from the last.

197 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Durojaiye shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys, what if we could set different line spaces for each line in the same text box? Nowadays the line spacing affects the whole content. Thanks!

Guys, what if we could set different line spaces for each line in the same text box? Nowadays the line spacing affects the whole content. Thanks!

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1,000,000,000

Please add the ability to control the line-height/leading between individual paragraphs within the same text area.

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, yes, yes, yes. Anyone who has tried to style a bullet list in XD knows how badly this feature is needed. Please make line-spacing editable by individual line, rather than by the entire text box.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Leading (line height)
        Kerning (character spacing)

Leading is the issue with this update...

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I welcome the ability to add differing colours, fonts and sizes simultaneously within one text area in the recent update (Jun 13th 2017) but I cannot use this feature as I can't lead the text differently within? This is not a finished feature basically. So my request is that independent text blocks need independent leading please.

• Zach Bruce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something a "paragraph styles" feature would fix. Allowing you to set the spacing between paragraphs is one of things stopping me from using XD 100% in my workflow. It's annoying as all get-out.

• Aleksei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think this is important feature. On top of that when you give project to HTML markup they will ask you to redo everything as separate blocks of text. Because they won't be able to measure the line height between individual lines quickly.

If you want to increase gap between title and text or between paragraphs use different blocks of code. This is win-win.

When you design websites think like coder, but not like pre-print guy.

Really important this. Just started using XD and mostly great apart from the lack of paragraph formatting within a single text area/box. Currently have to use individual text boxes and space in isolation. This is holding me back massively – it's fundamental to typographic design, whether digital or print.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base