Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1042 results found

1. Hello, I am a designer and really like working with Adobe XD.

I hope that in the future, there will be the option to add/change states to the icons - ex. to create buttons that change color/size when the mouse hovers over/rolls over before clicking and going to another screen. It wouyld also be helpful an option where the image can be edited in Photoshop/Illustrator, saved and updated in XD, like Smart-objects work between Photoshop and Illustrator.

Finally, to have a section dedicated to the creation of Personas and Users Journeys would be a great adds-on, since many prototyping software…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you enter a single idea per submission. The good news is, all of your suggestions are already in the database and ready for your upvote!

Elaine

2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I really want to use XD, but I want it to act and perform like a layout program (InDesign). Layers, guides, text frame options, image frames etc. It needs ALL the basic functionality of InDesign. I keep wanting to go back to InDesign to lay-out/design concepts b/c basic things like guides and layers don't exist.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We have a lot of other InDesign fans as well, and they’ve already seeded our database with suggestions that are based on their favorite features. I’d suggest that you search in the XD UserVoice and upvote your favorite features!

By the way, we do have a layers panel that you can play with. Hit Cmd+Y to launch the contextual layers panel and check it out!

-Elaine

4. Currently, the only way to get a prototype on a device is to have the file located in a creative cloud folder... which total bonk.

I dont WANT to use that service, I have 2 other cloud storage services already, and i hate both of them. I want to be able to store files locally on the device and be able to delete them. I also want to be able to sync (upload/refresh) a file from anywhere on my machine, which means I need to map to it from the app.

Rather than change or duplicate my current workflow to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. artboard switch shortcut key

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I am offering a 'self-help' teaching for the voice. Client needs feedback on progress.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I love how easy the new Assets panel is, and the following features could make it even better:

1- Double click an asset, such as a color or font, to edit it.
    2- Drag assets to sort them.
    3- Selecting an item from an dartboard highlights its color and/or font.
    4- For the tooltips to appear instantly when hovering over an asset in the asset window. For example, when hovering over a color to instantly display its hex code. I currently have to hover over an asset and wait for the tooltip to appear so I can see if it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please provide an option to move layers inside the mask group.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hi XD Team,

I like the XD app for my mac it's so intuitive.

I'ld like to see and use few stuffs out from my head.

Here is my quick description.

• Fixing one section for e.g., stick the top bar or bottom bar of mobile UI --> scroll the screen to - n - fro.
    • Grouping few section like previous point ^
    • pop up screens - OS specific
    • sliding windows
    • adding some music loops with editing options (LoL) exporting as presentation.
    • remote connections as in PS - previewing with out connecting through cable

I wish these will complete my design…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I want to link text objects within a single board, or across multiple boards, so that when I change text in one object all linked text objects update to the new text.

A simple use case:
    Update button label "Submit" on all buttons and across all boards to "Save".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Text rendering is very poor at anything other than 100% view.

Fitting to screen produces scratchy text lines — much poorer than the way InDesign would handle such a thing.
    Please improve this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I use the Windows version so idk how far the Mac version is in this, but where is "Settings"?! I'm used to customizing software I use so it perfectly match my needs. Here I can't even change keybindings, color theme, defaults, etc..
    I think this is really important feature - every software should have settings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hi Guys
    I think should be great if when I made a symbol, I can change some properties without change the root symbol, the capacity to choose between create a new symbol or a sub symbol (the sub symbol take the properties no affected in the edition) with this property we can change general properties and affect the children.

thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Text with list feature, and able to change the bullet style
    • Allows tabs key in the text
    • Lines spacing should just be priority, e.g beside font size, location is not intuitive enough
    • Able to set global font colour and style, Eg. H1, H2, body
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Just in general, UserVoice is best when you file an individual idea instead of a group of ideas. Most of the ideas you’ve submitted are already in our database. Please upvote for them!

Elaine

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Rulers and guides are very necessary in this program. Please make sure that elementary things to be added. thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. While prototyping more virtual options would have worked great. But again this is very good platform for learners or beginers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for trying out XD! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you make specific feature requests. In the meantime, our common suggestions are available for you to upvote within the system. Please do take a look at existing suggestions and upvote to let us know you’re interested!

Elaine

19. So, I have been using XD since the start of this app and I really enjoy it, but as I was previously using Sketch app and when I shifted to XD. I usually get stuck in doing many things. Below is the list of features that XD should add:

1. Text Gradients
      Adding text gradients is very necessary as sometime we want to give a 3D look to our text using gradients and it is very difficult to do it in XD. I think it would be good to have a same dropdown as for shapes.

2. Multiple Fills
      That is another…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks a ton for your feedback! We really appreciate the thoughtfulness you’ve put into this post. UserVoice works best if you split your ideas up (for merging and upvoting), so we’d appreciate it if you could upvote existing stories or file new ones.

As it is, a number of your suggestions already exist in the database. For instance:

Thanks!

-Elaine