Request details

Import Photoshop / PSD

Import Photoshop file with options to select layers and/or artboards.

This would increase ease of use and workflow, so a user is not always switching between apps. Import options for layers, artboards, or even layer comps, would also cut down a lot of rework.

1,050 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Peter DiBartolo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

120 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Elisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BADLY NEEDED SOON! especially since we have very big historically grown projects we are working on. Contracts with clients also prevent switching most of the time, but it would be awesome to make it clickable. this way other external prototyping tools wouldn't be needed.

• Victor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the only thing that prevents me moving to XD.
        Being a Photoshop power user for many years, I have a large number of projects in it. Many of them need to be maintained and evolved, but to do it in Photoshop is a huge headache. At the same time, to translate thousands of layers into XD and manually put them in places even sounds crazy.
        I think I'm not the only one of the kind and, at least for me, the feature of complete importing files or artboards from Photoshop is the decisive factor in choosing between HD and its competitors.

• LINUS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE! it so use to me otherwise... principle imports sketch files but not PSDs so do the oposite, photoshop import to XD.

• Vijay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope It gets implemented soon. Will save a lot of effort and time.

• Mr.Kumar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was trying to do the same and learn that its currently not possible. It is a kind of thing that you expect to happen by default in adobe ecosystem. Please make it happen.

• sib commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was surprised that this wasn't implemented sooner. Along with the loads of other comments, I agree that this is a must needed feature.

• Yata commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definetly needed! A no brainer! At least they should enable adding a psd as a linked smart object into XD. This is what they have done through Libraries. But I don't want the hassle of limiting myself to Libraries only.

• Nir Ainbinder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely a must! Being a PS power user who uses it for all my design and art work and having a full on giant sized website already designed on multiple artboards and psd files, making the switch to XD is not really an option unless this feature becomes a reality.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No Brainer for sure... it seems amazing to me that you can import a PSD by layers into After effects but you cannot for XD. It is an amazing product and has tons of potential, just so much missing that can be improved.

• Bart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is a no brainer. It would greatly improve workflow.

• Rich UIUX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

super need this, this is a must, please please please we would be glad to have this.

• Opsilon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, As i understand, the XD as it is now duplicates the time and work on a project. Will continue to design on PSD/Ai and go to XD only to display the interactions between pages, which will be done only if the work is quick. Maybe XD should be a flow app only? not sure...

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base