James shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

98 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Wes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I guess I'm confused why there aren't even any admin responses to this issue..? Would love to know why, two years later, this isn't being addressed.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These character features are a deal breaker in the healthcare industry due to the large amount of referencing needed. For us to continue to use XD effectively we need this feature as we currently have to insert separate text boxes for superscripting and special characters (glyphs).

Please improve the character palette (emulating Photoshop / Illustrator would be a superb start)

If I can't implement superscripts I can't use this product. Instead of focusing all your efforts on prototype features (e.g., transitions, animations, etc.) shouldn't you first get a handle on the basic features still needed?

I agree with all of the comments below. This is a basic feature and necessary for professionals who work with large brands.

• Joshua Reach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, this NEEDS to be added, along with more robust text formatting overall. It's counterproductive to have to create separate symbols or objects for registered marks and trademarks. Not to mention it doesn't help when the design specs are sent over to the developer...

• SketchH8r commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You kidding me? You (Adobe) rip off Sketch, and instead of improving upon it you make it worse! How can you not include full typography functionality! Or at least superscripts and subscripts! You freakin' nuts!!!

• Kelsey Waara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's many small things that prevent me being able to use this as a tool for email marketing - such as the lack of text formatting and superscript/subscript

• Ruairi Johnston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a nice thought that lack of superscript support would be the end of many of the crooked pharmaceutical companies represented here - it's probably not sufficient.

Most designers probably use superscript/subscript on a regular basis (including those working for organisations dedicated to promoting genuine health improvements). Can we have it added in the next update please?

• Megan Seely commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to add that this can be important in app design for industrial/chemical or construction industries as well - often need to include measurements in legends such as square or cubic meters.

Feedback and Knowledge Base