Request details

Import all SVG exported from Illustrator, for compatibility

In V1, it's clear that support for AI and PS files will be minimal. But please support SVG files. As of now, SVG files don't even appear and if they do, only parts of them are seen.

With SVG support, I can export all my AI artwork to SVG and import that into XD without losing any styles. This will be a great temporary fix while you work on supporting AI files. Please make this happen for V1.

280 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminMihnea Ovidenie (Admin, Adobe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

We invested a good amount of effort in SVG import on both platforms - Mac and Win. What are the missing features from SVG import that you feel we should invest time supporting them?

Cheers,
        M.

• Adminjoan_lafferty (Admin, Adobe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With every release, we are adding better fidelity as you import SVG. Recent additions that will be available in the next few months are: Linear and Radial gradients, better text import (recognizing multi-line text from AI), and dashed lines.

• Matthew Shwery commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SVG support is definitely a must. Both importing and exporting as svg.

I'll design or aggregate svg icons and symbols for use across various projects and I typically export them individually as svg. Then I either use a build process to create an svg spritesheet _or_ I use a service like fontastic.me to manage them (and export an svg spriteshreet).

• Adminjoan_lafferty (Admin, Adobe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We actually have very deep support for SVG right now. There are two things that we don't support that you might be running into:

- support for embedded images (AI SVG exports embedded images by default and these don't show up in XD)
        - support for filters

Both of these will be supported in a future update soon.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alright, I just created an action to expand the heck out of everything. That seems to make everything pure artwork and seems to get into XD. Gradients however don't make it yet - even if I rasterize them.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just saw the laundry list of SVG features that are not supported in XD. Disappointing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base