Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show overflow text indication

show indicator of hidden text in paragraphs (as in Illustrator)

Please add a way to show if paragraph lines are hidden (same or similar to Illustrator)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Use multiple instances of the same swatches

It would be great to add multiple instances of the same color to the Color asset library using labels to differentiate each instance. The same color might be used across multiple components and UI elements across the document, sometimes its necessary to only tweak just one instance of the color and not make a global change.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! If you need to make a local change and unlink something from a color from the asset library, select the object and open the color picker in the property inspector on the right hand side. The changes there won’t reflect across your canvas, only on the individual object. Hope that helps!

4. Comment archive

Could you implement a link called 'Solved', that after clicked it that comment go to a archive list comments. It's because I want to control what I did and what I have as a suggestion (comments).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Guest Log-In (no log-in) for reviewers only

Adobe keeps saying this issue is resolved. It's not. Please allow an Adobe XD creator to share an XD preview without the reviewer (client) having to have an Adobe account or log in. Should be as simple as click the link for a preview. And they should be private. (password optional). Same as Google Drive sharing "Anyone with link can view".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the response. You should be able to create a public prototype that does not require a login (equivalent of “anyone who has the link can view”), AND you can create a password-protected link that does not require a CC account (“anyone who has the link + the password can view”).

If you create a public prototype, it is NOT searchable, but similar to Google’s “anyone with the link can view,” if someone else gets a copy of the URL, they can open it to view. That’s likely why you were told that it was publicly accessible – it’s technically true, and we need to ensure you know that it’s very hard to find due to our long URLs, but not impossible to do so.

Hope that helps!

6. Simply make XD full Adobe CC ecosystem friendly...

Well... after trying many times XD and giving up frustrated after every try, I’ve reached some thoughts about why its still unusable for my “particular” user experience:

1. I’ve been doing user interface mock-ups with Illustrator for at least a decade, so my skills are focused on be productive with it and import image assets from Photoshop when needed. Then, I haven’t time to face a learn curve on a new design tool. I want to keep using Illustrator.

2. Being an Adobe CC long time user, I’ve grown with a deep understanding of Adobe CC ecosystem. Each program cooperates…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Animation Order Number

Allow user to tag or put animation order on symbols or text to determine which animation comes first and which comes last.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add Components to the Assets panel.

Beyond Symbols, there is a need to have reusable Components. Where Symbols are a reusable group of elements, a Component is a reusable group of mini artboards that could be placed into a larger layout.

Having Components:

1) Opens up the possibility of showing on-page interactions without having to duplicate entire artboards of content.

The dream is to have each element only once in an entire project because making a single edit when you have duplicate content is a nightmare. A use case example would be needing to show all the states of a small newsfeed widget with tabs for…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks a ton for your feedback! This is in line with what we want to do. All three of these behaviors are actually already captured in UserVoice and are waiting for your upvote!

9. Required Layer effects like inner shadow, Bevel emboss, glow, mode change like overlay etc, image desaturation, brushes, Rulerin Adobe XD

Required Layer effects like inner shadow, Bevel emboss, glow, mode changes like overlay, luminosity etc, image desaturation, brushes, Ruler missiong in Adobe XD

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Non stoppable animation

Make non stoppable animation to animate new items for example to catch user attention

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ruler and Guidelines.

1. Ruler and Guidelines.
    2. To have the same position in all pages we create.
    3. Please check Adobe Photoshop

and please make this update as soon as possible
    Date - 1 Oct

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I want to add api docmentation in design spec web page

Want have extention or plugins for api documentation or want you guys add simple markdown doc write in comment function.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Same size

Same sizing of elements

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Eyedropper

Eyedropper tool for colors, forms, font… to apply the same parameter from an existing object.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Is XD going to keep getting keyboard shortcuts to speed up workflow?

Is XD going to keep getting keyboard shortcuts to increase efficiency when designing? I have photoshop shortcuts memorized so I'm much faster in Photoshop than I am in XD because most things have to be done with the mouse right now. It would be nice to have a keyboard shortcut to open the window to change colors of objects and text, keyboard shortcuts like photoshop has to change leading and kerning for text, etc. Anything that can be done to minimize having to go to the right sidebar every time for changes. I didn't see any way to scrub through…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion! We’re looking at keyboard shortcuts where they make sense. You can already use the same leading and kerning shortcuts from Photoshop. If you have specific keyboard shortcuts you’d like to see, please do file them as separate tickets so that we can better combine them with similar suggestions!

16. Change color of clearly defined imported vector shapes.

With some practice one can create navigation icons in XD, but it takes practice and a good amount of time if you want anything slightly better than a wire-frame level. I would love to see the ability to change the color of imported vector shapes. In other words, if import some vector mobile icons (simple shapes), I'd love the ability to change their color all at once.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow guest commenters to be notified when I reply to their comment.

If my client leaves a comment on my prototype, I would like them to receive an email when I reply. Right now, they have to always go back to the link and go through each page to see if I've left a message, or I need to email them to let them know I've responded. It would be much easier if they got the same type of email I do as owner, where I'm notified when a comment is left on my prototype.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Things In Which XD Is lacking.

I am using Adobe XD from Last two weeks and I found that some basic features are missing in this tool even these features are available in Photoshop and AI(previous design tools of Adobe). So, I would like to mention some of them.

1. No way to export CSS attributes from Design specs, It is too painful for a developer to develop UI without it, Please add this feature ASAP.

2. Can't save whole UI Screens as PDF.

3. Blending Options are missing.

4. Can't add border radius on editable paths.

5. Basic shapes are missing(hexagons/octagons or stars only rectangle…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you submit one suggestion per ticket, as it helps us to be able to merge things in with other similar suggestions. Thankfully, most of your suggestions are already in the database. For instance:

Thanks!

19. artboard transfer

Move artboards from one XD project to another and/or export artboard in XD file format

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base