Export size options (e.g. export only 2x version)
The ability to select my sizes for export would be nice. At times I work on apps (as strange as it may sound) that do not require all resolutions of artwork (1x, 2x, 3x) An option to select my would be great. Similar to how Sketch handles it.
David Johnson commented
Many of these comments center around 1x, 2x, 3x. I would prefer if XD would also allow to define how I'd like to export my assets, I.e. 1.5x - 2.75x - 6.43x ect.
While the first three are common use cases, often times when you are designing for the web, you can load a 1.5x-1.75x image on higher resolution screens to save some bytes from the total payload.
It might not seem like much, but of you have 30 images loading on an Iphone, and you can save 10kb from each, it could have big effects on load times an meaning paint times.
The existing export is all multiple exports. I can't export 2x or 3x images separately, please add custom multiple export. Thank you.
Jonathon Tesch commented
Exporting out of Xd right now is positively torture. There's a laundry list of features already present in other design apps for this specific step of the workflow that Xd really needs to incorporate if they want to actually provide a quality product and not skate by on the merits of their brand name.
Jonathon Tesch commented
• Layers should be able to save export options associated with each layer — eg, if I have a desktop comp and a mobile comp, I should be able to save separate export options for each of those layers (such as @2x for desktop, 2000px wide for mobile).
• I should be able to describe a pixel dimension as an export target that isn't necessarily 1x, 2x or 3x of the layer size in the comp.
• I should not be restricted to only 1x, 2x, and 3x layer size on export.
• I should not have to export 1x and 2x versions of the layer if I only want the 3x size.
• I should be able to choose and associate multiple export options with each layer (eg, have a layer export two versions: @2x and 800px tall each time it's exported).
• File path syntax in layer names should result in nested folders on export (eg, a layer named Assets/Desktop/picture should result in an image file named "picture" inside a folder named "Desktop" which itself lives inside a folder named "Assets" — Photoshop already has this feature in its Generate Image Assets workflow)
tl;dr — look at how Sketch handles the export flow and copy/paste that as a start. There's room for improvement, sure, but the difference between where Xd is right now vs where Sketch is in that regard is painful and enough my team is eschewing Xd for that reason alone.
J Bukovski commented
WHYYYYY!!!!! I lose money handling your stupid UX
Luke Jarrett commented
I'd love this to become a feature. Way too much time wasted deleting the 1x images.
I spend way too much time deleting 1x JPEGS. Please allow export of @2x files only!
emre can commented
I'm so tired of deleting x1's each time...
Absolutely! We have a mandate to render full size images at 1.5x, which we find is a good compromise for hidpi stuff... but alas, no functionality in XD :(
Glenn W commented
Absolutely essential feature that should not be ignored!
Jay Strehlow commented
Same - I spend a lot of time deleting 1x screens. This seems like low hanging fruit.
Alex Restuccia commented
+1,000. This would solve my problem with making assets for UWP:
I have an image 40px and when i export 1x and 2x, export 20px and 40px... it's that make sense? NO!
+1, I remove the unwanted ones afterwards as well :-o
Ian Dalgairns commented
Yeah +1 from me, I hate having to delete the 1x exports and rename the 2x exports!
Omar Chelbat commented
This seems like something very easy to implement. Simply allow us to select the size of the export.
Is this feature still under review or has the status since been updated from 2016?
Armando Scuro commented
Can we please have more control on PDF export like :-
1. Name Single PDF other than whatever the XD file name is
2. Flatten PDF page on export to reduce file size when sharing
3. Select scale to export at such as 2x and/or 3x (when flattened)
Hi, just wondering if it could be possible to implement an option for us to select an specific resolution to export an artboard.
As a designers, sometimes we need to showcase our work, or implement our screen designs on a PSD mockup, hence we need a very high resolution for this.
I noticed that Illustrator besides the 1X,2X,3X options there is an option called resolution, where I can set from 72 to 300.
Could this be a feature request?
Thanks and regards