Request details

Blend Modes

It would be awesome to have blending modes in the sidebar.

743 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kevin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

108 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Adam Trabold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, as long as they match actual web spec. I don't want stuff that can't actually be done in the code.

• Hunter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! It actually blows my mind that this didn't ship with blending modes.

• Jullian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Switched back to using Sketch again because of the missing blend modes in Adobe Xd. I really need the multiply blend mode to make certain UI designs.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally fond of Adobe XD – but without blending modes this Tool isn't a real option when it comes to design Apps and Websites, etc. Could you please FIND A WAY THE INTEGRATE A BLENDING-MODE FEATURE for Adobe XD?!

• alisa olinova commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, adding my request in for this! Seems silly to have to photoshop it together, bring it into XD, and then have the developer recreate it in CSS. Let's do ittttt :P :)

Another shout for this - more than TWO YEARS as a "feature request"?! come on! :)

Adobe - an important issue - now that you can move a PSD into XD I believe it's critical to get this feature in XD - otherwise you lose all your blending mode settings. I did discover a workaround that is imperfect - you can make your layers with blend modes a smart object and then open in XD.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hurry up :)

I just designed a whole interactive project out in Illustrator because the design required blend modes - really could have done with this feature, XD makes working so much more efficient, we need this!

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

C'mon. 18 months in the backlog!! This if such a standard feature that should have been there from the start. Makes me long for the glorious days of Macromedia Fireworks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base