Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Hi, when I use overlay, the green box doesn't snap to anything so it would be great to make it snap, so the placement can be pixel-precise.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Similar to Zoom In Cmd+1=100%, Cmd+2= 200% it would be nice to have Zoom Out, say Cmd+Shift+2 = 50%

Currently the only way to go 50% from keyboard is hit Cmd+- twice.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. How to view this problem, create a large desktop canvas (e.g. 1000px wide), make a smaller overlay (e.g. 500px wide), perfectly position your overlay where you want it to show/be triggered from. Then change the transition type (e.g. from dissolve to slide left). Now I have to reposition my overlay again as it's position has been removed when I changed transition type.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would love to have the ability to splitscreen. Sometimes I want to copy things from other screens that are a long way apart, and scrolling back and forth is annoying and I can't open a second instance of the app.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. If you go to Google Maps:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Adobe+Headquarters/@37.3179093,-121.8738215,14.73z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x808fcca5b2cb83d7:0xe2d0d2f40784e22!8m2!3d37.3307703!4d-121.8940951

Please click the hamburger menu in the upper left. It creates a sliding menu that slides right. At the same time, a blur effect is added to the rest of the page.

I can't do that in Adobe XD where I can have two different types of transitions occurring at once. (Atleast I haven't figured that out yet)

If I create a sliding menu, I can use an overlay but the background is not blurred. Or I can create an entirely NEW artboard with the menu on it and the background blurred, and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Currently we can only measure the distance between the two objects that either don't overlap or are entirely separate. It would be nice to between the top edge of two object that overlap (for example, between object B side E and object A side A, labeled as measurement 1). I would like to be able to select the edge of the object I want to measure from and see the measurement to the selected edge of another object.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like to be able to select multiple artboards but Xd forces you to choose each artboard by Shift + Clicking on each artboard name.

Instead, I would like to be able to Shift + Drag my cursor across multiple artboard names (the name in the top left corner of the artboard) to do a multi artboard selection.

I do not want my selection to target items inside the artboards. I want it to only select the artboards themselves.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I want to select the bit size of image(8bit / 32bit..) in png format in XD.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When you make connections between Screens all of them go through the middle of the screen, they should use, top half to go forward and bottom half to go back. yo you can grab the right arrow to attach to the right place.

I hope this can be a good idea and it work for all.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Idea is an customizable Rating-System for an Prototype to enhance the commenting-feature.

The Designer can Add an Rating-Group like "Usability" or "Design".
    The Reviewer can rate from 0 to 5. For Example.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. I'm doing an app and i'm getting a lot of views. It would be great if we could add an ID to views/elements and write somewhere (a console maybe ?) something like "for each view that contains this ID, add this button" or "change the background color".
    I think it would makes us gain a lot of time.
    It could be a feature for those who know how to code ? Or something simpler that everyone could use without coding.

Thanks for reading !

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. We need the Shutterstock plugin like Photoshop and Illustrator's one

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I was excited to hear that the June 2018 update included Math Calculations which I what I upvoted. I was surprised you said it was completed but I felt like it's not there yet.

So here's my problem that I still ran into many times.

I have a responsive website project with more than 100 artboards. If I change the footer height size by -40px, that means I would have to go to each artboard to manually change the height size of the artboard by -40px as well.

I thought I could select all 100 artboards of different height size…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I'd love it if the gradients operated more like they do in apps like Illustrator where, holding option, one can copy a gradient color from one point to another.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Say that I have a circle, and I want to create a light bulb base. I go into the 'distortion' mode and begin to distort the shape using the points given. I would like the ability to mirror the distortion on both sides or all sides of the shape. In other words, if there 2 distortion points on either side of the object, I would like to be able to distort one point, and the option to mirror that distortion on the other side. This is especially important when distorting shapes with curves.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When I first open Adobe XD, it just give me an option to create new designs, but not to open a file, I know that's for those who are new to the product, but for those who reinstall it we need to create a new file just to open the project we want.

It would be great to have a "Open file" button on that "Welcome" screen

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. It would be very helpful that if you have a data that could be a pattern that the repeat grid would follow this pattern much like spreadsheeting tools do.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When I copy HEX color codes to clipboard in Design Specs, I can get the color code like this:

FF12BF

FFFFFF

But, sometimes I want to get the color code like this:

ff12bf

ffffff

Or like this:

ff12bf

fff

Or like this:

FF12BF

FFF

So, I want to choose HEX color code rules in Design Specs.
    I think that engineers will support XD by responding to various coding rules.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Right now I can't control the images used in my project.. For an example.. I'm building a website and put a image in the background. I needed to change it and I accidentally dragged an image in TIFF format with 85mb. After that I replace that image with the correct one. Now my project has doubled in size and I can not "delete" it from the project... It seems to be still there in the .XD file...

I do not know if this is a cache problem or something like that ..

But I believe that software should have a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow searching of Adobe Stock like in Photoshop and illustrator

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)