Request details

Display artboards framed by a mobile device outline

Ability to add a device outline to show context.. would be cool to even create your own device outline (currently I'm designing a UI prototype for a smart credit card, but having to use a mobile screen UI canvas to show the interactions)

125 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Nick shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ashley Katz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use InVisionApp for user testing, which allows the user to feel like they are using the correct device by displaying the skin of the device, iphone, andriod, ipad, etc.

This is crucial in our design flow.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? This is the only reason I use inVision, for the iPhone overlay.

• attila kb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Image of a phone behind the desktop web preview, similar to what sketch has but where we can select type of phone it's previewed on.

Would be nice to show it on android phone since 86% of the population use android. Clients are always asking me why these non iOS specific designs are previewed on iPhone.

• Hamed Yahyaei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is needed for presentations or sharing the XD link and differs from Mirror function. When will it be added to Adobe XD?

• Jan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In InVision I can choose from several different mobile phones to display my mobile mockups inside. This gives the prototype an autentic look. I think this feature is deeply missed in XD. Showing screens only with no mobile phone is lame. InVision is much better in that respect.

• Craig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That is great but when I share the link to others to present mockups to out design teams it would be nice if it could display in the device it was designed for, in the public link.

I should mention, not just within a phone but whatever device you designed it for.

When previewing a project it would be nice if it would put your screens on an actual phone, the phone you are designing it for. Being able to select a white or black phone would be awesome as well. This would be a similar feature to how Invision works with Sketch, the preview is on an actual phone.

• Hesham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

make mockups (like attachment) for commons Devices in publish link
    and can choose the device when publish.
    so when visitor visit the link they will see the design realistically.
    i think that will be helpful for all :)

• Poul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, this is a must have feature.
    A phone site / app on a white page is painfull and does not really sell a concept that well.

/ PoulG

• Andrew Eugene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

It would be great if we could select a skin to present our finalized prototypes in. For example, an android phone skin to present android ui prototypes, a web browser skin to present web ui prototypes etc. Also, allowing the same ability for the web embedding facility would add a nice touch to the presentation.

• Peter DiBartolo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow users to preview via a device emulator, similar to AirSquirrels' Reflector 'Frames'. This puts a device wrapper around the UI artboard which adds clarity and relevance for many client presentations. The feature would be great for exporting to PDF or PNG, Desktop Preview, and Video recordings.

AEM had a UI to select from a growing list of devices (and even methods to upload/create custom).

This feature could be within 'Asset Exporting' or 'Sharing/Collaboration'

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base