Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. In Illustrator, the direct selection arrow allows me to select an object inside a group without having to select the group. When I have nested groups this can become a laborious process. This should also provide a way to select individual objects contained within different groups.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Artboards should export at the device's true resolution. iPhone 7 Plus should export at 1242x2208 and not the 414x870. Same with Android's 1080x1920 resolution.

We should at least select the 3 times (3x) option when exporting. Artboards. The PDF option creates too many steps to create a PNG/JPG of an Artboard.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Useful during initial rough prototyping so complete loops don't need to be added, or during review of more complex prototypes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When generating prototypes to share online - I only see options to share again or update. What if i just want to copy the link again? Have come across this several times. Would be super helpful to have access to previously shared link there. Am I just not seeing it? Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be nice to have shortcut key for switching between the two windows when open. for example when i have one project open and then i open for some iOS and android UI it opens in new window which is really annoying to switch between the the two window.
    for example in photoshop when i press (cmd+ ~) it switchs between the windows without using mouse click.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I noticed that the text box around text can be centered/aligned itself, but the text inside it is always at the bottom of the text box and not centered, making it hard to center/align text with other objects.

For example, if you create a rectangle for a button (see image), and add in a text box with some text that says something like "button," and center both together vertically and horizontally, the text will be slightly lower than center because the text is not centered inside the text box.

Some have already posted the idea of adding alignment tools, but…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When deleting points from a shape, the endpoints still connect and the object remains a shape rather than being able to become a line. Important, for example, for designing charts and graphs such as donut charts broken into sections.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to hide artboards in order to exclude them from exporting with all others.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It you have one or more artboards selected at the time you choose File > Export, the button in the save dialog box won’t say “Export All Artboards.”

The easiest ways to select an artboard are:

• Click the title of the artboard (you can shift-click to select multiple artboards this way)
    • Drag a marquee that fully encompasses one or more artboards

You can tell an artboard is selected when its title turns blue.

Here’s a quick screencast that shows both ways of selecting artboards: http://imgur.com/a/nKQyE

9. When you select the previous art board option you are not able to change the animation mode and timing like other prototype links. Is this a bug? It's a shame and a problem in my estimation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Need to select if the type is bold, regular, light etc inside the text box
    Does not help in design to make the whole text box one text weight

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The current implementation of "masking" is missing a key feature... clipping masks.

I've attached a file to help give a better understanding of what I'm referring to. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. To unlock a locked object on a layer, we have to go to Menu > Object > Lock

It would be great it says "Unlock" if the object is already locked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be great to have the ability to move artboards around.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When switching between apps, for. example when copying hex from browser to Xd, Color dialog window always disappear and I always have to click on Fill option in Appearance tab to get Color dialog back on. It would be much easier for window to stay open when switching between apps.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Your startup screen breaks one of the basic rules of usability : What can I interact with?

Everything is gray. Titles, desc text, links and buttons.

PROBLEM: The layout is fine, but you have turned your startup screen into 'mystery meat' navigation. What can I click on? What is a call to action? Do I have to hover over everything to figure this out?

Think about this. Also, gray links are historically 'disabled' color. Whether it's a button or a link, it usually means 'disabled'. I understand that shades of grey are the new cool design thing, but for your…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. I tried various keyboard shortcuts and looked in the top menu but to no avail - It would be nice to be able to switch between design and prototype modes at a press of a keyboard button instead of having to click.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You will be able to use CTRL + TAB. This functionality is completed now and will be available in our April 2016 public release. Thanks for your feedback.

17. I am creating multiple slides at once. I am using it as a storyboard, so to speak. Problem is that I can't move from one part of the screen to the next slide like I normally would as a map (hand). Further complicating the problem is that when I re-size the screen, navigation gets more difficult (can't locate how far in the x and y access things are from each other). I wish the screen was easier to move around on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is possible today: just hold down Alt (aka Option) while dragging one corner handle. In the near future you will also be able to set separate corners from the properties panel, which should help make this easier to discover.

19. Provide us an upfront tool to add or insert image / images and also option to replace the same.

Its very important to add icons also .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Edit Vector from Illustrator in Adobe XD

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)