Request details

Saving color palettes - shared across documents or users

I want to have a consistent set of swatches, with the ability to import saved palettes or to share/export a palettes. It would be nice to have access to multiple palettes as well

263 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mark HillMark Hill shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Importing Local/Shared color palettes  ·   · 
    ClaireClaire shared a merged idea: Bring back Imported color palettes!  ·   · 
    Bradley JayBradley Jay shared a merged idea: Interchangeable colour palettes  ·   · 

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ReneeRenee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about a colour pallete that get saved in the .xd file itself, like how Illustrator handles them? That way someone who opens your file on a different computer will be able to access the swatches.

• Peter FlynnAdminPeter Flynn (Admin, Adobe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Note: this request is about _sharing_ color palettes / color favorites, between multiple files or multiple people.

If you're interested in editing a color palette in order to update _all objects using that color_ in the document (like a global search & replace or color swap), please upvote https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12869085-global-style-color-edits

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using a defined color palette is very important for the design consistency, also when working on a defined guidlined design such as Google Material, which they provide thier palette, I really wanna see a plus button that will allow me to import a color palette such as .ase files on those on my Kuler for instance.

• Pedro GonçalvesPedro Gonçalves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be extremely useful to be able to edit a swatch and globally update all elements using the swatch much like InDesign does it. Imagine a header and a square both use the same red in 10 different art boards and that red needs to be adjusted. Instead of changing every single element, a task that can take up to 10 mins, just updating the swatch to the new red globally updates all elements using that color.

• Tabrez AhmadTabrez Ahmad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we have CC libraries integrated please? This makes so much sense to preserve the purpose of CC Libraries and the more integrated this is, the more people will adapt to XD.

• Michael TsimnadisMichael Tsimnadis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be built in colour palettes also. For example, you shouldn't need to create grayscale swatches every time you do a wireframe. Grayscale swatches should be available by default. The next most important are probably default iOS and Material Design colours.

• RyanRyan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just commented on a different feature - looks like this is the one I should have commented on. I NEED THIS for my continued usage of XD. It is a huge burden to add the 20-25 swatches I regularly use every time I create a new document

• EmanueleSabettaEmanueleSabetta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also you should be able to create named colors relative to your saved palette, so that if you load a different palette you see the color changed automatically in all artboards elements.
        In this way you can show the client the prototype with different palettes styles, and making him choose the one he likes most.

• Karl SmithKarl Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just tried to use the swatches I saved on Friday in a different document only to learn the swatch saves at document level, not app level

• ClaireClaire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Before the May update, I was able to import a .clr color palette, but with the update the color picker has changed and my palette has disappeared. Apparently I have to add each one individually to my palette based on the HEX code?? The .clr file has over a hundred colors, so that's a terrible experience.

• Bradley JayBradley Jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work for a multi-brand company and it would amazing to be able to set a fixed colour palette. Ie Brand 1 colour palette (eg x 10 colours)

But then be able to swap that whole palette to another one. Ie Brand 2 colour palette (eg another x 10 colours)

So that you can easily change the whole designs palettes, or selected artboards, or selected elements.

Feedback and Knowledge Base