Detailed Release Notes
Whilst you guys do a great job discussing the major features in each Preview release, I'd really like to see detailed release notes that cover all of the fixes, tweaks and changes. For example, today, through trial, I found that you could edit individual character colours, which was a much requested feature here. However, there was no mention in your blog post. I think it's super important that every detail of a release is made public, so that we can give feedback, try new things and genuinely feel more involved.
As ever, Sketch do this really well: https://www.sketchapp.com/whats-new/ -- but just a text list is fine.
From your perspective, there's a couple of reasons to do this:
- Improves communication flow between creators and users.
- Reduces duplicity in bug reports and features requests.
- Gives early adopters full disclosure on update progress.
- Increases likelihood of bugs being found (because more people will know about the smaller changes)
- Reduces the likelihood of people complaining about 'small' updates (there's only 4 new things this month etc, when in reality there are possibly dozens of small changes.
I won't ramble further, but for me this is essential in helping the community develop XD with you.
Thanks, and keep up the good work.
Kelly Nauert commented
We love when you tell us about new features, please tell us when you've fixed bugs, too, no matter how small. A lot of us work in software design and we like knowing how this product is coming along and all the hard work going into improving it.
XD 19.2 release note, please publish