Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Allow users to add a gradient to a shape instead of just fills.

When importing a shape with a gradient from illustrator it currently makes the shape invisible…

393 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. The best animation tool... gotta communicate with AE like PS

385 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

I’m happy to announce that with version 13 you can export your designs from XD to After Effects. Layers, artboards, symbols, groups and artwork are transferred as editable and with great visual fidelity.

Here’s how it works:
    1. In XD, select the layers or artboards you want to animate in After Effects.
    2. Go to: File> Export > After Effects. If After Effects is not installed on your machine, this option is greyed out. You can also use the ⌥⌘F (Mac), or Ctrl+Alt+F (Windows) keyboard shortcuts.
    3. The selected layers or artboards are added as native shapes, texts, assets, and nested compositions in your AE project.

Here’s the list with what’s supported and not supported at this time: https://helpx.adobe.com/ro/xd/kb/open-after-effects-files-in-xd.html

Thanks for voting this feature and let us know how it works!

Best,
    Dan Tuhoarca

3. Manually drag-n-drop to sort assets in the Assets window

Problem:
    Assets in the Asset window are not always sorted per expectation.
    Example-1: If during a project I create a tint of a certain color, I may want to place that swatch next to its parent color.
    Example-2: I need to sort my color assets in accordance with our style-guide and have the primary prior to my secondary colors.

Solution:
    Be able to drag-n-drop assets in the Asset window to sort them manually.

380 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. If I started prototyping and publish design specs without the prototype linking all the screens the design spec shows only the screens that are linked in the prototype. The specs link doesn't get updated even if I remove all the links.

370 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. First of all: I LOVE XD! Thanks for this great software!

My issue is, that sharing the prototype on the web is nice, but our customers request to see the prototype on their mobile devices - but not with the online link, because they can't see the complete screen without scrolling and that looks not like an app more than a webpage.

Now the only possibility is to download the xd app, login or register and connect the mobile device with the computer, where the file is open. How can our customer see and test the prototype in the same…

365 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

With the new release of XD, we have made few improvements in the viewing and navigation elements on mobile browsers. Now, you can scroll up to dismiss the browser chromes on mobile browsers. You can also pinch to minimize the artboard and access the navigation controls.
    Please try out the enhancements and share your feedback with us.

Best Regards
    Rizurekh Saha

6. So I started playing with Symbols Override for the June Update, but I feel this feature is still a little limited to what we can do.

Like I want to create a master nav bar with active and default states. But the override doesn't allow me to have that flexibility.

Same thing applies to a tab bar for iOS apps.

Right now I feels this Symbols Override feature only works for Buttons when you want to keep the same button styling but have different text. Or maybe cards with bitmap images, but not in a repeated grid list view format.

350 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 349 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With the launch of the Padding feature in XD 26, you can add padding to a group. This controls the background of the group, or if it has no background it adds safe-space to the object.

That safe-space translates over as a hotspot in prototype mode, enabling you to interact with areas that are larger than the visible shape.

Learn more about the new padding feature here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/set-fixed-padding-for-components-groups.html

8. it's pretty self-explanatory.. you can give feedback by commenting and making annotations on the prototype, if someone posts something you get an email with a summarium of all the feedback or you get notified via creative cloud.. there could be settings where you want to be notified and if instantly or like 1 hour later!

this is valuable to me because it makes the communication easier, which otherwise would lead to tons of emails going back and forth.

338 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With our November release, you can now add comments to shared prototypes! Comments are contextual to the artboard. Please check it out and let us know what you think. Feature improvements should be suggested as new ideas in UserVoice.

Thanks!

-Elaine

9. I really miss the (l) colorpipette/colorpicker shortcut. Because I now have too much (mouse/pen)movement to the right panel, in stead of doing all with shortcuts... This and more shortcuts from photoshop/illustrator like (z) for zoom.

332 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Spell check please! Much needed for someone who sometimes glances over simple spelling errors

325 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now use spell check in the September release of XD! If you can’t see the update, select … from the Creative Cloud desktop application and select “Check for App Updates.” If you have additional suggestions for this feature, please file a separate request!

11. It will be great to add an export option from Adobe XD to flutter

322 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Just like in Illustrator, it should be possible to add colors, styles, symbols, ... to a new or existing CC library.

At this moment, the CC library is of not much use when you're creating a brand new project in a team of XD designers.

Thanks!

Best regards,
    Guy

317 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the latest release of Adobe XD, you can now write colors, character styles, and objects to CC Libraries. Check it out and let us know what you think! Please feel free to file individual tickets for additional features you’d like to see in this area.

13. 307 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now access a fully featured top menu for Windows 10 in today’s release of XD! If you don’t see the update immediately, go to the Creative Cloud Desktop app, select the Update tab, the …, and “Check for updates.”

14. When you open a document and it says a font is missing, but tracking down that missing font can be a nightmare.

Often this can occur when moving from one system to another (home to work for example), so doing a find and replace would be very helpful, but just finding the "issue" would be invaluable, because sometimes a type box may not be readily visible to even find it to correct.

298 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve improved this in the March release! If you don’t see an update, select the … icon in the Creative Cloud desktop app and select “Check for App Updates.” If you have further feedback on this feature, please feel free to file a new ticket!

15. The ability to select my sizes for export would be nice. At times I work on apps (as strange as it may sound) that do not require all resolutions of artwork (1x, 2x, 3x) An option to select my would be great. Similar to how Sketch handles it.

287 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 284 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now change the position of the border along the stroke for closed paths in the December release of Adobe XD! Check it out, and let us know what you think. If you’d like to see additional improvements to this feature, please feel free to file it as a separate ticket.

-Elaine

17. To be able to use XD as a useful tool for content architecting/wireframing (before design, before prototype) - a library of generic common web and mobile web elements would be very useful (in an easily accessible panel - NOT by copying and pasting from a template file).

For example:
    - Image/Logo (resizable) placeholder
    - Horizontal and Vertical Nav placeholder
    - Icon library (like hamburger, search, map point, etc)
    - Text block (resizable) placeholder
    - Scrollbar (horizontal, vertical) placeholder

etc

Think Balsamiq, or OmniGraffle wireframe tools for example.

281 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback on this! With the introduction of plugins, we now have a wide variety of plugins that will meet this need. You might want to try out the Quick Mockup plugin, which was just released. Check it out, and feel free to file a new ticket if you’re looking for more!

18. 281 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. In V1, it's clear that support for AI and PS files will be minimal. But please support SVG files. As of now, SVG files don't even appear and if they do, only parts of them are seen.

With SVG support, I can export all my AI artwork to SVG and import that into XD without losing any styles. This will be a great temporary fix while you work on supporting AI files. Please make this happen for V1.

281 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Would love to have the ability to adjust the spacing before or after a paragraph as InDesign and Photoshop. Right now I can change the line height, but there needs to be another setting to adjust spacing between paragraph blocks.

280 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)