Import set of images with each image on its own artboard
When you import an image into XD it will manually be placed into an artboard with the same dimensions.
Andre Kanashiro commented
I found an alternative:
1. Create all your artboards in sequence
2. Create a rectangle the same size your artboard out of it. The next steps are all made outside of the artboards
3. Transform the rectangle into a Repeat Grid, reproducing the same position and distance of your artboards
4. Drag all your JPG files from an external window at once to the Repeat Grid. This should place every image to each rectangle in sequence. It can take a while depending on how much images you're dragging.
5. Once the images are all imported ungroup the Repeat Grid
6. Select all ungrouped rectangles at once and simply move while fitting into the artboards. If you set the exact same size and distance it will just settle nice and pleasantly.
Harun Alikadić commented
Actually there is a semi-manual workaround. If all your images are the same dimension, for example I use this for creating a mobile app prototype from screenshots taken from an existing app.
Add in one folder X images of the same dimension (ex. 360x640px).
Create a blank artboard of this dimension and copy/paste it as many X times as many images you have.
Than use a plugin called Artboard Plus to adjust a gap between artboards to 10px.
Import in XD bulk of images from File>Import
These are added selected on artboard with a 10px gap between them
Drag them to fit to the first artboard
Timothy Bergkvist commented
I need this feature. I use XD for storyboarding. If XD doesn't do this, and Adobe doesn't provide this function, then I'll find something that will. I have 138 images today I'd like to drop into XD and wire them up. Last week I had 58 images I had to manually add artboards and insert images then wire up. It should be a feature.
Bill Castello commented
I have a simulation to create with 400+ images - each needing its own artboard. This feature would turn a 3-day effort into mere seconds.
Was this done or ignored?
Eric Rose commented
has this been implemented yet?
This could happen when a modifier key is pressed while dropping the image.
When I want a new artboard with an image in it I currently need to create the Artboard and then place the image. Would be nice, if this could happen automatically when dropping an image (often a Screenshot) onto the canvas.
Ricky Jury commented
This would be an awesome feature, especially if you could also continue sketching within Xd with a tablet
Manuel Ryan Espinosa commented
This would be a sweet idea. Nothing beets drawing by hand with a real pen.
AdminDemian Borba (Admin, Adobe) commented
It would be great to select a bunch of pictures with hand drawings (sketches of UIs) from a hard drive, then Adobe XD would automatically create artboards and place the images in each artboard.