Request details

Import Photoshop / PSD

Import Photoshop file with options to select layers and/or artboards.

This would increase ease of use and workflow, so a user is not always switching between apps. Import options for layers, artboards, or even layer comps, would also cut down a lot of rework.

835 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Peter DiBartoloPeter DiBartolo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

91 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chris McKennaChris McKenna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would it be possible for XD to import the PSD as flat, but update the graphic on Save. That way if we change something in the PSD, the file can update automatically

• UIUX LabUIUX Lab commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to need this feature, allows me to effectively use the former projects.

• OlesiaOlesia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have many projects in the PSD, I don't want to work in the Sketch, I want to quickly import all shapes, texts, colors and pictures into Xd (in different layers). Especially all shapes.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

es sencillo, en las preferencias de photoshop exporten a SVG, les exportan los elementos por separado, así si los pueden importar al XD.

saludos

I had a lot of hope for X Design, but without the import feature it's rather useless to me right now.

• KrisKris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exporting an artboard to XD would be a VERY useful tool indeed!! Maybe if there was an option to label certain layers so that they are picked up in XD as buttons etc would be a great idea too?

Please let this happen! :-D

• KitKit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please do PSD import support, XD is a huge waste of time without this feature if working on projects that were initially started in Photoshop.

• Ian Steven ManceraIan Steven Mancera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since Adobe has a long time coming on having a solution on UX designing, as many of us know that some use most commonly is Photoshop on UX designing, but it would be hard to just rework all that many work had done in Photoshop, or just copy it one by one so it would be nice if we could open a PSD on XD, and now turn it to an XD document, and read and support all of it's nested layers and artboards. To those layer styles that still isn't yet supported by XD, XD could just rasterize it for either the user to recreate natively by XD or keep it, like so many layer styles, filters, maskings (i have no idea if XD support maskings yet) linkings and much more. I know this will take time to engineer but this will be much appreciated if this feedback ever happen to listened and put to back log.

Also I know some users ue Illus too so Illus migrate support too

• Dejay Depusoir (Depidesign)Dejay Depusoir (Depidesign) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea... if a .psd or .ai file contains multiple artboards for a product design, it would be nice for Adobe XD to import everything native to file (layers as well) and begin prototyping/animating the designs. :)

• EliEli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I opened XD today for the first time to see if it had functionality like Sketch Measure and the first thing I tried to do was open a PSD.

• Daniel TomalinDaniel Tomalin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if this feature worked like:

1. UX creates wireframes in XD
        2. Share XD Wireframe with UI designer so they can import it into PS (including layers)
        3. UI can create HIFI design
        4. UX can then import that design into XD and prototype it

• John SnothenJohn Snothen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And please, allow people to upvote comments in this site. That would reduce the duplication and bring your attention to what matters from the eyes of the customers. Otherwise you are left with hundreds of texts to parse and sort out, and with so much data you are unlikely to get the priorities right every time.

Even if you allow importing as a "copy merged" image, no layers or anything, and then allow users to define areas to click and transition between these static assets, that would already make XD useful to me. As a plus, if you implement something like Linked Smart Objects where I could still make changes in Photoshop and just have it refreshed in XD, that would be great.

This is the number one thing needed for anyone to go with XD and the adobe stack over Sketch. People using Sketch and Invision don't care for XD, really. It's the people doing things in Photoshop that do, so if you don't create a direct bridge to bring on all assets and artboards from a PSD / PSB file into into XD, you are basically catering to a very small subset of people out there. I was eagerly waiting XD for windows, until I saw I can't bring anything I have on Photoshop, so for now this is not useful to me.

... And Adobe misses the primary reason people would want to use their UX/UI design tool over Sketch. Amazing to me!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base