• If I can use Command + R to access Rulers in Ai and Ps, I should expect the same in Xd.
• Also, guides are extremely helpful for setting correct heights (think Android).
• Echoing what others have said about Layers. Especially when having to demonstrate modal dialogs or touch gestures.
• Mobile screens share common elements so allow the user to create Symbols.
• Notes: how can these be added to a design when sharing files?
• Support Asian typography; many of us share files across continents and internal teams will want to add comments to designs without having their input set according to Western language rules. (PowerPoint has this setting for its Paragraphs.)
We’d like individual suggestions to be fine-grained so others can upvote the specific features they’re interested in, and we can get a better picture of which are most important.
Some of the ideas mentioned here have already been suggested separately. Please upvote these if they’re relevant to you:
- Rulers: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/14160699-rulers
- Custom guides: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/14160453-guides
- Show/toggle overlays in prototypes (e.g. to mock up a modal dialog): https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12924909-artboard-overlays-sidebar-menu-popup
- Check out the reusable Symbols feature in the November update we just released — we’d love to hear what you think!
About Asian typography support: could you give us more detail on what you mean? You should be able to enter text using Asian characters in XD the same way as you would type in other Mac apps. If you can, please file a new UserVoice request specifically on this topic, with screenshots and as much other detail as possible. Thanks for your feedback!
Reply to a question by opening a new topic?
Maybe it’s because I refuse to buy a subscription to software I already have, but in CS6 I can see separate areas for CJK typefaces. I don’t see that in Xd, and most of the people I work with speak more than English. When working across continents with other designers, it’s helpful to have comments added to the sides of designs. So, support comments in files, and make sure to support CJK typefaces.