Adobe XD: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Once a change is made, allow to "update-link" without closing document

I am able to open a file and make changes, then update the LINK under sharing.

However, after making another change, there is no option to "update" the link. I have to close the file and re-open to update the link with those changes.

My suggestion is each time the user clicks the "Share" button, to have the file check and see if any changes have been made. If so, allow to update-link. If no changes are seen, then gray it out until a change is made.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Repeat grid across 2 or more columns

I have a 2 column grid of portrait photos, but the images that I select for 'Repeat Grid' only populate one of the columns instead of both columns. It would be really nice if the photos repeated i.e. from left to right, top to bottom.

2 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Advanced Design

I think this app should be almost the same as muse but an output as an app' not a webbsite and add scratch like blocks like there are in ai2.

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Rectangular tool and info tool

Have any ability to add rectangular tool and info tool like photoshop it's very helpful tools for web design.

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • 要望です。

・テキストのボールド、下線などの機能の追加を要望します。
            ・x,yの移動、オブジェクトサイズを計算できるようにして欲しいです。(320*2_320/2_320+100_320-100)

よろしくお願いします。

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

These requests already exist in UserVoice – please upvote them to support these two ideas. Please note that text bold already exists. Your typeface will need to support different font weights in order to support bold.

Text Underline – https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13826292-underline-text
              Math operators – https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12992463-support-math-operators-in-number-fields

Thanks,

-Elaine

これらのリクエストは既にUserVoiceに存在しています。これらの2つのアイデアをサポートするためにアップボートしてください。 太字のテキストはすでに存在していますのでご注意ください。 あなたの書体は太字をサポートするために異なるフォントの重みをサポートする必要があります。

テキストアンダーライン – https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13826292-underline-text
              数学演算子 – https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12992463-support-math-operators-in-number-fields

ありがとう、

-イレーヌ

このメッセージは機械翻訳されました。

• Imperative Features to Combat Sketch Dominance

I am long-time Sketch user. There are some things I love about Sketch that makes it a valuable UI / UX design tool that Adobe XD desperately needs!

So far, I am LOVING Adobe XD and plan to continue to experiment with it. However, there are quite a few very necessary features that the XD team NEEDS to implement; especially for web developers.

1. RULERS / GUIDES (the grid is nice, but I am very much missing rulers & guides)

2. The ability to right click on text, an object made in XD, etc. and copy "CSS attributes."

3. Photoshop,…

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Depth design

As in the design of materials Google, if you could play with the depth of the elements in the interface that is designing the final design be achieved much more consistent and scalable. Utilziar could also be a layer system, the best Photoshop style to keep adding layers and replace them quickly to try different concepts without having to create an entirely new view.

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As it’s been three months since we’ve requested more information (and we’ve released layers since then), marking this as action required. Please do file this issue again if you think we still need to do this.

Thanks!

-Elaine

• First noticed (needed) functions....

While some of these needs have been posted individually, I am posting a summary of needed functions. These missing functions get in the way every few moments...

• Keyboard shortcut for eyedropper

• Ability to create a symbol, where text can be changed

• Ability to create a symbol that carries multiple states
                  To explain, a navigation item that may have 3 states. You drag the symbol to the canvas, then select the state.

• Ability to LINK symbols. So every time the canvas shows a navigation item, you do not have to always relink it. Every new screen requires…

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you file one item per suggestion – it allows for others to upvote and helps us aggregate the feedback. All of the requests you have here are already filed, so you can just click on them and upvote:

-Elaine

• Windows Features

Adobe hello, please, the following features that improve the functionality of Adobe XD
                    1. First, please, add the FTP function in the export menu. The finished project should be able to send assets to FTP server.
                    2. It will be useful to greater choice of visual effects transition elements such as animation hiding bar, push effect. Every element loaded on Website Design should be an additional transition settings.
                    3. Please add blur effects, and the possibility of cutting elements, as the case OSX.

Best reagrds to all Team :)

12 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you only have one request in each entry, not multiple. As Joan mentioned, we recently shipped blur effects.

Please feel free to upvote the following for your other requests:
                      Microinteractions (for your push request): https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12869229-animate-individual-elements-separately-custom-ani
                      Scissor tool/slice: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13712892-scissor-tool-slice-vector-path

I’ll file a separate story to track the FTP request and add the original poster as a voter.

Thanks,

-Elaine

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Page Order according to the way they are ordered on the stage

When presenting a bigger project with many pages, I had trouble to show them the pages when presenting it online. I think the arrows are a great way to go through page 1 until page x. But when the order is random it does not make any sense to use it, so I used the local XD-file with the stage.

I suggest to take the order for the page by using the position of the upper left corner of a page. I am open to any other possibility that gives me the possibility to control the order of the pages.

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

As we haven’t heard back in three months, I’m going to go ahead and close this request. Please let us know if you’d like different behavior from what you’re seeing right now.

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Top Features Needed

I've been using XD for a while now and have been very satisfied with the beta version, although there are 3 top features that would substantially improve the application:

1. Add the ability to pin certain objects to keep them from scrolling with the entire screen. For example, a navigation bar (header) or tab bar (footer) becomes static and does not scroll with the rest of the elements on the screen.

2. Add a few application preferences, i.e.: default font (would be a huge time saver to not have to change to the desired font every time new text elements…

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you file each idea separately, so that people can better upvote (and we can better merge). That being said, most of what you’re interested in has already been filed, so you can simply upvote and add your thoughts.

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

• List of feature request

Hi Adobe XD Team,

I've been using adobe xd for a couple of days. I'm a UI/UX Designer based in Philippines and this product made me a lot easier to design web projects.

I have few request base to my experience in using this product:
                          Saving Status - When i'm saving my current project it so hard to distinguish whether my project has been saved or not.

Prototype Scrolling - i have a design with a custom height for example i used web 1366x768 artboard but my current project is longer than the original height. so when i click desktop…

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks so much for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you have individual ideas in each request. Many of these features have been requested already (and scrolling artboards just landed in the February release, which was released last week).

Please upvote the following:

Thanks again for your excitement! We hope to hear from you again soon.

-Elaine

• There is the function that I want.

There is the function that I want.
                            1. I want a function to perform data conversion to photoshop and an illustrator.
                            When I brush it up by WEB production, it is easy to use it.

2. I distribute a layer and am considered to be it, and I want to be separated by letter data, image data.
                            When it uses it as XD, this is because the image data cuts it when divided with data and image data to make a letter in png and is available in WEB.

3. I want a point to list including the comment.
                            When…

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

These are great ideas! Unfortunately, it becomes very hard for others to upvote and for us to merge if there are multiple requests in one UserVoice idea. I believe at least one of these ideas are in your suggestion:

Please note that we have just added the pinned comments feature, which I believe is your third suggestion.

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Design Mode

It would be nice to be able to present Mobile Design for Developer internal or external team members through Adobe XBut There some less featuers for design
                              Please add there More Tools like select ,Crop , Shapes Tools , Add ruler ,

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best if you file one idea per suggestion. As it is, the features you’ve suggested are already in the database! Please upvote the following stories:

If you have additional feature requests, please file them one at a time here on UserVoice!

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Add critical features to Mac version then focus on Windows

I see that you've been updating the Windows version to bring it to par with the Mac version. But can you first add some critical features to the Mac version before going full-steam on the Windows?

This way we'll at least have one platform with a strong set of basic features:

a) Non-scrollable elements to fix a header or footer.
                                b) Show/hide elements so that I can emulate a drop-down menu or a popup window without creating countless Artboards and super complex links.

5 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

These features are on our roadmap already, so you should upvote them separately to let us know you’re interested. We’re working on ensuring that we can deliver on both platforms going forward, and there won’t be that much longer to wait until you see new features on Mac.

Upvote here:

• Windows version to be on par with Mac version

It would be great if the Widows version was on par with the Mac version instead of half a year behind.

10 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are currently focused on bringing Windows to alignment with Mac and will be moving forward with new innovations afterward. Please do feel free to upvote for specific features you feel are missing so that we can contact you when they’re available!

Thanks,

-Elaine

• [Windows] Make the windows version the same as the Mac version.

I think it's great that the people at Adobe are creating a tool that rivals Sketch, if not succeeds it. However windows users don't have access to that piece of software as it's exclusive to Mac computers. XD is the perfect solution for Windows users who want a prototyping/web design software like Sketch, but don't want to shell out a ton of money for a Mac computer.

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are actively working on feature alignment between Windows and Mac and are releasing new features on Windows every month. The UserVoice database is best used at a more granular level, so if there are features you want to track, please search for them and upvote them to get more info when we release!

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Create prototype on IOS with UI kits

On IOS device. I can't using a UI kits on iPhone or iPad when I'm on the way.

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Features for game developers

Games are generating many times more money on iOS/Android then any other type of apps. Why ignore such a huge industry?
                                        Today we clearly can see shift to midcore/hardcore mobile games like MMO Real Time Strategy.
                                        This genre means user is forced to operate with a very complex system whith very high cognitive load.
                                        This games age very heavy on UI. Basically 90% of such games is UI.
                                        For example our upcoming sci-fi title consists of 162 unique screens with many states.
                                        We need a tool which will ease the process of prototyping/designing/iterating/approving the screens using our existing UIKit (a…

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m going to close this, as compound requests do not get combined very easily. Please upvote the stories I referenced in the last Email in order to hep us determine the future of XD!

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Rulers and Guides

I dont see where i can draw a guid to make sure items are pixel perfectly aligned.

3 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base