Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

449 results found

1. Where are the text formatting tools present on Photoshop and illustrator ?
    - underline
    - all in capital
    - small capital
    - superior/exponent
    - inferior/sign
    - barred

Even making a copy / paste formatting of the text isn't preserved.

Waiting for an answer from Adobe XD Team

Best regards

748 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. There are already a few requests about fundamental shadow implementation but seem to have gotten no attention. Without these in place it will be difficult to design today's interfaces in XD.

First: Shadow spread - positive and negative.

Second: Multiple Shadows on one object.

Third: Shadow is clipped by object - so that if the object has transparency the shadow isn't showing through it.

These are basic shadow capabilities on every other program and used daily by interface designers.

Negative spread is key. It will allow us to create these (see attachment) types of shadows without workarounds and is supported…

136 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Would be amazing having some dummy assets already available for use: things like lorem-ipsum placeholder text, content boxes (crossed out), profile picture/user silhouettes and maybe even social media profile icons (FB, Twitter).

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. In Sketch, you can right-click any area of an artboard and select any of the layers that are under the cursor. This is immensely helpful in selecting layers covered by other layers (eg, rectangles covered by text). And in the absence of a layers panel, it is the only way (that I know of). In any case, it's the most convenient way to do so.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m marking this as inactive for the following reasons:

• This was originally filed when XD had no layers panel, and it now has one
    • We also recently introduced a change to the Cmd+Click / Ctrl+Click behavior that would cycle through the layers visually as you selected on the canvas

Given these two things, I’m closing this one as no longer applicable. Feel free to file additional feature requests in this area if you still feel like XD is missing something!

5. -We need to be able to change content on each symbol.
    such as text in buttons

-It would be awesome to add any variable such as size or state giving the ability to do responsive elements.

-another way of describing the above would be if you have a list of items but that same symbol could be turned into a grid. these are all things you can do with CSS we as designers should be able to do it in the design.

Finally, Margin's and Paddings for elements within other elements This could all be done with these custom variables…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there! A couple of things about this request:
    - It’s much better to separate requests like these into individual requests, as it allows for others to search and upvote much easier
    - We already have all of these requests in our database! Please upvote the following features:

Thanks!

-Elaine

6. The Google Material UI Kit is great but could all the icons be in there please?

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. We are still using Fireworks as a great tool for layouting for web and digital projects and it's powerful and fast tools for editing bitmaps is something that will make XD stand out from the competitors.
    We know that is a design and prototyping tool but in many phases of our UX and UI design we need some basic bitmap editing activities (we know that Photoshop can do that but the spped and intuitive interface of Fireworks is something that any other Adobe tools does not have).
    It would be great that improvement would be integrated into XD.

Best from…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Fireworks had a lot of features! We prefer if feature requests are filed more individually, to keep the list tidy and so others can upvote the specific features they’re interested in.

Please upvote these existing items if they’re of interest, or file new items for specific other image-editing features you’d like to see in XD:

8. Text fields should be able to show the basic semantic categories that HTML offers: paragraphs, unordered lists/bullets, ordered lists/numbers, indentations, headings of various levels. These should be able to be controlled via styles. Otherwise, it's challenging to use XD to design any text-heavy web page or app.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I miss the character controle from photoshop.

All Caps
    Superscript
    Subscript

and so on

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Guides :-)
    • Color Tags for Layers
    • UI Dark Theme or the option to select a color theme
    • Selection of Highlight Color on Layers
    10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! In the future, please file a single ticket per request so that we can more easily aggregate with other feedback we receive! All of these requests are already in the database and just need your upvote:

10. It is actually a set of improvement ideas:

• Bring in the layers, rulers & guides. It'd be extremely helpful to better organize the elements on the working environment.

• Further text capabilities: underline? hyphenation? Currently, the paragraph manipulation is rather limited, compared to (say) Illustrator/inDesign.

• For Adobe loyal users (like myself) adapting to a radically new set of shortcuts feels weird, and adds extra difficulty to everyday tasks. 'A' for artboards, ’R’ for rectangles and ‘E’ for ellipses makes sense, if you never-ever used illustrator/photoshop/indesign. ’Tab’ for hiding all panels would also be really handy.

• What about blending modes for elements?…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Dear Adobe
    Why on earth are you not putting more energy into making Adobe XD useful enough to warrant using?
    No Swipe animation creation?
    No Web URL linking
    No Video embed?
    It’s like da moment?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We’ve been working on growing XD’s prototyping capabilities, and I think you’ll see some vast improvements in the upcoming months. More specifically about this database, it’s best if you file an individual ticket per idea so that we can better aggregate with other people’s ideas.

In this case, all of your ideas are already in the database and are just waiting for your upvote:

12. I'd like to see more options for typography, such as all caps, small caps and opentype features.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Currently, zoom animation takes really long. I am used to pretty fast zooming in Photoshop and Illustrator - just one scroll of a wheel and you immediately are where you want to be.
    I think I am not the only one, thus an option to disable this long transition would be great.
    Also, there would be no need for blurring effect while zooming because there wouldn't be any redundant frames to render.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Options for align text vertically, apply color settings to frame such as fill, border and padding like InDesign text frames.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. hi Adobe-Team!
    Great tool so far but there is room for more basic tools.
    - Rulers
    - move a pic in a frame (better crop tool)
    - more options at the text-tool (line hight, different text stlyes in one block)
    - bullet lists (styleable bullets)
    - stylesheets for different objects, text, ...

Thank you for your great work!
    greetings - chris

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hopefully you’ve seen a lot more improvements since we launched our first Preview, especially for typographic features!

I’m marking this as action-required, as we’d like for suggestions to be granular so that we can better aggregate them together. Please do upvote or file separate issues. Here are some suggestions:

Rulers: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/14160699
    Image repositioning within masks: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12930303
    Typographic improvements: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12927885

Thanks for your feedback, and hope to hear from you soon!

-Elaine

16. Balsamiq has a huge user base, but I think XD has the potential to become the next go-to tool for Prototyping. However, you will need to take a long and serious look at it, and try to at least match 80% of its features, and of course also add the missing ones ;-)

• Set up project wide snap to grid, in a similar way as PhotoShop.
    • Allow font size, colour and style changes within a paragraph.
    • Create a symbol library for reusable elements.
    • Create an asset library for imported assets.
    • Improve the colour picking tool.
    • Allow the setting of default…
    7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When dragging icons from Noun Project App into XD there is an issue with XD not recognizing SVG's. The SVG icon is only recognized as a png element? When doing the same in other programs (illustrator or photoshop) or in your competition Sketch this is not a problem! Currently, the workaround is to drag from noun project into Illustrator and then copy into XD but obviously annoying.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Color swatch is Great!!... But we have not yet been able to delete the saved colors nor to edit them, leaving several unused colors in the palette.

I know a lot of ideas are being sent but I believe that color management deserves attention since when we need to change a color we have to manually change all the elements. My idea is basically to be able to edit a color in the palette and see all the elements flipping to this new color in real time. The gain in productivity would be incredible!
    In short, my request is:
    1)…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Starting to say that all the new upgrade are making my life way more easier and more time efficient, what i would really love is to have ability like the one a dos In Design file gives you. For instance, being able to use a 360 degree picture that interact through finger touch. The option to place a keyboard out of the work frame but still be able to link it to a button in order to pop up once a user touch that button. Finally add videos.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This request reflects three existing ideas in UserVoice. Please do upvote these ideas instead!

Horizontal scroll (for the 360º photo): https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13616781
    Artboard overlay (keyboard situation): https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12924909
    Video support: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12924336-import-videos-animated-gifs

Thanks!

-Elaine

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23