Request details

Password on shared prototypes

Allow the user to add a password to shared prototypes.

574 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Johan Ronsse shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

114 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Hugo Human commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a must. My client would kill me if information was public, even if the link doesn't show up on search engines or anywhere else.
        Password protection is a HUGE must otherwise I will not be able to use this product

• Clive commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can only second the importance of this particularly for clients, particularly in Germany :)

• Cervantes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love Adobe Xd but the lack of password protection make the leads/managers in my company to feel too much uncomfortable about sharing prototypes. Thus I can't really invest time and effort into it as ultimately I can't share a prototype.

• Chelsi Peters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only reason I attended MAX was to see XD, learn about it, and bring it back as a possibility when creating cross platform workable prototypes for our company's customers. Doing so would save us valuable time for not only the design team but for our coders. XD thus far is an epic fail in that regard.

I'm extremely disappointed. Is Adobe actively monitoring and engaging with their users that have given this feature so many votes? I don't need eye candy I can make that all day long using other Adobe Suite products.

My company cannot use XD without PASSWORD PROTECTION OF SHARED PROTOTYPES. Is it too hard to go back in and do it now that XD has come this far?

I encourage everyone to take to social media and advocate for this feature if at all possible. It seems that's the only way to get a company to take notice....

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any idea when this will be available? Or at least some form of downloadable prototype? It looks like this has been in the works for a year and a half - It's a vital feature for this to be usable...

• Megan Seely commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is vital for me, as I'm often working on early stage app development or websites where IP protection is key. Not being able to use the sharing and commenting features due to privacy concerns with NDAs makes XD a lot less useful to me overall.

• Janette Pawlowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the most important features for my team. I'm really surprised it's not available yet. Without password protection i can't use the share link feature due to privacy issues. I might be forced to look elsewhere for remote testing.

• Pete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most important feature for us to work with our clients and ensure seucurity during the design process.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just created a 100+ page prototype in XD and want to send this to the client now and just realised by looking for the option that you cannot actually send the prototype in a secure way. I now have a week to try and find an alternative option to get this to the client... more work.

I am astounded that a company such as Adobe did not have this sorted out at the very least in the beginning stages of development. Where are their UX designers...? I would have thought this was a fundamental requirement. I am wondering if their Stakeholders would be happy with their prototypes out there on the public domain. I'm off to Axure or InDesign.

• Brigitte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like many others, this is a must-have feature for me. I absolutely cannot share wireframes or specs without protection.

As a rule, my company requires two-factor auth whenever possible, so you can imagine how much pushback there is to there is when there's no password at all and anyone with a link could see our designs and comments!!!

• Vern commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need this to be able to share securely, causing problems now we have committed to building wireframes in XD

• Darren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't use the prototype or specs feature until this is implemented. I'm sure I'm not alone... I doubt Adobe would ever use the prototype tool for internal projects without at least a password.

• Ahmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeh need password for security purpose, its better if user provide user name and password like login screen or pin to access prototype

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base