Request details

Option to capture mic audio in record mode

I've started using XD in office for wireframing live projects.

Now when I record the prototype video, I often need to narrate what's going on - esp if it's a WIP. This would help to kick-off future conversations with the client in the right direction.

Hence a record 'mic audio' option in XD would be extremely useful.

145 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dashanan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this item vs. the backlog? Sure would save a lot of hassle. Currently I record with a separate app while narrating interactive use for our WIP prototypes and then have to mash the two together ... a poor process.

• Daniel Mee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh my, didn't realise this wasn't an option - I knew I record video and just started recording and didn't realise that my voice wouldn't even be on there! Heck, now I have to do it again while recording my voice and mash the two together!

• Joseph Silva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hope this is coming soon! Audio is an important part of the product that I work on, so being able to record audio is huge for me :-) Thanks!

• Cheyenne Thayer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree that this would be a useful feature. I frequently create quick prototype videos for clients to view at any time and the ability to discuss what I'm showing them in a video is essential!!

Help a freelancer out ;)

• Umesh Shebe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am facing the same problem. Would be really nice if adobe add voice recording in XD.

Umesh

• Billy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this missing? in 2017 to create a video recording with out amic??? seriously?? What am I going to do - tell the client to read along with the Word document supplied to get the rationale of the design/prototype?

I'd like to be able to share the drafts with explanatory audio--options that may not be shown or functions that don't work (e.g. video). This would be especially useful for prospect clients.

What you can do is record it afterwards in Imovie :) It's not the ideal solution but a solution for now.

• Josh Curtis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+ user's face recording, please. These are essential for having the user narrate their testing.

I was looking for this feature as well when I had to showcase my user journey.

i would like to have the option to embed sounds via URL. If i'm building a wireframe and i want it to make a sound i would like to be able to embed a link, from youtube for example, to make the prototype as realistic as possible.

This would help our UX Designers and our User testers to use the same piece of software.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the first thing I looked for when I was ready to record my prototype.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base