Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1042 results found

1. While some of these needs have been posted individually, I am posting a summary of needed functions. These missing functions get in the way every few moments...

• Keyboard shortcut for eyedropper

• Ability to create a symbol, where text can be changed

• Ability to create a symbol that carries multiple states
    To explain, a navigation item that may have 3 states. You drag the symbol to the canvas, then select the state.

• Ability to LINK symbols. So every time the canvas shows a navigation item, you do not have to always relink it. Every new screen requires…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you file one item per suggestion – it allows for others to upvote and helps us aggregate the feedback. All of the requests you have here are already filed, so you can just click on them and upvote:

-Elaine

2. I've been using XD for a while now and have been very satisfied with the beta version, although there are 3 top features that would substantially improve the application:

1. Add the ability to pin certain objects to keep them from scrolling with the entire screen. For example, a navigation bar (header) or tab bar (footer) becomes static and does not scroll with the rest of the elements on the screen.

2. Add a few application preferences, i.e.: default font (would be a huge time saver to not have to change to the desired font every time new text elements are added).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you file each idea separately, so that people can better upvote (and we can better merge). That being said, most of what you’re interested in has already been filed, so you can simply upvote and add your thoughts.

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

3. how about being able to integration-with any text editor with your XD mock-up

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Since we haven’t heard back on the clarification question in three months, I’m going to mark this as action-required. Please do re-file the idea with some suggestions as to why it would be useful. Thanks!

-Elaine

4. I think it's great that the people at Adobe are creating a tool that rivals Sketch, if not succeeds it. However windows users don't have access to that piece of software as it's exclusive to Mac computers. XD is the perfect solution for Windows users who want a prototyping/web design software like Sketch, but don't want to shell out a ton of money for a Mac computer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are actively working on feature alignment between Windows and Mac and are releasing new features on Windows every month. The UserVoice database is best used at a more granular level, so if there are features you want to track, please search for them and upvote them to get more info when we release!

Thanks,

-Elaine

5. Hi Adobe XD Team,

I've been using adobe xd for a couple of days. I'm a UI/UX Designer based in Philippines and this product made me a lot easier to design web projects.

I have few request base to my experience in using this product:
    Saving Status - When i'm saving my current project it so hard to distinguish whether my project has been saved or not.

Prototype Scrolling - i have a design with a custom height for example i used web 1366x768 artboard but my current project is longer than the original height. so when i click desktop…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks so much for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you have individual ideas in each request. Many of these features have been requested already (and scrolling artboards just landed in the February release, which was released last week).

Please upvote the following:

Thanks again for your excitement! We hope to hear from you again soon.

-Elaine

6. Having the Adobe CC Libraries in Adobe XD will be like pulling XD having a direct line in to Illustrator and Photoshop. And Guides every designer loves guides i really really miss guides in XD.

And en extra thing ;-) Photoshop generator in XD to export out all the small bits.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! All three of these suggestions are already in the database, so please upvote:

CC Libraries Support: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12930321
    Guides: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/14160453
    PSD Export: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12928719

For future reference, it’s better to file each idea separately so that we can better merge and aggregate ideas.

-Elaine

7. I think this app should be almost the same as muse but an output as an app' not a webbsite and add scratch like blocks like there are in ai2.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. There is the function that I want.
    1. I want a function to perform data conversion to photoshop and an illustrator.
    When I brush it up by WEB production, it is easy to use it.

1. I distribute a layer and am considered to be it, and I want to be separated by letter data, image data.
      When it uses it as XD, this is because the image data cuts it when divided with data and image data to make a letter in png and is available in WEB.

2. I want a point to list including the comment.
      When it is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

These are great ideas! Unfortunately, it becomes very hard for others to upvote and for us to merge if there are multiple requests in one UserVoice idea. I believe at least one of these ideas are in your suggestion:

Please note that we have just added the pinned comments feature, which I believe is your third suggestion.

Thanks,

-Elaine

9. Hello,
    I understand the scope of this app is to collaborate with the "conceptually challenged" but two days into creating interactive digital signage with Xd and I'm hooked! one problem though... outputting something tangible to run on a touchscreen kiosk or information booth (offline).

I am not a Java/HTML guy. I'm a "dyed in the wool" Video/motion GFX guy so having a tool that will allow me to deliver GUIs without coding creates a great new revenue stream. This tool is very close, just needs a tweak.

While I'm asking...
    Scrolling regions of text. (I saw in another post you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As you mentioned, all of your requests are already in the database. It’s much easier for us to aggregate votes when they’re only on one topic, so I encourage you to file your next requests as individual requests. Please upvote:

Thanks,

-Elaine

10. I'm a web designer. This app is great for me to layout previews to their website without having to code it then make change which is a nightmare. Well done guys, you are changing the game!

I'm wondering if it's possible if you could add animated features over images, which help liven up the design. Features like:

• Parallax Scrolling
    • Zoom over hover
    • Saturation Effect over hover
    • Banner Changes (image rotation over a set timing)
    • Video Background Play
    • GIF support

I hope this helps!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

All of these requests are already in the database, so I encourage you to upvote them! In the future, it’s really helpful if you could file each suggestion separately so that we can merge them more cleanly.

Parallax scrolling: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12942750
    Hover: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12941394
    Microinteractions: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12869229-animate-individual-elements-separately-custom-ani
    Timed transitions: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12942969
    Video and animated GIF support: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12924336

Thanks,

-Elaine

11. It would be nice to be able to present Mobile Design for Developer internal or external team members through Adobe XBut There some less featuers for design
    Please add there More Tools like select ,Crop , Shapes Tools , Add ruler ,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best if you file one idea per suggestion. As it is, the features you’ve suggested are already in the database! Please upvote the following stories:

If you have additional feature requests, please file them one at a time here on UserVoice!

Thanks,

-Elaine

12. I am using Adobe Xd on Windows OS.

I changed Photoshop to Adobe XD and it is very inconvenient because there is no dividing line and ruler function.

I also want to show the size in real time when creating the object.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Currently I'm only able to select colors based on HSL and Hex #.
    • Ability to use RGB color sliders.
    • Ability to see swatches as more than just a thumbnail if needed (ie: Small List, as this would be helpful when you have many color of similar hue).
    • Ability to import/save swatches.
    • Ability to edit a saved color/swatch.
    • Global Swatches (So if I need to edit a specific global swatch, all elements on the canvas will be updated).
    • Adobe Color Themes implementation (ie: Adobe Kuler)

(Currently using Windows Beta Version: 0.6.8.6)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A number of existing stories are encapsulated in this request. Please do upvote the individual stories, as it helps us to prioritize specific features.

Saving color palettes: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/14225049
    RGB: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/14684583
    Global Style/Color Edits: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12869085
    Adobe Color CC integration: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12941622

Thanks!

-Elaine

14. Currently the type editing features in XD are bare-bones. InDesign has possibly the best type editing in any layout program. It would be great if XD can implement and borrow some of InDesign's type editing features:

• Text Frame inset (This can be considered padding)
    • Vertical Alignment within a text frame
    • Superscript & Subscript?
    • Baseline Shift?
    • Underline
    • Ability to turn paragraph text into point text, and vice versa. (This is more like Photoshop)
    • Ability to use more than one color in a text frame
    • Ability to use more than one type size in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Most of these ideas are already in our database, so it would really help if you could upvote those individual features.

Color, type, and styles editing within the text box will come in a future release of XD for Windows, as we’re not quite at parity yet with the Mac client.

Thanks,

-Elaine

15. "Photoshop Live Effects" for objects like inner shadow, gradients, glow,...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We already have a number of effects that have been requested, and it would help us to upvote specific effects to help define which effects are the most useful to you in your design workflow. Here are some of the most common ones, and feel free to file the others:

Thanks,

-Elaine

16. Have any ability to add rectangular tool and info tool like photoshop it's very helpful tools for web design.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Once the prototype is completed, allow the option to be integrated into the final solution or exported into the developers code, same as Visual Studios Blend.

Some options would be nice to have would be python, C++, C#, HTML, etc..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are a number of requests that are blended into this single request. Please upvote (and file stories for individual languages or use cases):

Thanks!

-Elaine

18. I've got over a hundred views on multiple projects. For this issue whenever I segue any elements during prototyping the list name of the views which comes up is not alphabetized. This becomes very cumbersome to find the exact name of the view I need to segue which is a real hassle and as a result wastes a bit of time.
    Also it would be a great time saver to be able to segue the same elements found on multiple views. For example if I want to segue an add button to a particular view and this elements appears on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We prefer that the inputs to UserVoice be granular so that people can upvote specific issues. I see three requests in this idea, two of which are already submitted. Please do upvote these:

The third one seems to be a bug, as our arrange feature should work when prompted. Please note that there may be objects that were drawn or placed in the middle of your Z-order. You might want to open the layers panel (Cmd-Y) and see if your object is actually moving up and down when you use the keyboard shortcut methods.

Thanks again for your feedback!

-Elaine

19. First of all, I would really like to have the layers panel. It's actually good since most designers are used to it.

Secondly, I would really like to have a layout option to create gutter space and column layout which really helps in web design.

Otherwise, it looks pretty cool, really love the simplicity of it :)

Cheers,
    Vishnu

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Repeat Grids are amazing.

However, I've found multiple occasions where I want to change a style in one element of a group but don't want this to effect all of my repeated groups.

It may be that this element I want to change is a link for one particular group but it shouldn't be a link in another. So far, I've did a bit of a workaround by copying the element from the group, clicking out of the repeated grid and then pasting in place and changing the style to the element which now sits on top of the repeat…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)