Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1042 results found

1. I'm always in awaiting approval for teh website where we can find new build and acces forum

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →

I believe you’re talking about the prerelease forums. We experienced a hiccup earlier this week, but you should be able to access the prerelease forums now. As a side note, everything in the prerelease is considered NDA, so you should post feature requests and feedback in the prerelease forum instead of on UserVoice.

Thanks,

-Elaine

2. If so please use the one that keeps the recently opened files on the right-hand side. That way you save me the extra work of going to the top nav and accessing a fly out menu to choose my file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. need other languages options

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. On IOS device. I can't using a UI kits on iPhone or iPad when I'm on the way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Games are generating many times more money on iOS/Android then any other type of apps. Why ignore such a huge industry?
    Today we clearly can see shift to midcore/hardcore mobile games like MMO Real Time Strategy.
    This genre means user is forced to operate with a very complex system whith very high cognitive load.
    This games age very heavy on UI. Basically 90% of such games is UI.
    For example our upcoming sci-fi title consists of 162 unique screens with many states.
    We need a tool which will ease the process of prototyping/designing/iterating/approving the screens using our existing UIKit (a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. To link listed textlink labels individually, the designer must deconstruct the work of positioning and spacing of each label. This is very bad design experience and lowers productivity. I recommend providing a feature to break apart each individual label that is spaced more than 1 pixel apart. Or providing a hit spot to place over each label and linking the hit spots, as in Axure.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When presenting a bigger project with many pages, I had trouble to show them the pages when presenting it online. I think the arrows are a great way to go through page 1 until page x. But when the order is random it does not make any sense to use it, so I used the local XD-file with the stage.

I suggest to take the order for the page by using the position of the upper left corner of a page. I am open to any other possibility that gives me the possibility to control the order of the pages.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Can adobe XD provide feature to export XML file?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It’s been three months since we last asked a question about what type of XML you’re looking for, and what information you’re hoping will be in the XML. I’m closing this story, so please re-file the story with that information!

Thanks,

-Elaine

9. I really like the idea of Xd but it needs to be quicker to use.

Can you expand the existing menu so that it contains common website/app elements that can be simply dragged and dropped into our prototypes? You already have this within some of your other programs.

Eg Drag and droppable:

expandable/collapsable menus, form elements, scrolling effects, mouse effects, states, swatches, text options(colour, kerning, header 1, 2 etc), modal windows, buttons, carousel, jumbotron, image effects, lists etc.

Also a link to cc libraries & assets would be great.

I think expanding the menu like this would save a lot…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are a number of great suggestions in this feature, but it’s really hard to aggregate these with other suggestions from other customers. Please do upvote for some of the individual features you’ve suggested:

1. Reusable widgets:
    (For instance)
    Form elements: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13833198
    Button tool: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13571298

2. CC Library support: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12930321

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

10. Hi guys, I love where this software is going and enjoy using it. I think it has great potential for become an industry standard tool but it still needs to catch up on a few things.

Please see link to see what this particular competitor is doing for your inspiration http://principleformac.com/tutorial.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Is there a specific feature from Principle that you’d really like to see in XD? If so, please do file that in the database or upvote a specific feature. We’re listening to you, and we also want to make sure that our feature set matches the needs of our customer base as a whole.

Thanks,

-Elaine

11. Since I am use to working in InDesign it kinda annoys me that I havn't got the same opportunities to shaping my text in different styles (not talking about font) as it it's possible in InDesign. Would be awesome if more of the general features from InDesign were implemented for instant am I at the mount trying to figurer out if it is possible to make some kind of hyperlink. (Beside that really awesome program you guys are making her differently gonna use it in the feature :D )

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! If you’re interested in text styles, we do have specific text style features that we’re tracking separately, so I’d encourage you to search for those specifically (for instance, underline text or superscript) and upvote on those.

Regarding hyperlink, you can use Share to get a link to your shared prototype. https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-design/help/share-designs-and-prototypes.html

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

12. Silver Writing text, any thoughts on that guys? Let me know

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Since it’s been a number of months since we requested more information about this feature, I’m closing this. Please do re-file if you think this is something you’re really interested in, and please provide more information when re-filing the issue.

Thanks,

-Elaine

13. When working wth any item, there is a scale/rotate/selection box around them. However, when zoomed out, and especially on small objects, you end up scaling/rotating, instead of selecting/moving the item.

It would be nice to have the scale/rotate options automatically turn off, when you are "zoomed out X amount." That is, you are probably moving the item around the screen or looking at things, etc, and not trying to scale/rotate that object, especially the small objects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. As in the design of materials Google, if you could play with the depth of the elements in the interface that is designing the final design be achieved much more consistent and scalable. Utilziar could also be a layer system, the best Photoshop style to keep adding layers and replace them quickly to try different concepts without having to create an entirely new view.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As it’s been three months since we’ve requested more information (and we’ve released layers since then), marking this as action required. Please do file this issue again if you think we still need to do this.

Thanks!

-Elaine

15. Bravo pour ce super soft ;) Il ne manque pas grand chose pour qu'il soit top. En particulier 2 choses font cruellement défaut : les grilles de composition ("disposition des repères" dans photoshop) et un outil texte plus riche (mettre la police en capitale, des marges dans les blocs, ...).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there! I think both topics you’ve mentioned here are covered by other feature requests already. Please add your vote to these if they fit:

In the future, please help us keep the feature request list tidy by filing each different feature as a separate suggestion. Thanks!

16. Love the new XD, some ideas below that have come to mind.

• Export mock styleguides for Devs to follow (or not follow). Could be similar to InDesign packaging export

• Built in colour contrast analyser

• Screen reflowing like Edge Reflow, so the designs don’t adhere to device sizes.

• More shape options

• Smart fields auto complete for text etc

• Paragraph styling like InDesign for fast text application (make this global across all art boards)

• Link to a pattern library and Adobe Kular

• Able to annotate and add notes to prototypes

• XD can export good clean CSS/HTML

Cheers

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d like individual suggestions to be fine-grained so others can upvote the specific features they’re interested in, and we can get a better picture of which are most important.

Many of the ideas you’ve mentioned here have already been suggested separately. Please upvote these if they’re relevant to you:

I’m closing this out…

17. Import of transparent PNG or psd layers. Would be great to use these as imports or even linked assets.

Also simple annimations such as slide in etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already import PNG images with transparency (alpha channel) by dragging & dropping the PNG files onto your Adobe XD window, or by choosing File > Import. You can also bring individual Photoshop layers into XD by copying them in Photoshop and pasting in XD. Are you having trouble getting this to work? If so, please let us know the details.

Linking to external objects is not yet possible — if you add an image to your XD project, it will always be embedded in your .xd file. If you’d like to be able to keep image assets separate (linked), please upvote https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12869109-linked-objects

Simple slide-in animations are already possible — for details check out this tutorial: https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-design/how-to/ui-prototyping.html. For more complex animations, please upvote https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12869229-animation-support-microinteractions

I’m closing this feature request since it is a combination of things that should already be possible and things that have already been suggested…

18. I noticed that I like to design big chunks of an app in one file.

Therefor, It'd be helpful if it were possible to select a couple of artboards to preview, instead of previewing the whole app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. ・widthやheightに計算式を入力できるようにしてほしいです。(例:320-16)
    ・テキストボックスをつくれるようにしてほしいです。
    ・Sketchのsymbol機能がほしいです。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. i'm working on an app. we have started to do the android version first.
    at this moment when i share the link and view the prototype on my iPhone and it work well, a bitt heavy ( a few seconds to view it correctly )by you can get the idea.
    on Android same link it is a different story: it shows only on galaxy S6 again upload very very slower then the iPhone but at the end it uploads. same link on Galaxy S4/ meizo note m2 doesnt work at all.
    i think it is very important to be able…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)