Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

46 results found

1. It would be great to simply import psd files into XD through either 'file // import PSD', or, in photoshop, 'file // export to XD', without having to rework the files.

An example for this would be a user that is designing an app in photoshop and has around 15 artboards. It would be great if the user could simply import each artboard into XD to create a wireframe to show a client / colleague, whilst also continue to make amends to the artboards in photoshop.

This could involve having some kind of Dynamic link between Photoshop and XD, so…

519 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Since it's an UX design app, why not add a customer journey map tab? UX designers could start from it, designing the user experience, defining channels, touchpoints, personas, actions and feelings... and then going deeper into visual designs and prorotypes.

455 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Being able to change the reference point from the upper-left to center or lower right or whathaveyou is so useful in other Adobe apps. Having to do everything with top-left x/y is a pain when trying to position objects by their center.

Choose point by clicking 9-grid icon

410 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Would be nice if fonts were embedded into the XD file. If not you aren't able to preview the app design with the correct font from iOS or android when syncing from creative cloud.

398 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. well it doesn't make sense why you can only record the video when someone is on your computer trying out the prototype, and just thinking you should be able to record how someone is using it when they are overseas

342 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It's quite frustrating that every time I use the shape tools, I have to remove the stroke and change the fill.
    Like in ID and AI, it would be useful if the object fill and stroke remembers the previous settings, or a default could be somehow set.

259 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When you enter a width for an object, also be able to set the size using a percent.

259 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Would love to work with My Typekit fonts inside XD. UX design without Character Panels such as in Illustrator is almost illegal.

248 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Adobe Fireworks style specific alignment in pixels.

Set spacing vertically or horizontally, by typing a specific number value into the panel.

178 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. At this time one can see "The date when the design specs was last updated"

When working on a living project, with constant improvements, or in general during development phase, it would be pretty handy for
    - developers (identify what to do)
    - testers/customers/responsible persons (what to review)
    to easily see that there where changes on special screen since last look by showing date and time of last update for each screen.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Currently "Reset to master component" resets all aspects of a component including text overwrites and color overwrites.

I'd like to have the option to keep specific overrides of a component on reset. e.g.:
    - Keep text overwrites
    - Keep color overwrites
    - Keep image overwrite

This would help to keep content and design separated and be very helpful. Especially If local adjustments where made and master was changed afterwards

Currently "Reset to master component" is the same as "Delete component" + "Paste master in original position". As a result I need to re-enter everything again.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. What if you through the link could acces the camera for apps where photosharing is key ?

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I like the live editing on mobile, that's a good case.

However, I'd like the ability for the mobile device to reflect where I am in my artboard when working in XD on my Mac.

Example -- I'm designing a mobile page and I scroll down to the footer; currently I'd have to manually scroll to the footer on my device to reflect what I'm working on.

Example II -- I'm in prototype mode on my Mac, and I click a button to move to a linked artboard. I'd expect this interaction to be mirrored on the mobile device, but…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Integration of XD with AEM will be very convenient to prototype and bring the application to life at the same place.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Similar to the rest of the creative suite, the ability to click on an object (text or object) and holding down option + moving that object with arrow keys (while also holding down shift) to duplicate the object.

2. Quickest and most painless path to duplicating objects over click + copy + paste imho.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. By mistake i choose publish proto and update link - how to cancel it? - i have to close the file to cancel an activity.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hope to see some basic editing features for mobile app. This could be really helpful for prototyping.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Instead of having the option to ungroup components it would be much better to have an option to break components and turn them back to groups with the same name as the component, if I then want to un-group its a simple keystroke to do so. Right now I have to go back in and re-group and re-name every component that was just ungrouped.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)