Request details

Import Photoshop / PSD

Import Photoshop file with options to select layers and/or artboards.

This would increase ease of use and workflow, so a user is not always switching between apps. Import options for layers, artboards, or even layer comps, would also cut down a lot of rework.

1,139 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Peter DiBartolo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

130 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really really would love to be able to transfer my photoshop app project over to XD! Please please please find a way to easily sync psd to xd!!!

• Adil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you guys for starting work on this feature! You're awesome!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really really would love to be able to transfer my photoshop app project over to XD! Please please please find a way to easily sync psd to xd!!!

• Luke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolute must if my team are to introduce XD to our workflow. Aside from UI, we also need to focus on content and image curation/editing. Better link up between PS and XD would create an end to end design process. This would also offer a huge benefit over Sketch with bitmap editing it cannot match.

Just the ability to link images/psd files into XD would be a big step forward.

Hoping this one's value isn't underestimated and it get's prioritised as such. Thanks

• Dave R. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very close to switching to Adobe XD. But right now it just doubles work. At a minimum, there should be an option in Photoshop that allows you to export a file to XD. I understand the complexities of importing a Photoshop file, but until they can work together better – I'm not able to use XD as my one-source for all UX/UI like I'd prefer to. Also, removing the "Preview" function in Photoshop has begun to force our hand – please give us an option that can integrate with Photoshop. Thanks.

• Elisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BADLY NEEDED SOON! especially since we have very big historically grown projects we are working on. Contracts with clients also prevent switching most of the time, but it would be awesome to make it clickable. this way other external prototyping tools wouldn't be needed.

• Victor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the only thing that prevents me moving to XD.
        Being a Photoshop power user for many years, I have a large number of projects in it. Many of them need to be maintained and evolved, but to do it in Photoshop is a huge headache. At the same time, to translate thousands of layers into XD and manually put them in places even sounds crazy.
        I think I'm not the only one of the kind and, at least for me, the feature of complete importing files or artboards from Photoshop is the decisive factor in choosing between HD and its competitors.

• LINUS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE! it so use to me otherwise... principle imports sketch files but not PSDs so do the oposite, photoshop import to XD.

• Vijay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope It gets implemented soon. Will save a lot of effort and time.

• Mr.Kumar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was trying to do the same and learn that its currently not possible. It is a kind of thing that you expect to happen by default in adobe ecosystem. Please make it happen.

• sib commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was surprised that this wasn't implemented sooner. Along with the loads of other comments, I agree that this is a must needed feature.

• Yata commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definetly needed! A no brainer! At least they should enable adding a psd as a linked smart object into XD. This is what they have done through Libraries. But I don't want the hassle of limiting myself to Libraries only.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base