Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. WHY did you remove the availability to open files from my computer from the open menu? Stop trying to force everyone to use the cloud. Were users banging down your door demanding that you split the OPEN FILE functionality into two separate functions depending on whether or not you wanted to open from the cloud or open from your computer!?!?
    So many things you could be fixing or improving so why waste time on something that was never broken.
    Command O has been a learned behavior for decades. Just dumb.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. I have created group folders for my assets in the library file but each time I open I have to choose to view by group as the default is by type. And sharing the lbrary with the team also presents the same issue. Whichever state the library was last saved in should be the default.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Note Mode in Presentation Link

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The Design Tokens feature is a welcome and useful addition.
    However I was surprised, that the colors did appear in a completely random order in the stylesheet. I had intentionally sorted them in my assets panel.

I mean sorting them alphabetically would have been a conclusive choice too, but scrambling them is bad.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Howdy folks!

Would be awesome if we could bind micro interaction on any element inside a component. That would allow us to make more complex interactions for components, like multiple state changes based on different elements and triggers.

Imagine a Sidebar component, that when we tap some button inside, that make the sidebar toggle size. With the option of binding the state change on the child element, the prototype would be more reliable when was time to delivery to the developers, where they would know exactly which element trigger each state change.

Hope that you'all are safe and healthy.

Love…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When adding development notes to an overlay page, the pins are fixed to the page behind the overlay causing the pins to be in the wrong position when you have a scroll-able modal overlay. It would be helpful if the pins could be fixed to the overlay itself so the pins stay in context.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Every time I open XD it opens in the same size window not bothering to remember that I last had the program open across two monitors filling the screens top to bottom, with the preview window open and zoomed into a specific artboard. And, XD never opens a document to the last place I edited it. It's always scrunched up small in the center of the screen.

How about remembering the positions and size of the application windows and the locations within each document I was last editing so I don't need to rearrange my workspace and go searching for…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Our team would benefit from "smart" text objects. Our largest need for this is for a text object to reflect the hex value of a color from the color assets. However, it would also be valuable to have a text object's content reflect a certain date, a series of dates across a repeating group of objects, today's day of week, today's month, etc. This would make our prototypes appear more dynamic for our clients. Currently, we manually type all of this information across multiple artboards and have to update it from time to time as the project moves through design…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be nice to be able to undo changes per artboard.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  10. Make auto counters a thing so that a numbered component/list can automatically change when a certain trigger is applied. Example: When adding items to a shopping cart, the number on the cart icon automatically changes when the button is clicked instead of having to manually create a list of numbers and different states for each one.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show the component states in the Touch Bar when that specific component is selected. It's nice to be able to hit esc to return to the default component but you still need to mouse over and click on the next state you want to edit it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I want to use the embed mode to include the iframe of specs to our workflow toolchain combined with other specs / texts.
    but unfortunately the embed code only works for design and testing.
    why not enable embed including developer tools / specs also?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I am using component states for currency icons (dollar, Euro, etc). I'd love to be able to search for "Euro" even though that instance/state is tied to a master component labeled "Currency".

Breakdown: Type "Euro" into the search field and the Currency icon appears because one of its states is called "Euro". This will let me know the state I am trying to find lives in the Currency icon. Could be very helpful for others I have shared the components with to be able to find the right icon state.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I should be able to select an actual artboard (like in PS) when using the artboard tool. Right now the artboard tool only lets you create artboards with a click. Currently I have to scroll up or zoom out, then click the name of the artboard in order to select it, in order to make modifications. A similar functionality to Illustrator would be helpful (Shift+O to enter artboard edit mode).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. With Envato Elements increasingly gaining in popularity I would love to see the elements available on that platform integrated into the Adobe and Adobe XD offering. I currently use and love Envato Elements, so please make this happen :D

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would love to see a plugin to add Default Audio Clips for Audio Playback feature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Another user has requested this for the mouse/touch down. This would also be beneficial for keys & gamepad triggers.

I am using this software to prototype game interactions. An example of this input being used is a transition to an overlay radial menu for selections to be made. The radial menu would disappear if the key/button is released.

Having this request fulfilled would be welcome.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Similar to Jira Cloud plugin but for Azure.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. You know how sometimes you take pieces off of your artboard and put them 'aside' for later? When you duplicate an artboard those areas that hold design items (like texts, icons, boxes) should be considered occupied so you don't end up duplicating an artboard and have those spare parts now part of it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be nice to have an area that you could have exportable code like html and css. Also allowing you to add in any related custom code for a particular element that you click on in the dev spec.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)