Request details

Blend Modes

It would be awesome to have blending modes in the sidebar.

848 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kevin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

129 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Liam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, and I don't think it even needs to be that robust… perhaps just multiply. Anything else more complex is fair game for Photoshop in my opinion.

Thanks!

• David Martinez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Blending modes would keep me from going back and forth with other programs, in this case Photoshop. Though I love Photoshop, it's not optimal to jump from program to program.

• Eddie Adolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah... Also just got very confused why this isn't in XD. CSS blending modes already exist just add it! I need want my trusty Multiply for image shadows!

• Stu Nami commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3 years in the backlog. Common Adobe you own Photoshop and Lightroom. You already have the code. Sketch will continue to eat your lunch until you catch up. And it may be too late.

• Stu Nami commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Common Adobe you own Photoshop and Lightroom. You already have the code. Sketch will continue to eat your lunch until you catch up. And it may be too late.

• David Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Surely this has to be a higher priority ticket? Keep up the good work guys, but please make basic features like this a priority.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Again, trying to migrate from Sketch, but another simple feature is missing; Blend modes, please.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The biggest shortcoming of Xd. I have to think at this point that it is an attempt to force people to continue using photoshop which is not a free program. What’s going on here?

• Hashim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was willing to give XD a chance... lol fired it up - it doesnt even have the basic feature that is blend modes.
    ... back to Sketch...

Feedback and Knowledge Base