Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Repeat grid feature counterintuitive.

Most of the time I find myself trying to replace only one picture but all pictures on the grid get replaced. I know it's a use case but please give be a modifier while replacing the picture because I need to build my own order one by one and this is not possible. In order to do this I need to ungroup the grid and then all the magic is gone.

And it's completely inconsistent: I can replace a single text on a box by typing but can't do it with another element of the same group (picture)

3 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Mac/Windows Font Structure Issue

Some fonts have issues between Mac and Windows environments most notably at the moment the Intro typeface. It works fine in all other Adobe software but in XD if a person sets up a file on a Mac and then a Windows user tries to open the file the fonts are all missing despite the exact same font files being installed on both computers. Mac and Windows in XD seem to group font families differently so Intro Black Caps on Mac is Font-Family: Intro, Font-weight: black caps. But on Windows it's Font-Family Intro Caps, Font-weight: Black. Causing the files to…

3 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Minimize text box and add "read more"

I'm looking for a easy way to create a expandable text box with the click of a button (e.g read more)

This is often seen in app stores and in news articles that that are behind a pay wall.
        With the text box minimized you should be able the see the content below (screenshots etc) but when you expand the content should be moved further down. Maybe this is already possible but I can't find the feature either in the software or in a tutorial. Of course I can build this my own with animations, but shouldn't there be a…

2 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. Right now, the way to do this is using auto-animate, which will enable you to move other objects out of the way. I’m guessing you’re looking for a tool that will enable you to automatically reflow the rest of your page when you expand a section, is that right?

• Allow downloading images from web viewer

Allow easy downloading of images from the web view. It looks like the app deliberately obfuscates this ability (right click -> download image is not possible in browser).
          Seeing as there is no built in version control or reference ID for version of images, downloading images is necessary to take snapshots of progress.

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • all assets

It's possible to see all assets in all artboards in one click

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Guest Log-In (no log-in) for reviewers only

Adobe keeps saying this issue is resolved. It's not. Please allow an Adobe XD creator to share an XD preview without the reviewer (client) having to have an Adobe account or log in. Should be as simple as click the link for a preview. And they should be private. (password optional). Same as Google Drive sharing "Anyone with link can view".

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for contacting us! When you click on Share > “Share for Review,” you should be able to see a screen that publishes a public view that does not require a login to view. (You should see four checkmarks: Allow Comments, Open in Full Screen, Show Hotspot, Hints, and Require Password.) Your clients can sign in as a guest to comment – no password required, just a CAPTCHA.

If you create a private link, your users will need an Adobe ID to sign in.

That being said, there’s also a chance that if you’re in a managed enterprise, your admin could have turned this option off and required you to use invitations instead of creating public links. Is there a possibility that might have happened?

• Transfer ownership of published "design specs with comments"

We have an agency that is using Adobe XD just for our project. They will not renew their Adobe CC license after this project. The ongoing project has its design specs published and contain rich amount of comments and conversations.

We would require this information to be transferred to us after the agency has completed the project and exited. This is important from a retrospective and legal standpoint.

However Adobe XD does not have this feature yet. We also need a way for internal designers who are leaving the company to transfer the published specs and prototypes to someone else…

2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Simply make XD full Adobe CC ecosystem friendly...

Well... after trying many times XD and giving up frustrated after every try, I’ve reached some thoughts about why its still unusable for my “particular” user experience:

1. I’ve been doing user interface mock-ups with Illustrator for at least a decade, so my skills are focused on be productive with it and import image assets from Photoshop when needed. Then, I haven’t time to face a learn curve on a new design tool. I want to keep using Illustrator.

2. Being an Adobe CC long time user, I’ve grown with a deep understanding of Adobe CC ecosystem. Each program cooperates…

2 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback.

1) Our intent is for you to be able to still use Illustrator. We can now open Illustrator files, so you can design in Illustrator, bring your designs over to XD, and then add in motion using our Prototype mode.

2) You can use Creative Cloud Libraries to update your linked assets across documents. If auto update images is something you’re interested in, there is a feature request in this database you can upvote. https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12869109

3) It sounds like you’re interested in dark mode, there’s a feature request for that as well. Over time, you’ll see both Illustrator and XD moving to a more universal design system. Hopefully that will help! https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12940362

Please let us know if you have specific requests beyond those two above.

• Round to Whole Pixel

Not sure if I can explain this fully, but here goes. Number adjustments that are not in whole digit pixels, 205.4. When I click down or up should go to 205 or 206 respectively. Not 204.4 206.4. Maybe not necessarily a by default option, but something we can turn on. Occasionally when resizing a group of object, pixel perfect isn't well perfect. In this instance, it would be nice to fix with a quick up or down.

2 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We optimized for visual fidelity over pixel snapping when it comes to things like rotation and resizing groups. Doing these two things will generally knock things off pixel. For these individual elements, you can bring them back on pixel by selecting the object and then using Object > Align to Pixel.

Is this the functionality you’re looking for?

• Shape builder

It would be great if XD had a shape builder like Illustrator to more easily build more complex shapes. This would allow me to stay within just one application instead of having to use multiple applications. The standard boolean operators just don't cut it.

2 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Non stoppable animation

Make non stoppable animation to animate new items for example to catch user attention

2 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Support for Invision Inspect Mode

I would like to be able to export files from XD to Invision use Invision's 'Inspect Mode' to view object attributes, css snippets etc, which would aid in front-end development immensely. Thanks.

2 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • I want to add api docmentation in design spec web page

Want have extention or plugins for api documentation or want you guys add simple markdown doc write in comment function.

2 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Same size

Same sizing of elements

2 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Baseline shift

I sometimes need to adjust the position of the trademark or register trademark icons in my screens, after changing the size, but I cannot because there is no baseline shift.

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Save Prototype to desktop for review

Ok, I have a file that has been lost but I have published on Behance and I have a Published link. It would Great If I could (Save or Download) from Published.
                                  Or If a client wanted to send feedback but they also wanted to Save and Print a copy they could also Download the file from here too maybe as a PDF or a Folder of images

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! If I understand this request correctly, you’re actually asking TWO things = 1. to download the original design file from the shared prototype, and 2. to be able to enable customers to download a copy of the shared prototype to their machines. Is that correct?

• File: Open File dialog - Recent files with long filenames get truncated

Problem: When selecting File: Open, the dialog box shows my recent documents with trucated filenames making it difficult to see the differences between two versions of the same document.

Suggested feature: It would be helpful if the ”Recent” view of the ”Open” dialog box could display the full filenames.

Background: I work with a lot of different iterations of the same document so the image preview might be the same or very similar, with long filenames as the only differentiator.

Thanks for a great product!

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • 1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Nudging with option

Make it possible to move an object with the arrow keys when option/alt is pressed. Right now you have to release the key in order to move it but then you don't always see the pixel distances.

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• How about Creating various Social Media Static & Animated content?

It will be awesome if you can consider XD for creating Artwork for Instagram Stories, Posts, FB, etc

No tool is solving this beautifully, request you to consider this option.

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This might be a dumb question, but have you tried using Adobe Spark Post for this? I’d love to hear why you’re interested in using XD for this over something that was created specifically for this purpose.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base