Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bootstrap Template

Can you guys simple include a template to create drag and drop bootstrap ui elements and layouts?

31 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • All functions of Adobe Fireworks

Can you import all the features that were available in Adobe Fireworks. That was a great product I know a number of people still use.

12 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’d like individual suggestions to be fine-grained so others can upvote the specific features they’re interested in, and we can get a better picture of which are most important.

Some of the ideas mentioned here have already been suggested separately. Please upvote these if they’re relevant to you:

Please feel free to file individual UserVoice suggestions with specifics for any other ideas that we may have missed. Thanks for your feedback!

• K.I.S.S

Don't bloat XD. Sketch are the winner in the category just because it does what you need to and nothing more and it does everything perfectly.

Be honest, look at what Sketch does and take from that. The video that surfaced when Comet was announced was perfect. All it needs is what Silver (now owned by InVision) promises for Sketch).

Why do we need support for Indesign and Photoshop files etc.

Keep it simple, do it beautifully and we will come.

8 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • I want to be able to adjust the height of the text box

Now the height of the text box of the text cannot be changed. I hope that we can provide us with the value of the text box and change the fixed height of the text box.

7 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Back to calling artboard (without getting stuck in infinite loop)

When creating navigation links in prototype mode, we can choose an existing artboard or 'previous artboard'.
            I'd like to see a third option 'calling artboard'. Let me explain the difference:

In the attached diagram, on the left, a typical 'previous artboard' scenario is shown. Going from A, B or C to X and then on X clicking some back button will bring you back to A, B or C. No problem there.

But the second scenario (right) is trickier: we go from A to X, at that point, A wil be the 'previous artboard'. We then roundtrip from X to…

7 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • A site like this for every other Adobe App

A site like this for every other Adobe App.
              Especially for AI and ID.

7 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Layers, default menus, type and rulers

1. When you play your interactions, if you have a screen that is longer than the screen proportions, the height will adapt to the screen, leaving you with a narrower interface. This happens invariably with mobile and desktop interfaces. When you share the link, the link allows you to scroll on mobile but on desktop it still adapts to the height, not allowing you to scroll.

Solution: it would be great to have a fit to width option

2. You can’t animate an overlay. Say with the hamburger menu, in order to have a menu that opens and closes on…

6 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please file each feature request individually, to keep the list tidy and so others can upvote the specific features they’re interested in.

I think everything listed here is covered by other feature requests already. Please upvote these if they fit:

1. Scrolling tall artboards — this feature is now supported
                  2. Menus and other overlays – https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12924909-overlays-sidebar-menu-popup. With animation – https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12869229-animation-support-microinteractions.
                  3. Improved character styling — line-height is now supported. A number of other specific feature requests have already been filed here, so please search out the specific ones you’re interested in and upvote those.
                  4. Grid snapping is now supported. Column/margin/gutter style grid systems – https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12924606-layout-grid-columns-rows-margins. Manually created guide lines – https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/14160453-guides

• Share your roadmap?

Guys we all appreciate the great work you are putting into this and we understand you can't work on everything at once, but at the same time, from the users' point of view, it can seem like a risky move to even consider switching moving to XD when there's no knowing which features will be implemented and when.

For example if I had jumped in 6 months ago assuming underline will be supported by now, I would have been wrong.

It would help if you could share at least some rough estimates for what you intend to work on for…

4 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We share as much as we can in our monthly blog posts in the Creative Cloud blog, in live streams, and at events like Adobe MAX, but we’re hesitant to publish a public roadmap due to the competitive landscape and the fact that we do pivot quite often to address feedback we get on UserVoice and in person. We totally understand your desire to get a hard list of items we’re working on, but we’re afraid we can’t provide such a list. We do keep UserVoice updated as much as we can, though, so our hope is that you find the information here useful!

-Elaine

• Great Job Guys! June 20: Scrollable Artboards.. (Applause) ..How about having a "praising page" for the Adobe XD Team.?

Tons of complaints, I know.. You guys deserve a page to show you praise and approval of your hard work! Great to read during lunch time.

4 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Adobe Animate CC 2015.1 Canvas with video

For Adobe Animate CC 2015.1 or future versions:

Make it possible to have canvas with video.
                      This would be really useful for Display Advertising industry

4 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If I understand this correctly, this is a feature request for Adobe Animate CC 2015 and not for Adobe Experience Design CC. If you would like video support in Adobe XD, please do upvote here:

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12924336-import-videos-animated-gifs

If you’d like a feature in Adobe Animate CC, please do check out their forums here:
                        https://forums.adobe.com/community/animate

Thanks!

-Elaine

• Duplicate vs. copy & paste

1. What's the difference between 'duplicate' and 'copy & paste' in the drop down?

2. When I copy & paste, I didn't notice the paste happened exactly on top of the copy. It took me a whole to notice where it was, the realized how many I did that was hidden behind. Please make this more apparent.

3 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Refresh button on Prototype view

There should be a button on prototype view window where we can just refresh our prototype instead of closing and playing the prototype again. An example of this exists in Protopie prototype window.

2 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-feature-request  ·  4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Update Adobe Acrobat Pro DC for High Sierra Mac OS

Please update! I keep getting warnings that the software will not work on the next Mac OS release. I need this program to do my job!!!!

2 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Retina format option

Hi Adobe!

Actually we have 2 options to export our assets of a desktop design:
                              The "design" mode or the "web" mode with a x2. The thing is that this both formats have the same size!

The quality is not good and I need a Retina format (a REAL x2 size) to export in better quality.
                              So for a picture 100x120px, I have to export in 200x240px to preserve a good quality. After that, the developers reduce the size by 2 BUT the quality is really better.

Retina format is now a really needed feature to produce high quality websites.

2 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Adobe XD, Please speed up your development process

Software like Principle and Finto are miles ahead of you guys, and personally I would prefer to stick to Adobe, so please catch up!

2 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! We are working on a number of things under wraps that are moving the needle forward! We are also trying to maintain the quality and performance that Adobe XD is known for!

Stay tuned!

Elaine

• Feature request blog post

I have been using XD for over a year now. I recently did a blog post raving about how good it is.

In part 2 I do mention where it could be improved. I noticed that one bug bear has been fixed already and that's the pasting of prototype links. Good stuff!

Give these pages a read:

1. Praise: https://www.reward.cloud/blog/post.php?s=2017-04-24-a-year-with-adobe-xd-am-i-in-love-part-1

2. Feature requests: https://www.reward.cloud/blog/post.php?s=2017-05-01-a-year-with-adobe-xd-am-i-in-love-part-2

2 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Wow! Thanks for the love. I have passed this along to the team! I’m marking this as not a feature request, because I’m sure you’ve already been upvoting you favorite features all along. Thanks again for supporting us!

Elaine

• How to preview adobe xd documents on mobile offline?

Saw the December update. Says you can now preview offline documents on your iOS or Android device.

The question is how?

2 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Keep Simple!!

Here are heaps of feedback & requests for powerfulness... However, I strongly believe that the most remarkable advantage of AdobeXD is its "simplicity", and I really love it. I really hope you keep it simple.

2 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks a ton for your feedback! We’re definitely looking to maintain the simplicity of the product as we grow as an ecosystem. In all of our new features, we hope you’ll see the value of simplicity and clean design in each feature’s design.

I’m closing this as not a feature request, as keeping things simple is a value we intend to pursue and not necessarily a specific request. :)

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Specify units for Font Size

When setting text, an arbitrary number is shown for the size (and all other attributes), with no unit — I am assuming this size is in points, but I can't be sure. While I can just size visually, it would be nice if the units were displayed and could be specified. That way, I can use sizes I know work without guess-and-checking in a life size preview.

2 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Extensive GPU Support

To speed things up big-time!

Most of the users will have a decent graphics card anyway to support a big screen resolution (which is comfortable when designing)

2 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m marking this as not a feature request, as we haven’t yet released Windows yet. That being said, we’re definitely making sure that our Windows app is going to be as performant as it can be, which means using every trick in the book (including leveraging the GPU) to make sure it’s as zippy as possible. Stay tuned!

-Elaine

← Previous 1 3 4
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base