Request details

Dynamic scrolling viewport height based on screen size

Currently, for scrolling artboards there is a fixed-position dotted line that defines the height of the viewport in the interactive preview.

For desktop web sized artboards, I'd like the position of the dotted line to automatically adjust dynamically so the prototype fills the full height of the user's screen. For example, on a laptop screen the scrollable viewport might be 960px tall and when the same prototype is viewed on a desktop monitor the viewport might be 1200px tall.

83 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminPeter Flynn (Software Engineer, Adobe) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Craig McKenzie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When a prototype is shared with clients, they are not able to appreciate the view port height setting in XD and who can blame them? This setting does not make sense. For standard, desktop and scroll-able web pages, we have set the width of the art board and that's all we need to care about.A automatic scroll bar is also a missing option, since not everyone has a touch screen or a mouse wheel.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? Hard to believe it has such a low vote count. Surely it’s an obvious thing to be able to do? Viewing the page design through a smaller viewport aperture on a larger screen just looks plain odd and just has the client asking why does the page not go to the bottom of my browser screen?

• Maulin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, it's very much needed thing for core prototype software. Adobe needs to think about this and please find the appropriate solution as soon as possible. Also, revert on this so we get an idea about your attention.

• Anthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree this should be added. Whenever my clients view a desktop mockup on their mobile device they just have a tiny viewport to see through.

Let them see the full height!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is by far, the most important BASIC thing to be fixed. I actually don't even understand why this was first built like this. Bummer. Team, get this done yesterday, super important.

• MaMaLy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh this would be great. When I'm presenting, I just want it to look best on the display, and I might not know what that would be before I begin the presentation. This would make me not have to worry about it. Basically, it would run the prototype at full width and then it would automatically apply the viewport height as needed to fill the height of the screen.

Feedback and Knowledge Base