Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1042 results found

1. When sharing prototypes people are not able to preview speech playback and voice interactivity unless they have an XD account.

I have been told that this was designed like this for security reasons. Not sure what the security reason is?!

Being able to share voice is a huge reason I started using XD for prototyping.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thanks for your question! Here’s the info from Mark Webster: Yep, we require a login for security reasons. As you noted, you don’t need to be a customer, you can use a free account, but we need to have some sort of authorized user making a request of the voice service.

2. Currently, if you have an animation happening across two artboards that just cycling between each other, it makes it difficult for a reviewer to leave comments. The only way to pause an animation is to click into the area where you can leave a comment. If there are already comments on that slide it can be a carnival game trying to click into that area. See attached gif. It would be nice to have a way for them to pause during review stages.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. If you used Layers to position the overlays, the positioning of elements would be MUCH easier and utilize the same resolution. Currently, the overlays have a difficult time with font resolution. Almost like it is using a low-res jpg/png/gif.

When using the Layer method, the connection would display the layer is the proper position.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Developers often need to know the amount of columns that an element takes in the layout. It would be perfect if instead of making a preview artboard with columns as shapes we could use a toggle that will allow developers to see what we used when we designed a specific layout.

Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I need to change the mask size and the image size separately.
    Like every other Adobe App. Even have separate numeric control would be great. This can be useful even for animation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. In the case of overlay, can use auto-animate

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When using master design components and reusing them in other files, i like the idea of making components local so i don't accidentally push a copy change for one instance to all instances of that component.

However, i miss sketch's functionality where you can easily click a component and change the text in only instance. Makes prototyping go a lot faster.

See the attached gif for how i have to rename them today. Takes several clicks to rename. Even if i go into the layers, if i rename the text it just renames the title of the text not the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. A tool to click at any point in the artboard and measure the distance from that point to another point anywhere else in the same artboard.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would love the ability to be able to select all colours used / unused in the document (just like Illustrator) from the assets panel. Also would be awesome to do the same with character styles & symbols.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Within adobe XD we would like to see a possibility to share with specific bitbucket repository or google drive storage.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be great to insert an extra prototype into an Xd file, similar to an iframe in html. Just like the overlay, but in a persistent manner. Changes could be applied when the external file is re-saved.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. show indicator of hidden text in paragraphs (as in Illustrator)

Please add a way to show if paragraph lines are hidden (same or similar to Illustrator)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I am confused how XD order the artboard while exporting.

I feel we should be able to rearrange the artboard at the time of exporting. XD should export the artboards as per layer order or give options for the user to decide the order.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. would you be able to allow multiple sticky elements on the page?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be great to add multiple instances of the same color to the Color asset library using labels to differentiate each instance. The same color might be used across multiple components and UI elements across the document, sometimes its necessary to only tweak just one instance of the color and not make a global change.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! If you need to make a local change and unlink something from a color from the asset library, select the object and open the color picker in the property inspector on the right hand side. The changes there won’t reflect across your canvas, only on the individual object. Hope that helps!

16. Allow easy downloading of images from the web view. It looks like the app deliberately obfuscates this ability (right click -> download image is not possible in browser).
    Seeing as there is no built in version control or reference ID for version of images, downloading images is necessary to take snapshots of progress.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Could you implement a link called 'Solved', that after clicked it that comment go to a archive list comments. It's because I want to control what I did and what I have as a suggestion (comments).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adobe keeps saying this issue is resolved. It's not. Please allow an Adobe XD creator to share an XD preview without the reviewer (client) having to have an Adobe account or log in. Should be as simple as click the link for a preview. And they should be private. (password optional). Same as Google Drive sharing "Anyone with link can view".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the response. You should be able to create a public prototype that does not require a login (equivalent of “anyone who has the link can view”), AND you can create a password-protected link that does not require a CC account (“anyone who has the link + the password can view”).

If you create a public prototype, it is NOT searchable, but similar to Google’s “anyone with the link can view,” if someone else gets a copy of the URL, they can open it to view. That’s likely why you were told that it was publicly accessible – it’s technically true, and we need to ensure you know that it’s very hard to find due to our long URLs, but not impossible to do so.

Hope that helps!

19. Well... after trying many times XD and giving up frustrated after every try, I’ve reached some thoughts about why its still unusable for my “particular” user experience:

1. I’ve been doing user interface mock-ups with Illustrator for at least a decade, so my skills are focused on be productive with it and import image assets from Photoshop when needed. Then, I haven’t time to face a learn curve on a new design tool. I want to keep using Illustrator.

2. Being an Adobe CC long time user, I’ve grown with a deep understanding of Adobe CC ecosystem. Each program cooperates with each…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. In the sidebar you can toggle between changing a corner radius for all 4 corners at once, or to specifying the 4 values separately.

Additionally, on a rectangle itself, there is a dot in each corner that allows you to change the corner radius.

When in single-value mode, dragging a dot changes all corner radii. I would expect then that when you're in "4 value" mode in the sidebar, that dragging a single dot only affects that corner.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)