Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keyboard shortcut: Rename layer/group

Would love to have a menu item at the very least, that I could assign a keyboard shortcut, to rename a layer or group. I'm on a big display and it wastes so much of my time, dragging my mouse all the way to the top left to also double click a layer.

Thanks!

17 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

not-a-bug-feature-request  ·  11 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Overlays below the viewport height in scrollable artboards

For desktop apps, it's really commun to have Selects elements below the fold.

Overlays would be really really useful for that. But for some reasons, the overlay gets stuck to the bottom of the viewport while trying to position it below.

So that I cannot use overlays in my scrollable artboards, and make them pop pop from anywhere on the page (of course, by preserving scroll position)

Thanks guys.
      Hope this will be part of a release soon!

6 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Overlay doesn't work with scroll

If you have a scrolling art board 2000px high (1366 wide), set a scroll position of 768px. Add an overlay to hot spot to call an overlay panel at say 800px and then as you scroll to the hot spot at 800px click to reveal the overlay and nothing will happen. It is broken by the scroll.

4 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Prototype overlays cannot placed outside artboard

1) Artboard overlay indicator is placed
          2) Content on artboard cannot be aligned with button or page margin
          3) In order to show box-shadow in the protoype I had to extend my overlay artboard. But then I cannot align it to the page margin or button, because the overlay function does not allow me to place it outside of the view.

Also it would be great to see the applied grid/layout settings in prototype mode, so it is possible to place the overlays pixel perfect.

3 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Properties in design specs for grouped object

Hi, when I try to get the properties for a grouped object in design specs I've not the whole informations I expect.

In the group I've a text and lines but nor text nor lines are described.

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Overlay position accounts for scrolling in viewport

There is a bug when i preview an overlay effect. If a do scroll the overlay appears in the wrong place.

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

After discussing with the team this is working as designed. Overlay position is relative to the viewport. Meaning, wherever it is set to appear in the linked artboard is where it remains.

I’ve updated the title and moved to feature request forum for team to consider including in future release.

Thanks for sharing your feedback!
                Nina

• "Favourite Fonts" not available in XD like in the other Apps like Ai or Ps?

Shame as it makes it easier to browse through the fonts we usually used the most or the most - I suppose that the other option is to save the top choices in the current project library?
                XD version: 10.0.12.09 / CC version: 3.1.0.8

Many thanks for your help and time!
                Karen

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Export original image inside a mask, not just the masked region.

When exporting a selected image inside a mask for export, the expectation is that the original photo will be exported if thats all I've selected. Instead it's just exporting the masked region.

This is particularly frustrating you need to pass along original assets to a development team that will do their own masking on a live website or app.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Joshua:

That makes a lot of sense! One way to work around this is to create a mask group. This will keep the image as a separate layer within the group that can then be enabled for batch export.

I’ve moved this report over to the Feature Request forum for team to review.

Cheers!
                    Nina
                    Adobe XD

• Published Prototype default transition: Pls REVERT to "none" instead of slide left

We have a project of complex web app designs, once we're ready to submit this for review, we:
                    - publish prototype
                    - create public link (allow comments and show hotspot hints)

so BEFORE, we open the xd link to browser (chrome) then scroll through designs using left and right arrow keys to review every page. There's no transition between pages, so it will be easy to spot misalignments and inconsistent spaces. We haven't added transition wires on every page, just created public link then review online. Now, the transition between pages is "slide left".

Not effective, can we revert it…

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Renaming character styles or symbols does not affect design specs

HI,

I tried out the feature of renaming charater styles and updated the design specs afterwards. When I opened the design specs they still had the original names. Rendering the feature half way useful.

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base