Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Prezi design style

Can we have a prezi style of design where we can focus on each wireframe individually from the entire flow, this is separate from the prototype... it simetimes usefule to explain the total screens designed and individually zooming into them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Show/Hide links on prototype mode, only selected art-boards to see the links

(i.e if the user wants to explore the links only on selected artboard)

This could be very helpful when I have more than 40-100 artboard at the same time, and on prototype mode would be more easy to identify which artboards are connected to which?

Thanks

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Put in code typing feature.

If you inserted a code editor for java into adobe xd that would be great! If you can't do java, do a different language. Make sure to specify which language it is.
        I, and everyone else would use XD more if you did this!
        Wating for an update!

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • getting started

need to see have to use the program from start as nothing i do seems to be working i need the basic basic like how to open

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • setting height for header & footer

maybe I'm missing something and it is implemented, but I'd really like to set a height for the header and footer on mobile.

setting a height for the display seems irrelevant.

hopefully this will be added soon, I still have to use Marvel for my prototypes right now.

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Can't copy group of object from AI to XD

I'm using newest version of XD, and have problem that can't copy group of object from AI to XD, it still work if I copy each single object, the prev version don't have this problem, thank you!

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Export artboard as high quality image(s)

This was previously suggested but it seemed like it needed to be reposted (if not, feel free to delete this request).

Outside of maybe SVG for obviously (?) reasons, the exported file looks pixelated. The exports do not look presentable--I've been better off with screenshots but screenshots are screenshots. I would love if this request gets a second look.

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Dynamic content hosted outside of XD

It would be awesome if we could ensure design files and copy docs were in sync as copy changes are made. What if there was a google sheet that could serve as the copy source of truth and any changes were synchronized. Or you could make copy changes in XD as you lay things out and synch those changes with a copy file of some kind. https://www.contentsync.io/ and https://kopie.io/ are two tools that are thinking about this problem in different ways. Maybe there is room in XD for something like this?

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Windows创建的XD文件,Mac打不开

需要和没有Mac的小伙伴配合工作,但是window做的XD文件,发送给我用Mac却打不开,提示需要更新,但是已经检查是最新版本

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

您应该能够在Mac和Windows之间打开文件。 你能检查两台机器上的应用程序的版本号并确保它们是相同的吗?

此消息已被机器翻译。

You should be able to open files between Mac and Windows. Can you check the version numbers of the application on both machines and ensure they are the same?

• Persistent UI to note assets for export in design specs and live file

Would love to see a visual indicator in the design specs which artboards have assets and in the live file the layers, artboards, assets or some addition UI palette should make it easier to find and manage assets marked for export. Having control over the export options as well would be great. Or potentially having a "placeholder" version that is marked obviously but as the designer I could go back and manually save assets later for the dev. In this way I get full control but do not block them moving forward.

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • vector edit complitiblity like adobe fireworks

Please give vector edit capacities like adobe fireworks. User has more power to edit vector. You can do all icon or vector related things only on XD. No required for illustrator for small vector and icons.

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow Cmd/Ctrl + D keyboard shortcut to duplicate selected object

Identical to the functionality of Adobe Illustrator (i.e. learned behavior,) allow users to select an object and use the keyboard shortcut Cmd/Ctrl + D to duplicate that object after initial copy & paste (or Alt + Drag.)

Your Repeat Grid functionality is handy if I already know the exact dimensions & gutters I need, but when I don't have that info it's actually faster and more efficient to use Cmd/Ctrl + D to duplicate.

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Put the prototype as an app on the mobile screen

Save the prototype cell phone screen as if it were really an app and share it with anyone you want. Marvel has this option.

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • XP-Pen Artist 12 pen display monitor for vector drawing

Hello,Grateful for some help.

I am using the latest, updated version of Photoshop under W10 Pro 64bit and my XP-Pen equipment is an DECO 01 tablet with grip and passive pens.I buy it from their offical site.

I am using the latest Nvidia and Wacom drivers, and W10, are up to date. I have 32Gb ram and a Core i3-8100 cpu.

but I was never able to get rid of that eye-hand coordination issue and I would end up frustrated whenever I would draw on my computer.I would never draw as good as on paper. so i want a tablet…

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Repeat Grid Problem

There is a major flaw in repeat grid. Once a complex element is repeated with this feature, I can no longer add layers to various elements. This often makes it impossible for me to modify this element without ungrouping, deleting the repeated items, making the changes and then re-doing the repeat. This is annoying and really complicates my work flow.

There needs to be someway to allow me to make any changes I need to within a repeat grid including adding additional layers or bringing other layers in.

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Multiple asset linking, replace with symbol + pixels

I'm doing my best to move from Sketch to XD.

There are however some game changers holding me back at the moment.

1. Replace with symbol - the ability to click on any item and many items all at once and to be able replace it/them with a symbol all at the same time. It's important to note that this symbol should maintain any prototype links it has been assigned.

2. Multiple asset linking (Prototyping). In prototype mode, the ability to click on multiple items/assets across all artboards all at the same time and to select their target artboard/page/link once…

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-needs-more-info  ·  0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Could we have versions and comments aligned to versions?

At the moment I realise a prototype, everyone comments on it and if I update the prototype the comments are lost.

I think it would be really cool if comments were maintained if i republish a prototype.
                                    Maybe the comments could be labelled with a page release version number or date so i can hid them - but I don't want to lose the comments, i want the person who left the comment to be able to marked the problem they highlighted as solved.

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Horizontal-only-scale drag handle on short elements like text fields

This small but frustrating issue has been such a common recurring problem for me. See attached. I know if I made the field much taller, the horizonal drag/scale handle would appear, but text fields are always short, I'm always tweaking the length, and it seems like there's room to fit the handle. Why not have it?

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can zoom in a little bit to get the middle handle to show up. Basically, we end up in a situation where the circles overlap, and you can’t easily figure which handle you’re pulling. Let us know if this addresses your issue!

-Elaine

1 2 4 Next →
                                      • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base