Adobe XD: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export whole artboards (or entire project) as HTML

It would be great to Export Prototypes as pure HTML Projects. I am working a lot on Multiscreen apps, where I mostly use Serveal Webcontainers Running on several Screens, to develop those Applications.

370 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

feature-needs-more-info  ·  56 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • shadows, shadows, shadows, shadows

There are already a few requests about fundamental shadow implementation but seem to have gotten no attention. Without these in place it will be difficult to design today's interfaces in XD.

First: Shadow spread - positive and negative.

Second: Multiple Shadows on one object.

Third: Shadow is clipped by object - so that if the object has transparency the shadow isn't showing through it.

These are basic shadow capabilities on every other program and used daily by interface designers.

Negative spread is key. It will allow us to create these (see attachment) types of shadows without workarounds and is supported…

70 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are several different requests for shadows here, and I think all of them are already tracked as their own individual suggestions:

Could everyone please upvote the specific individual requests that you need, so we can get a better picture of which are the most important? Thanks!

• Responsive Design

Would love to see a way to prototype for different screen but not to copy paste and adjust the size - make it like in Indesign that we can link files to different sizes.

Have a tool that can collect the assets and place them together into a different scree.

170 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • More slide transitions

Few more nice slide transitions wouldn't kill anyone, would it :)

216 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-needs-more-info  ·  14 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Export to an APK file

Export APK file...

5 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Turn off resizing/rotation handles when zoomed out or object is very small

When working wth any item, there is a scale/rotate/selection box around them. However, when zoomed out, and especially on small objects, you end up scaling/rotating, instead of selecting/moving the item.

It would be nice to have the scale/rotate options automatically turn off, when you are "zoomed out X amount." That is, you are probably moving the item around the screen or looking at things, etc, and not trying to scale/rotate that object, especially the small objects.

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you give an example – maybe a screenshot – of a case where you’d like the handles to be different? XD should already hide handles incrementally as the object gets smaller (taking zoom into account too), to prevent the handles rfom jumbling together on screen. For very small objects, it should hide everything except the lower-right handle.

• Copy vector art from Illustrator

I can't find this exact feature request so I thought I would request it here. Is it possible to build XD so that any Adobe Illustrator artwork can be pasted into it?

Photoshop has this ability so I'm continuing to use Photoshop for app design, however, Sketch has some nice features over Photoshop but it's inability to accept even the most simple compound shapes from Illustrator make it virtually unusable for serious design. If preventing users from switching permanently to Sketch is on Adobe's radar, I think y'all should get Illustrator objects compatibility going. It'll be the clincher to ensure…

41 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, all-

I’m trying to consolidate a number of the Illustrator issues into one list to work against, as the various requests seem to be all over the forum. I’ve started with James’ specific list below, and would like to hear back as to what other specific features are not importing correctly from Illustrator 2017.

• Pixel dimensions not aligning
                  • Support for dotted lines
                  • Support for rounded stroke
                  • Text is broken up into individual lines

Are there additional things you’ve hit that you’d like us to address?

-Elaine

• 272 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-needs-more-info  ·  43 comments  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • UI kit interaction and auto sync of shared library instances

Is it possible to add interaction to a UI kit elements and when we use that UI Kit it should retain that interaction as in instance. Also when a UI kit is updated by a designer it should automatically update all the all the related xd files to be in sync of same asset libraries.

Interactions could be a slider, progress bar, movement of a form element etc

6 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I think there are two separate issues in this story. The first has to do with copying interactions from a UI kit, which will be covered when we copy interactions:
                      https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13041930

The second question is probably an issue for Creative Cloud libraries: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12930321

I’m thinking that I should merge this story with the first one (copying interactions). If I don’t hear objections in about a month, I’ll go ahead and do that.

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Change image only in single repeat grid item

Would be nice to be able to change images of repeat grid items. At the moment if I drag & drop on a repeat grid item, all instances will change …

12 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Here’s how it works currently:

• If you drag a single image onto a Repeat Grid where all grid cells show the same image, the image will change in all the grid cells.
                        • If you drag multiple images onto a Repeat Grid, you will set up a repeating sequence of different images. For example, if I drag in 5 images at the same time, the first 5 grid cells will show different images and then the pattern will repeat (e.g. every 5th grid cell will show the same image).
                        • If you drag a single image onto a Repeat Grid that already has a repeating sequence of images, you’ll replace all copies of the image you dropped onto. For example, if you had a sequence of 5 images repeated 3 times (15 total grid cells), and then you drop a single image onto one grid cell, you’ll see 3 copies of that…
                      • Import from other Adobe tools

You already have powerful design tools. Hence, please don't try to re-invent the wheel by providing a 'Design' tab. The right direction for Adobe to go would be to just enhance the current prototyping ability by just letting people import design from other tools from your suite. Currently it breaks really badly when you copy/paste stuff between tools and is quite painful.

5 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re constantly working on improving our import support from other Adobe products, as we know that people already have existing tooling that they like to use. We already import vector from Illustrator and bitmap from Photoshop, and are working on additional workflows for importing. Can you help me understand what tool specifically you’re trying to import from, and what’s broken about it now? It would help us focus our efforts so that we address the pain points first.

-Elaine

• Alt + scroll mouse wheel zoom is opposite of PS/AI/etc...

1. I noticed that alt + scroll mouse to zoom has an inverted behavior from the existing paradigms that the rest of the creative suite (like Photoshop and Illustrator) set. For example: scrolling up zooms in within XD while it zooms out within PS/AI. The request is to make XD's scroll consistent with the paradigms the rest of the creative suite has set with mouse scroll zoom.

2. Inconsistent and unexpected feature behavior, especially when moving between PS/AI and XD.

10 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • XD export feature to xCode

Add xCode export to the list of functions... great for informative apps

26 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you tell us more about how you’d like this to work? Do you want XD to export image assets and insert them directly into the correct folders/filenames in an existing Xcode project? Or do you want XD to generate Objective-C / Swift code to create a brand new Xcode project?

• slack integration

For my team, this would be much better than just a dedicated in-tool comment system for getting feedback as this would make my prototypes more accessible to the whole team and company without the need for me to specifically send the link to select individuals.

31 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • [Windows] Save status bar

1 - Preloader for Saving
                                2 - Text Properties (Under Line, Break Line, etc..)

4 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • [Mac] Wacom Tablet Support

It is very easy to navigate the Xd interface with a magic mouse or touch pad however when I am working with my Wacom (which is often) I loose some of the functionality such as zooming and being able to move around the interface with a 'hand' tool option 'H' like in Illustrator and Photoshop. If one of the artboard falls off the screen/interface, I am unable to simply drag the view to accomodate the artboard. If I am using the Wacom I have to go to the magnification setting in the upper left hand of the interface which is…

25 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please note that the Wacom tablet on Windows only is considered a pen experience, which is not yet supported on the canvas. You should be able to select the tools along the side and interact with XD in the property inspector. We’re working on that particular experience.

However, I’d like to keep this open to be able to talk about what specific issues Mac users are experiencing. Please do add these in the comments!

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Ability to replace/update image files

I wish I had the ability to select an image and be able to update the file or change the image with out having to import another image if it is exactly the same size or I updated the design.

19 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Clipboard Integration with PS + AI for Vector and Transparent PNG

Pls add clipboard integration for Vector Shapes from AI and Photoshop as well as transparent bitmap layers from PS.

3 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • InDesign Workflow – linked files in XD

For the design I use InDesign as InDesign is much more powerful as XD. I export my Designs as PNG and import those PNGs in XD to create linked artboards for customer presentations.

It would be very much needed to have extern links (as in InDesign) pointing to those PNGs. Each time I update my Design in InDesign and export automated all PNGs all screens in XD would also be updated. I conceptualize webprojects with more than 200+ screens and this would speed up prototyping tremendously.

Anyway XD rules – really like it – just miss this killer feature!

19 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Okay, so I’m trying to understand here. By looking up documentation, I see that you can place images in your file and link them to an image on your file system, so not embedding them in the file. (I’m assuming you’re not talking about inserting links to images on the Internet via URLs.) When the document opens, it loads up the image and places it in. In some apps, updating the file on the file system will update the image automatically without any intervention, and in other apps, changing it on the file system won’t update until you either manually refresh or relaunch the app.

This scenario is what I was defining as “dynamic linking.” Smart Objects (as I’m defining them in my head) are elements that are in a CC file format (like Photoshop or Illustrator). Am I misunderstanding your request for external links?

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Broken or Standby Links

When deleting a frame with connections
                                          there should be an option to delete all those connections or change the links leading to that frame to broken or standby links. Also displaying those links as a different color would be necessary.

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base