Request details

Insert new art board between two existing art boards

After creating 10 art boards, I realised that one scenario in the middle was missed out. Now have to make a new art board and insert it in between. But now have to manually move all the art boards. Would like the space between the artboards to be uniform. Sorry if this seems like an OCD :P

17 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dashanan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dashanan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Corey... Yes, your idea for a "Drag affordance" feature would be perfect.

• Sanket commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am facing same issue between 60 art board :( .

Every time i need to do it manually and take lots of time & efforts.

• Jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am experiencing the same issue and I find it very difficult to select an artboard and all its content to move.

• AdminCorey Lucier (Adobe) (Admin, Adobe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How would a drag affordance for a single artboard work for you? e.g. Let's say if you dragged an artboard between two others it would do the housekeeping and layout necessary to move the others aside and apply the default margins appropriately?

In the mean time for your OCD, when you are adjusting manually you should be able to use the distance snap decorations to let you know when you have uniform spacing. e.g. If you drag one artboard away from it's neighbor artboards then back again you should see the ping snap decorations appear showing you the 70 unit spacing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base