Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Layers : leave them out!!

I want you to continue on the path of leaving layers out of XD. Layers are NOT needed. You've already proved they have no solid use cases in UX design to me and everyone I work with. We've totally adopted your product into our workflow already and layers would add unnecessary complication to the workflow. Keep it simple! Great work by the way!

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

19 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Based on a long research, we are building Layers to support some use cases, such as symbols, exporting and organizing complex compositions. We will do this via a concept called Local Layers. If you don’t want them at all, you will be able to hide the layers panel and they won’t bother you. Thanks for the sincere feedback.

2. 13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring back system color picker as an option

Now all my color sets I've made in the system color picker for using in many other different apps are unavailable in Adobe XD. That was not very good idea. Additional little button to call the system color picker within the standard color picker panel would be appreciated.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Presentation Mode like InVision

It would be nice to be able to present functional wireframes to internal or external team members through Adobe Xd itself, not just sending out a link. InVision has a nice feature where you can start a presentation just by clicking a button. You don't need to share your screen using Zoom or Go-To-Meeting, it just does it. Another cool thing is, everyone can collaborate in real-time or leave comments.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Joan wrote:
    You can put your preview window into full screen mode to present your design in a meeting without sharing it to an external link.

Right now, there are no plans to support functionality like the live-share from InVision.
    ====

I’m marking this as declined.

5. Show/Hide Password toggle

It will be nice to have Show/Hide Password toggle all the time when publishing prototype/specks. Working on multiple projects, or coming back to a project after some time left, it is hard to remember what was the password for that particular project.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Look at illustrator, look at photoshop, look at sketch

Look at illustrator, look at photoshop, look at sketch.

We're missing the most basic of features at the moment, some of which adobe has built in the past.

• Aligning to section, canvas or document

• Right click context menu

• Keyboard shortcuts that make sense

• Snapping

• Rulers

Designers like to be precise with measuring, something which at the moment, is not an easy task.

Also, being unitless, what does '7' mean on a rounded corner? This ambiguity when going from design to code is something that could be addressed

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a collection of feature requests, not a single feature request. (will close it for now, feel free to submit individual requests).

We are constantly talking to customers who use different tools and learning from it. But we are also spending a lot of energy thinking what tools are necessary, if they fit and if we can create something new that makes sense and improves your life as a designer. Stay tuned for more and more updates in our monthly releases.

Some updates:

- Aligning to section, canvas or document (feature-in-the-backlog)
    - Right click context menu (feature-completed) will be available in the April build
    - Keyboard shortcuts that make sense (feature-in-the-backlog)
    - Snapping (feature-completed) what else do you need for snapping?
    - Rulers (feature-in-the-backlog)

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

7. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are following Microsoft UWP design guidelines, which removes the top menu bar in order to be more touch-friendly. All of the options are available in the UI in the hamburger menu on the left, in the property inspector, as well as contextually using the context menu (right click).

Hope that helps,

-Elaine

8. Document forward compatibility

I am facing a serious issue. I can't open xd file that is created with a newer version in an older version of xd. Here I update my xd app regularly to get new features but my colleague gets irritated to update it regularly. Can there be a feature to convert the same file into the older version when they try to open the file?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Windows 7

Is it possible to release a version for Windows 7/8 user?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Mobile Preview: Always display preview right side up, even if device is upside down

I connect the cable to my iPhone and I can't keep my phone standing on my iPhone stand, so I put my iPhone upside down so the cable is on the upper side of my phone, this way I can keep my phone on the stand, but the app doesn't rotate upside down so I have to keep my phone in my hand while designing.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a limitation on iOS. For instance, if you open the browser and rotate the phone (from portrait, to landscape, to upside down), it doesn’t flip the contents upside down.

11. Zoom slider control

I like to have a zoom slider next to the magnifying glass when working on desktop.

Especially since i use keyboard and mouse i dont have access to a touch pad at this point – a slider would help me smoothly pan in / out at the zoom levels more seamless than +/- steps as well as percentage steps/custom valuess.

Similar to the zoom level found in Apple Photos app as well as in Finder (if enabled) for thumbnails.

It will add a quick access to smooth/seamless panning in/out of zoom levels for desktop users without a touch pad.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Scan QR code to preview prototype on mobile

As a mobile app designer I would like a feature where it is super easy (fast) to get your prototype on a phone. The option to share a link is great, but as a designer I have a lot of prototype phones lying around where I dont want to type in the link by hand.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In the near future, you’ll be able to use the mobile app to browse all of your published web prototypes and open the ones you want, in full screen, inside the mobile app for iOS or Android.

13. release a version for windows 8, 8.1

We look forward to a version for windows 8.1 be released

Thanks in advance

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Voice trigger in embed mode doesn't work

It seems that voice triggered actions are not supported in embed mode. Is it by design? If yes, why? Can you fix it any soon?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Message from Mark, the PM: Voice triggers are not supported within embedded prototypes. This is due to most browsers not allowing iframes to have access to the microphone for security reasons.

We are currently working on better messaging around this browser restriction, sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

15. Solid text underline

Text underline was recently added to Adobe XD. The current implementation adds a space around descenders. This is not how underline looks in Chrome by default.

In order create website designs that accurately reflect how they will look online, it would be great to have a way to show solid underlines that go straight through descenders, as they do in Chrome.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. iPhone 5 (5C) support for device preview app

Why there are no possibility to install XD app on regular iphone 5 and older phones? Let's do it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Close preview window on ESC key press

Using ESC key instead cmd + w feels more natural in this workflow.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. But some users utilize the preview window to design as well, for real-time updates. Hitting ESC could break that workflow. Very soon, you’ll be able to preview on both preview window and mobile devices (iOS and Android), to design, prototype and test prototypes. Stay tuned!

18. Voice speak and voice speach playback not needing to log in to test!

So, here I am trying to test my prototype with voice and speak features for people who do not read, and what? Why does it need to have a login to work the features? and only a few of them? I think is totally unfair to ask the person who is testing a layout to have to make a log in.. The person might do not want to comment on the file, but just do a use test, so I can't send the test link anybody who does not have an Adobe culture.. It is so hard to get the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’ve attached Mark’s comment here for you:

Thanks for the question. We require a login for use of voice/speech features for security reasons, as we need to ensure the request is actually coming from an authorized source (like an XD prototype). I understand this requires an extra step or two for user testing, but it’s unfortunately necessary to maintain a secure platform.

I hope that helps explain things a bit…

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. blur on zoom out

Not really a feature, but the blurred effect over the screen on zoom out control is unnecessary (and not that great to look at).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We currently do this for performance reasons instead of waiting for everything to process before displaying to you. Our proposal is that the performance of XD is more important than displaying everything perfectly rendered at all times. While we would love to have zoom that is both smooth and perfectly rendered, it’s not possible right now without taking up a ton of your memory or making XD super slow when zooming out.

Hope that explains why we do it!

-Elaine

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base