Request details

Import Photoshop / PSD

Import Photoshop file with options to select layers and/or artboards.

This would increase ease of use and workflow, so a user is not always switching between apps. Import options for layers, artboards, or even layer comps, would also cut down a lot of rework.

939 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Peter DiBartoloPeter DiBartolo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

105 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rich UIUXRich UIUX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

super need this, this is a must, please please please we would be glad to have this.

• OpsilonOpsilon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, As i understand, the XD as it is now duplicates the time and work on a project. Will continue to design on PSD/Ai and go to XD only to display the interactions between pages, which will be done only if the work is quick. Maybe XD should be a flow app only? not sure...

• Umid NegmatullayevUmid Negmatullayev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about adding new feature for Photoshop like that we should able to our artboards to xd as a xd extension from photoshop. And use xd to make prototypes. that would save whole lots of time.

• qinqin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PS--PSD--XD ! XD--PSD--PS !! AI--EPS\SVG\AI--XD!!! XD--SVG--AI!!!!!!!!!!

• Chris McKennaChris McKenna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would it be possible for XD to import the PSD as flat, but update the graphic on Save. That way if we change something in the PSD, the file can update automatically

• UIUX LabUIUX Lab commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to need this feature, allows me to effectively use the former projects.

• OlesiaOlesia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have many projects in the PSD, I don't want to work in the Sketch, I want to quickly import all shapes, texts, colors and pictures into Xd (in different layers). Especially all shapes.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

es sencillo, en las preferencias de photoshop exporten a SVG, les exportan los elementos por separado, así si los pueden importar al XD.

saludos

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base