Request details

2,347 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

jsprlprd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As you’ve probably noticed, we’ve delivered Layout Grids in the November release of XD. We’d love specific feedback on Layout Grids as we continue to grow, so I’m closing this feature request. If you have specific additional functionality you’d like to see in the Layout Grid feature, please do file it as a new feature request in the Design feature area!

Thanks,

-Elaine

309 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nadya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "grid layout" in Photoshop is super handy in addition to the object distances. Another good example is the "Split object/path into grid" in illustrator for creating column grids for responsive sites.

• Colette Tam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As I was working in XD, I instinctively wanted to drag a snapping guide from the ruler to my canvas, just like the Photoshop environment. That ability would be useful when two artboards of the same layout are created but I have to go back in and adjust an object by a few pixels here and there.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It'd be awesome if XD had flexible grids (percentage-based within an artboard). I always have to draw these out in Illustrator, and it's even more difficult in Sketch.

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Baseline, columns, gutters, etc... Snapping too

Please please please!

• prestonux@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very important tool as well as the ability to setup a custom grid structure. It's also important to allow for guides as well as the ability to make these transparent so they don't obscure design elements.

In addition it would be great to see a set of pre-set guides / grid structures that can be loaded based upon best practices within the community for devices / and resolutions (IOS, Android) etc...

• dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another request for guides and grids :) Kind of a must-have...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guide Guide is a great start, column and baseline great are a must! But would love the feature to have PADDING, please. Also, if we could have the grid as solid shapes with opacity controls for overlay, super nice to have.

• Oliver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Adobe-Team,

it would be great to have Guideline-Options – like in InDesign – to create a consistent Grid-System

When I opened up the example file I thought the page content of the last screen "conquering el capitan" felt off-center so I tried to find the grid feature to double check. There isn't one, and it is off-center. Designing page layouts w/o a grid would make me crazy.

• Chun Tung commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Columns, gutter width, column width.

Rows, baseline row, row gutter

Device aspect ratios (16:10, 21:9, etc.) (should ideally adjust rows, baseline, and type to account for true responsive coverage across all screen types)

PLEASEEEEEE

• Chun Tung commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this the absolute top priority - grids is where I start my workflow :(

Give me columns, gutters, rows, and a snappable baseline grid, and I will renounce Sketch forever.

Awesome, can't wait to see this feature. I personally can't work unless I have grid to do layouts on top of.

• Keith Rondinelli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guides will be fairly useless unless: 1) Multiple sets can be created, saved and recalled, similar to the Photoshop extension GuideGuide, which is an indispensable tool for me. 2) A guide set can be rippled throughout art boards for consistency. 3) Some way to implement responsive guide sets, so that a desktop column layout can be automatically scaled down from art board to art board.

Feedback and Knowledge Base