Request details

View and share design prototypes at actual size

The full-screen feature is nice but I need to be able to show clients what my designs will look like at actual size on the web. The prototypes need to be displayed at the size they are designed at. This is the one feature that would justify me switching from using InVision for my prototyping.

256 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

68 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so vital - I'm trying out XD and it's interesting, but until this is fixed I need to go back to Axure for prototyping.

• Carynn Ireland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe the option on exporting the link that allows you to choose the display size when the link is opened by a user? Like the default zoom on acrobat?

• Vesa Virkkunen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Stuart, thanks for the response. I've been using the full screen mode, but that doesn't remove the problem. For example in one of the current projects i've made the design to 1024px width and in prototype preview (in XD) it's 1024px wide as it should be. However, when i send the prototype link to customer and they view it in full screen mode, the width is only 735px. The difference in this case is quite huge as we have lots of features and small font sizes. I think the prototype should be forced to 100% width whenever the screen size allows, currently i can't get to 100% width even with 27 inch (2560 x 1440) display.

• Vesa Virkkunen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When sharing a prototype link with customer, the size of the prototype view is 'zoomed out' to maybe 60-70% of the intended size which makes it difficult to read smaller text and gives overall crappy feel of the design.

• Timon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the Canvas is higher than the Monitor, the preview is zoomed out. To show the Prototype to clients and colleagues, a 100% view will be better and more "Website-feeling"

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a a must for me as well. Displaying the prototype inside a box that the user has to scroll in doesn't provide a realistic experience.

• Pablo Sara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's vital to be able to see a website preview in actual size, or at least as big as possible. Scrolling maybe?

1 2 4 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base