Adobe XD: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export whole artboards (or entire project) as HTML

It would be great to Export Prototypes as pure HTML Projects. I am working a lot on Multiscreen apps, where I mostly use Serveal Webcontainers Running on several Screens, to develop those Applications.

308 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

feature-needs-more-info  ·  51 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Responsive Design

Would love to see a way to prototype for different screen but not to copy paste and adjust the size - make it like in Indesign that we can link files to different sizes.

Have a tool that can collect the assets and place them together into a different scree.

86 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Please Add......

1 - Preloader for Saving
        2 - Text Properties (Under Line, Break Line, etc..)

3 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • 229 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-needs-more-info  ·  40 comments  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Additional screen size defaults for Android devices

I would be happy for a more Android devices examples with different dimensions as much as for iOS devices.

7 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (Android)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Auto leading for text

Please add auto leading for text. It would be great being able to set up the auto leading for the document like in Illustrator or Indesign (Auto leading: 120 %)

4 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • UI kit interaction and auto sync of shared library instances

Is it possible to add interaction to a UI kit elements and when we use that UI Kit it should retain that interaction as in instance. Also when a UI kit is updated by a designer it should automatically update all the all the related xd files to be in sync of same asset libraries.

Interactions could be a slider, progress bar, movement of a form element etc

4 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I think there are two separate issues in this story. The first has to do with copying interactions from a UI kit, which will be covered when we copy interactions:
                  https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13041930

The second question is probably an issue for Creative Cloud libraries: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12930321

I’m thinking that I should merge this story with the first one (copying interactions). If I don’t hear objections in about a month, I’ll go ahead and do that.

Thanks,

-Elaine

• XD export feature to xCode

Add xCode export to the list of functions... great for informative apps

22 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you tell us more about how you’d like this to work? Do you want XD to export image assets and insert them directly into the correct folders/filenames in an existing Xcode project? Or do you want XD to generate Objective-C / Swift code to create a brand new Xcode project?

• Create link between content in Artboards

For example:
                    If i created an textbox in Artboard 1 which says "Home" and i've got an copy (or more) of Artboard 1 with the same Interface and the "Home" text, it would be easier to link the textbox in Artboard 1 with the textbox in Artboard 2. So if i need to change the text, i only need to edit one of them to change both.

And (it would be nice to have a choice activating this option) if i move the linked content in Artboard 1 to another position, the position in Artboard 2 changes also.

3 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

You will eventually be able to do the first thing with Symbols, which are not yet available on Windows. The second one sounds like master artboards, where you can set one artboard and have it reflect on multiple.

To get info on when symbols will be available: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/17614153

If I don’t hear any objections in the next month or so, I can merge this in with master artboards (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12922758-global-master-artboard-templates-pin-objects-acro).

-Elaine

• Export Artboards at a Device's True Resolution

Artboards should export at the device's true resolution. iPhone 7 Plus should export at 1242x2208 and not the 414x870. Same with Android's 1080x1920 resolution.

We should at least select the 3 times (3x) option when exporting. Artboards. The PDF option creates too many steps to create a PNG/JPG of an Artboard.

3 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Enhance interactivity under prototype mode

Is it possible to enable user to draw multi-wires which is distinguished by colors over a unique element? That means each input and output have a property about color, and then the interaction can go according to different color wire.

To be frank, Xd is fantastic, but currently its interactivity is a little bit weak.

2 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Question: are you looking for different colors for a specific reason? Is this more for clarification purposes (e.g. setting a different color wire depending on workflow), or do you expect different behavior from each wire color?

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Advanced prototype

you should make more prototype options... If you want this to be a great app look at some of the features in wix.com or ai2. I think like in ai2 you should use a block editor for anyone who wants to use it because it will open a lot of options. Also' look at all the wix features and see what you can add into the designing of this.

2 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! When you’re looking at Wix and AI2, what features help you accomplish what you’re trying to do? What are you trying to make, and how do these two products help you accomplish them?

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Transparent storyboard background

If I want a color or image for the background, I should have to add an actual object or image. If not, that background should be transparent to the previous storyboard

6 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

So it seems like what you’re looking for is to place an image within a mask by default, or an In-Design style image place box? If so, I’d like to merge this with the InDesign-style image place story, as we don’t have the concept of “storyboards” (only artboards).

Unless I hear objections in the next month or so, I’ll go ahead and merge.

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Run multiple prototypes simultaneously (multiple Preview windows in desktop app)

I'm about to do a focus group - and we have a Mobile AND Web prototype we're running.

Right now, I can only "play" one prototype at a time - Making side-by-side comparison impossible. (So if I click the play button on my Web prototype, it shows up, but when I click the play button on my Mobile prototype - it closes the web one to open the mobile one).

I'd like to be able to have both running simultaneously - so we could compare interactions "live" as it were.

7 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Would it work to share the prototype(s) and then view the two different sizes in separate browser tabs/windows? (Even if the artboards are all in one XD file, you could share it and open the same sharing URL in two tabs, then navigate to different artboards in each tab).

If not, could you tell us more about why online shared prototypes don’t work for your workflow?

• More slide transitions

Few more nice slide transitions wouldn't kill anyone, would it :)

211 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-needs-more-info  ·  14 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Transition screen timeline

Create a new mode between Design and Prototype called "Transitions" so screens can animate effectively between states.

State the overall duration of the transition in milliseconds (between screens) and the object transform of what it does to intro and what it does to outro so you can customise exactly how something appears. Very similar to how Flash used to do it from object timeline and behaviours from an onLoad event.

This would also solve the problem of wait on screens to simulate an auto advance if an ambient state to a screen has a given time to show. (Zero '0'…

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Embed HTML from external sites on XD prototypes

Stripe (ePay) https://stripe.com compatibility / payment buttons. we do not need more PayPal, it's lazy & old-fashioned. we need modern ePay options like Stripe please!

does XD already allow for HTML/iFrames?

how can one add a payment option button in XD-created sites?

thanks

3 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

So, just to clarify: we are an application that does not export production code. You can switch to prototyping mode by clicking on “Prototype” at the top of XD’s screen. If you’re interested in exporting production code, there are some requests in UserVoice to cover that.

-Elaine

• Share previews with the same size as the artboards

Currently, the shared preview size is 120*120... It would be great to be able to share previews with the same size as the artboards so people have a full preview of it.

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently, we do share the preview at the same size as the artboards, unless your artboard is much larger than your browser (at which point we shrink it down to fit inside your browser window). Are you seeing something much different?

-Elaine

• ID tags for objects used on many artboards

I would be nice to be able to assign an ID to a object (like a logo). So that when you change the dimensions or position for that object in one artboard, the change is applied in all artboards where the object with the given ID is present.

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

I’d like to suggest that we change this to apply to Symbols, which are available on Mac but still in development for Windows 10. If I don’t hear an objection within about a month, I’ll be editing the story.

Thanks,

-Elaine

• slack integration

For my team, this would be much better than just a dedicated in-tool comment system for getting feedback as this would make my prototypes more accessible to the whole team and company without the need for me to specifically send the link to select individuals.

29 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base