Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Selecting groups

When you hover over a group and see the blue highlight, you should be allowed to click and select that group. This will make selecting things SO much easier!!

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. hide shortcut NEW

New hide shortcut: now is (windows) ctrl + §

I like more alt + §

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Hide Overflow Options within Groups

(In Design Mode) I was trying to create a screen to simulate a sliding modal that goes off the screen. I moved the modal group within my container group half-outside the bounds of my container group, and wanted the overflow to be hidden. But there is no option, so I had to create a white square, without borders and place it near the bounds of my main group, above the overflow portion of the modal group.

Please tell me there's an easier way to hide the overflow of objects when they are outside the bounds of the parent group. I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

There are a couple of ways for you to do this. First, you can create a mask group to clip at a certain boundary:
    https://twitter.com/elainecchao/status/1303477916139839489?s=20

Mask groups can be auto-animated.

Alternatively, you can set your group to turn on scroll groups, which would also clip to a prescribed boundary. You can learn more about that feature here: https://youtu.be/UV4YKibuCKg

Please do let us know if this resolves your question, or if you’re trying to accomplish something else.

4. Custom Illustrations

Want some personalized illustrations set by Adobe rather than others

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Full screen to be real full screen

Guys, I can't understand why shared xd link shows such a small window with designed website. It's fine with width but height? It doesn't make sense to crop the height. It looks silly on bigger screens and it's not natural. Browsing pages we got full height view, not small window in the center. Please consider changing the preview mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It looks like you might have set the viewport to that location, so you might want to check to see if it’s set correctly. We will show the content of your designs at 100% and will not zoom in unless you select “zoom to fit” in the shared prototype zoom selector.

6. An Easier way to use Guides

I would love to have a way to create guides for a certain artboard in my project and then be able to save it with a name, to be pulled up for later use on another artboard. This way I could have a master set of guides to begin with for each type of screen, and be able to modify it as I work, then be able to pull the original guides up for the next one. Adobe is great!! Keep making it better!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Committing value entered in properties panel, using Enter/Return key

There is no easy way to exit an input field in the properties panel after inputting a value.
    For example:
    1. I have the 'artboard' tool selected and drag out a random sized artboard.
    2. Adjust the size by entering values in the W/H fields in the properties panel.
    3. Then I'd have to use the mouse to change tools to the 'select arrow' or other tool for the value to commit and exit the field

Because I'm used to photoshop and hot keys to switch between tools, I'll often press enter to commit (like in photoshop) and then "V"…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Suggesting Changes

So That your fellow colleagues can suggest changes (bUT It will Not Changes The Design Until you accept the idea

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Scrolling is broken

I need to scroll for 15 minutes to reach the bottom of the image: wtf?? Don't you test your website in all common browsers and OS? Why isn't there standard scrollbars to use the website despite its bugs?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Able to use prototype in web view

Like how we use Marvelapp or Invision to prototype the design properly without being put in shared view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. View designs/ prototype in browser not in the my work section

I would like to view my designs in the browser not in the my work section. The full screen mode as it doesn't scale properly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Possibility to have a Fixed Element inside a group

This is a wireframe I'm working on. I created a group called Modal and put inside it 2 groups Modal Header and Modal Body. Inside of Modal Body I want to have a group called Right Sidebar and use it as a anchor point menu but it won't stay fixed if it wasn't a parent group, in other words, it need to be outside the group Modal.

Besides that if I want to use this inside a component as an anchor point menu and a trigger to dropdown it won't work too

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Paste and import images into pasteboard instead of Artboard

From my understanding a pasteboard collection contains any object created in the gray area outside any artboard. If that's the case then why can't I importan an image directly into the pasteboard and not the artboard itself? As far as what this would be used for, it could be used for stensil or an example of what you want to replicate as a set of arboards. Say you had a few hand-sketches, you scanned it and imported into XD and now you want to start building a hihger-fidelity wires.

Right now the moment I paste something or import something into…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yes, I did give you a workaround, and then asked you a question as to how you’d like it to work.

If you wanted XD to avoid visible artboards, what would you want it to do if you had a bunch of artboards in view? Would you want it to paste off screen? Or would you want it to resize to fit the pasteboard?

14. Zoom in on an asset when using filtered search

I opened an an icon library with 600 icons. I then tried to search for all icons with the word 'library' in them; 30 items cam back, but when clicked on one of the items, it was impossible to see the highlighting of the object because I needed to zoom out so much on the main artboardto see all of them.

It would be insanely helpful if you when using the filter search option, the items selected from the result set, say double-click would be zoomed in on the actual artboard, so the user does not spend minutes dragging the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ways to export to a windows friendly low code app environement to develop your app.

I think XD will be much better if you can easily export your designs to an environement for low code and make an app directly from it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Empty cloud document cache

my local drive is filled with the cache of previously opened cloud documents. why is the cache not cleared automatically?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Exporting finished animation/prototype as .mp4

While recording an animation is possible, it makes workflow difficult for transitioning time-based auto-animated clips for use in Premiere Pro. There's supposed to be a way to export for after effects but I've never been able to make it work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Realtime view on iPad should be really real time, even with larger documents

When my document is a bit larger (25 MB) the real time view is not fluent (on an up to date iPad 2019 10.2''). It isn't "real time". I often have to do a double click on the page to show me my changes. Changing fonts could be last about 5 seconds to affect. Or I have to do a double click each time. That's frustrating because finding the right font can be a hard work and XD makes it even harder and more awkward …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Option for: Padding overwriting component size

This would make it much easier to create a designsystem with flexible buttonsizes. One form component that controlls the border radius and border for small, medium and large buttons.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Font conversion

Being able to easily follow brand guidelines that state font size in "sp" and XD calculates and converts it into pts (unspecified but it is XD's default) based on your laptop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base