Love the new XD, some ideas below that have come to mind.
- Export mock styleguides for Devs to follow (or not follow). Could be similar to InDesign packaging export
- Built in colour contrast analyser
- Screen reflowing like Edge Reflow, so the designs don’t adhere to device sizes.
- More shape options
- Smart fields auto complete for text etc
- Paragraph styling like InDesign for fast text application (make this global across all art boards)
- Link to a pattern library and Adobe Kular
- Able to annotate and add notes to prototypes
- XD can export good clean CSS/HTML
We’d like individual suggestions to be fine-grained so others can upvote the specific features they’re interested in, and we can get a better picture of which are most important.
Many of the ideas you’ve mentioned here have already been suggested separately. Please upvote these if they’re relevant to you:
- Style guides for devs: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12934134-export-a-style-guid
- Color contrast analyzer: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13075629-color-blindness-compliance-wcag-accessibility-tool
- Dynamic, responsive layout: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12942171-responsive-artboards-and-adaptive-layout
- More shape options: can you tell us more specifically what you’d like to see added?
- Smart fields auto complete: do you mean designing with real-world / realistic data? If so, please see https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12924696-design-with-data
- Paragraph styles: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12931494-paragraph-styles. Reusable text styles shared across artboards: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12934134-label-reusable-text-styles
- Integration with Adobe Color (formerly known as “Kuler”): https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12941622-integration-of-adobe-color-cc
- Add annotations to a prototype at design time: https://adobexd.uservoice.com//forums/353007/suggestions/14866464-adding-comments-notes-on-design-stage. Add comments when viewing a shared prototype online: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12928284-commenting-and-annotations-on-shared-prototype
- Export CSS & HTML: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13057005-export-whole-artboards-or-entire-project-as-html. Extract just CSS snippets: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13599261-extract-css-styles-measurements-assets
I’m closing this out to keep our feature list tidier, but please feel free to file individual UserVoice suggestions for any other ideas that we may have missed. Thanks for your feedback!