Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show changes as a notification and not as a blocking modal

The prompt message that shows upon any changes made by the invitees, would be even more helpful if it can be accessed manually at any point of time (or atleast stays there all the time just like "missing fonts" message), which would actually keep us posted on the "changes" status and never miss out them. Also, adding to it, just like someone said in the discussion already - to opt in/out for auto "accept changes".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Wacom Tablet Support for Prototype Link Navigation Scroll

Wacom Tablet scroll support needed for live prototypes. Our team use XD and love the application, we use Wacom tablets for all of our design work and have to dig out and dust off the old Mouse when viewing prototypes - which is a bit of a pain and I am sure we are not the only design studio to share this pain!!

Support for tablet scrolling would be very beneficial.

Thanks and keep up the amazing work

Regards

Michael

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support fractional values in the grid layout

we are working on 1200px width: 12 columns, 30px margin and 72.5 column width but cant work with xd cause of decimal value problem. It is not prossible to enter 72.5 at column width.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While I understand the need for precision, creating grids that snap off-pixel actually makes designing for screens less accurate, as it often forces elements to anti-alias, leading to less crisp artwork when you output. Are you absolutely sure you need columns that are off-pixel? If so, can you explain why?

4. Adjust error message when exporting to a file open in another app

I needed to overwrite a file when exporting it. However, I spent approximately 20 minutes trying to figure out why I kept getting the error "There was a problem exporting your asset. We'd love to understand what went wrong so that we can fix this for you. Please tell us about the problem here."

I finally realized that this was because I was overwriting an opened file (I was viewing it in Adobe reader). As a software engineer to a team of software engineers, I highly recommend making the errors much more specific to the issue.

if File.isOpen()
    sendError("Please close…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Voice person: Amy, Joanna, etc

Hello, I notied that my voices in XD changed. I had a list of 3 including amy. it went to about 7, no more Amy, no others like Joanna. The problem is that now my prototype has different voices and unless i rebuild from scratch i can't change Amy to Joanna or vice versa. Anybody come across this? any solves?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The list of available voices are dependent on your system locale, as some of them have regional accents. To go back to your original set, you can change your region from “United States” to “Great Britain” in your Windows settings, then restart XD. You should see your original set of 3 at that point. Hope that helps!

6. Plugin to replace Artboard font

The idea is to give designers the ability to change entire Font family on a dashboard to a different font while maintaining its typeface/font weight. I previously purchased a UI with dozens of dashboards which have different font from our client's font choice. Its a pain going through all individual fonts on each dashboard trying to change them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Convert Paths to Images

I sometimes Illustrate directly in Adobe XD, please allow us to Rasterize or Select which Paths should be downloable for developers. I spent too much time manually exporting paths

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Cloud sharing documents and working together don't work

Cloud share documents don't work today, Can you fix it ? Because I have to work together with a friend of mine for a project and we can't meet each other at times of corona so it is very important that it works again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Share mode- no more info modal for changes

So every time I work in the share mode a modal appears every time my colleagues change something or add something to the design, it's kind of annoying and interrupts the workflow. Can this be changed pls .. I mean take Figma as an example there you can work on a project multiple users and everything is in real-time and changes appears as they go along with the project

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Object snap to guides

I see that we can snap to grid, which is great, but being able to snap objects to guides is equally important when a layout does not conform to a grid.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. REAL TIME COLLABORATIONS

Real time collaborations with others similar to Figma. Right now the feature has a very long delay/lag time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. photosplasch

svp photosplasch plugin

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Guides that stretch beyond the artboard

It's great to have guides, but the fact that they are restricted to an artboard and can't go beyond, makes it impossible to align objects relative to the artboard, there are some rudimentary snaps but guides that exist on a global level would be not just helpful, dare I say a normal part of a design tool, circa PS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Overlays can't be placed in scrollable area

Overlays can's be dragged outside the artboard height zone.
    When trying to move the overlay into the scrollable zone, it wont go further the defined height.

1) Create an artboard with a specific window height
    2) Extend the artboard verticallt, so it's scrollable
    3) Place a button (or anything) in the scoll zone (beyond the window height)
    4) Create a new artboard with the overlay content
    5) In Prototype, link the button to the overlay arboard (as overlay, obviously)
    6) Try to move the overlay content near the button (in the scrollable zone)

Current: You can't, the overlay placement is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix export asset image size issue

Ok, I've noticed this issue as a bug. When you export, say a .png, at design size, it's the right size (@1x). When you export for web @2x from the program, it actually sizes down @1x to be half the size, and @2x to be the original size, which is opposite of what you want.

Weirdly enough, in developer specs, the assets are exported at the right size (@1x - Design size and @2x), double the pixel size of the design size.

Can you please fix this?! This has been this way for a while.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Separate component states from variants

Instead of managing all the different variations of a component using states, allow switching of variants with their own set of states. Technically you could add new components for each variant but being able to select a variant from a dropdown would be a neat way to organise groups of components and switch between their variants and associated states. An example would be having a solid button and an outline button as part of the same component, and these would have their own set of states when you switch between variants. This would be far neater than having states for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Snap to Divisible by 8 px

Have a mode where everything you move and shapes you make are divisible by 8px kind of like snap to grid.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. My comment box is always went missing

This error happens on Design Feedback screens. My comment box is always went missing when I post something on the comment sections

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Alert warning modal for replacing old links with new links

When clicking Create New Link, please provide an alert pop up window, asking the user, "Are you sure you want to replace your old link with this new link? Once you generate a new link, you will not be able to get the old link back.' [button: "Continue|Cancel"]

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Draw Multiple lines at a time and attach them to one artboard at the same time

Say we have 200 artboards, and one of them is a home screen. Instead of connecting lines one-by-one to the home screen artboard, we should be able to select multiple artboards or other objects and drag them to the home sceen. So if you shift-clicked on multiple objects/artboards, then you should be able to draw a line at one time, and connect all of the artboards to the home screen.

A is the home screen, B and C are other parts, with home buttons. Instead of having to drag a from B to A, and C to A, users should…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base