Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Allow users to define a base font size and scale ratio to generate a full type system in the typography asset window.

Example:

• I create my body type as 22px Roboto
    • I add the font to my typography asset panel
    • I navigate to the asset panel, right click the font and in the context window and select "Create system from type"
    • The asset panel is propogated by H1, H2, H3, etc. based on the original type
    • At the top of the typography asset section, there is a dropdown with different scale ratios to select
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. we need a plugin that simulates chatboot

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  3. I routinely want to export some assets as SVGs and others as PNGs, still others as JPGs. The current Batch Export shoots out all marked assets in one format, but I'd like to be able to specify "format groups" somehow, so that one Batch Export command would export the marked assets in the specific format I need.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I'm trying to figure out how to enable XD to support Apple Time Machine (versioning) so I can roll back some changes to a prior version of an XD file. Since I don't see a clear way to enable that, and it doesn't appear to be enabled by default, my guess it that it will need to be a feature request.

Automated versioning is built into MacOS, supporting it in XD would be a time saver for users. Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  5. I'd like to be able to select multiple layers and hide or show them with one click.

Currently I have to click on hide/show on each individual layer, wasting unnecessary time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. With autosaving documents in cloud, when I accidentally hit Cmd+Q it closes instantly the XD app and all opened documents without any warning. It is annoying because I have to reopen all previously opened documents.
    Google Chrome has this option that warns you to press Cmd+Q twice to close the Chrome (in case you hit it accidentally, which is not that difficult having W, that closes single document, sitting right next to Q). It also gives you the possibility to reopen all previously opened tabs, this might be useful too.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The explicitness of the artboards is one of the most valuable aspects that drove me into XD.

It is great for design (when you can see and edit things at once) and specially for team collaboration ("How will development see all states?" https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38978644-component-states-to-development-design-specs).

Wouldn't it be great if:
    1 - states were special (explicit) artboards, tied to the original object (like Overlays);
    2 - the single regular Interaction pane could have triggers like "Hover/Mouse in/Mouse out" and actions like "State" (instead of requiring setting up states in the Design of a component before triggering them elsewhere in Prototype);
    3…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to have a way populate text boxes with text and retain formatting/special characters including indents and spacing. I have content in word and would love for a plugin that could populate each text box (maybe by treating each paragraph break as a different box)? I develop technical training and am using XD for storyboarding--this is a huge limitation with content that is technical in nature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please make the interactions on 2nd component, inside 1st component with active interaction - work!. Inception-thing-trying-to-describe-haha

They work for a few minutes, but deactivates later.

It is basicly a button inside a button. Please make it work.

I can go around the issue by adding more new canvas such a "load-in", but this will take up entire artboard - and this is not infinite (..new idea! ;)..)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Maybe, developers can develop a plugin to generating thumbnails. So, it's generating random images from specified resources.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Artboard States:

Assume we have artboard "#1" which will be used as an overlay MODAL. That MODAL can easily be a component with different states such as "success" and "error", but that doesn't go far enough in reducing artboard clutter because you can't access the states via prototype interactions unless they exist in their own artboard.
    I propose Artboard States. This feature would be useful for Prototyping. For Example; if I click an artboard named "A" then the Prototype Interaction panel option for "destination" to Artboard "#1" should also include what state I want to land on. For example "#1…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I absolutely love the new hoverstates features in Xd. Following this I think it would be very handy if Xd introduced more advanced states like touch feedback for when we design and prototype mobile apps. For example as I type this message the letters on my keyboard pop up and out to show what I am pressing. Same thing goes for my calculator, as I press a number it bolds up. These subtle animations/feedback would do wonders when presenting the prototype.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Since your latest update, prototype interactions are copied when in design mode (I copied the whole artboard). When I paste, I have to remove all the interactions. I preferred having the option by only copying interactions when in prototype mode. It is painful for my workflow with XD.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would also be enormously helpful if I could choose a different background colour for my asset library.

we are building a dark mode and all the assets are white - so currently I cannot see what anything is at all

(Moved to another thread: When in Developer handoff - It would be nice to be able to click on a component and see all of the asset it contains in all of its states.)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m repurposing this to be about the background color, as UserVoice works best when you only have one suggestion per ticket. There’s another suggestion about showing component states in design specs, so I’d suggest that you upvote that one! Thanks!

17. Situation:
    I create a component to represent a live video chat head in a group chat app. I will use a static image for the prototype. The chat head will have several states, including hover, selected, muted, etc. I need to create 30 of these. After I built the component with all the states, I created a repeating grid of them so that I can drag my 30 photos into the components.

Problem 1:
    The drag fails to propagate the photos to the other 29 instances in the grid... it only puts one photo into the drag targeted instance

Why…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. My team and I created a shared CC library and I added couple colors on it. I want to be able to reorder the elements so it will be more organized.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  19. When I create my prototype and share, enter the link.
    I can in each element and can display properties.

1 example is CSS properties or Fonts styles.

We are working with Adobe Xd in company software and designers do the link for developers. send to developers and see the properties.

Developers want 1 property. to see the tag HTML to work on the Web. example:

When we click the font "Title" and stay in Bold we can see the tag HTML: <strong> </strong> or B.

Developers and designers UX really need this to help work better.

Another optión is the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please rename the "Dissolve" transition to "Fade". Dissolve is a terrible blending mode in Photoshop and it took me weeks to realize that "dissolve" really just means "fade" in XD. "Fade" would be far more intuitive for users, more accurately describe what the transition is, and set the right expectation prior to clicking.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)