Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. When you Ctrl+click to do direct selection then you also select layers with 0% opacity, which means that you are not selecting what you see.

With Auto Animate I have begun to place layers on top of each other, and in next artboard move them into final position to simulate foldout. This will also transition from 0 to 100% opacity, which is why I don't simply hide the layers.

This makes it difficult to edit what is visible and layered behind the top layers of 0% opacity.
    E.g. if I then want to edit a text field then I cannot…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I can't find Adobe XD in App Store of China

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Janice Yip responded

We’ve just launched XD mobile in the China App Store! Please check it out and let us know what you think!

3. See attached Screenshot for reference;

If a designer has set up multiple fonts / weights / sizes within one textbox, the design specs link can only read one spec per textbox. This forces the designer to change their workflow by setting up every heading/ paragraph etc. within a new textbox, to allow the developer to read all the specs.

We need to be able to see the unique specs for typography (font name, weight, size etc) wether or not it's set up in one textbox.

Also for example, suppose I have one sentence in which only two words are bolded,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

his feature is now available in all design specs links published from XD 21.0 or above.

XD will now let developers select and inspect different text spans in a single text layer that includes multiple styles, including superscript and subscript styles.

You may see this video for all latest features we’ve shipped https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLfZICf8deo

4. I needed to overwrite a file when exporting it. However, I spent approximately 20 minutes trying to figure out why I kept getting the error "There was a problem exporting your asset. We'd love to understand what went wrong so that we can fix this for you. Please tell us about the problem here."

I finally realized that this was because I was overwriting an opened file (I was viewing it in Adobe reader). As a software engineer to a team of software engineers, I highly recommend making the errors much more specific to the issue.

if File.isOpen()
    sendError("Please close…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Since our developers code our websites in pixels, we need the ability to change the font style from points to pixels.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Currently you have to select the Colur icon/block or Ag style icon to apply character or Colour style, if you click anywhere else in the character style block it does not apply!!!
    The more intuitive and i think previous versions had this, is to make the entire character style capsule clickable. I run a 5k screen setup so the icons are pretty small.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be helpful if you were able to label the assets (symbols, colors, fonts) like you can in the Library panel so that you can easily tell which asset is for which feature in your project. For example, the ability to label a font choice as "Header" or "Subtext".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Why did you move the eye dropper tool inside the fill dialogue box? It now takes two clicks to access it instead of the original one click. With a tool that is used so frequently this is not a good thing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. hi, me and my team (UX) would like to have the ability to share the XD presentation online with dev or PMs on view mode - now they need to have an adobe account to view our presentations- so that's a problem :/

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I have change log set up on confluence and I've been wondering why non of the developers have been clicking on the link to see the spec, but instead have been downloading the XD file instead. And when the fonts failed to load on the file, they often slack me what the font weight is and etc.

And when I refer to them spec link, the first thing they said to me was "they don't have an account". I had to show them they can just click "Sign In" and then hit "Google". And then they were like OOOHHHH..

But…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When I decided to change the whole prototype design from one color palette to another. I cannot change the same color of all the shapes together. I need to select same color shapes on each page one by one. This is so slow.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I use the Update Link command a lot! It has now been buried under Publish Prototype; more clicks away instead of fewer. I believe that his command is a signature experience for this application, and so it should be brought forward rather than buried.

It would be great for me to have a dedicated control that let's me update my prototype with one powerful click.

Please look at the attached image I which I have capture my thoughts around this feature.

If anything, the previous design should be put back in place.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Currently, there aren't any safeguards to ensure that all pages are accounted for and each button directs correctly.

It would be really helpful to be able to specify a button with a target at the outset, so that upon publishing a quick preflight check would ensure that everything is linked correctly and no pages are missing from the site architecture.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I want to select all the objects that use a particular asset like a color or font. If my design has gone crazy and I have assets that are close, like 23px and 24px titles that I want to merge it would make that easier. With colors, I may not want to edit the Asset, I may want to change all the corporate red to the corporate blue. It would help with finding fonts in a file too, like in Illustrator.

Similar to:
    Related symbol: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/19712428
    Related character style: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/30977113

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I want XD to recenter and zoom to an artboard that I select from the artboard list.

Why is this valuable to you?
    I currently spend a lot of energy manually zooming and panning between artboards. What if we simplify and streamline all this activity to just a couple of clicks?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Version : 0.8.22.17 Beta, CS 2.4.2.61

Click the share button in the top right corner and select "Share again".

The "Update link" and "New link" buttons look exactly the same. Several times I have come to press the wrong button. In 100% of the cases, I want to update the existing link. I would therefore argue that it makes sense to emphasize this as a primary action.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I'd like to be able to use Magic Move which is the function of keynote for screen transition.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Would be great if we could add multiples symbols at once rather than adding one by one. Maybe let grouped items be imported to the symbols section altogether.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I'd like to be able to change a subsection of a page based on my selection, like you can see at http://tabtab.be/

タブで遷移

日本語で失礼します。

現在、プロトタイプモードでは、ページ全体の遷移しかできません。
    例えば下記ページのように、タブで選択した箇所のみ情報が変わるような遷移はできないでしょうか。
    http://tabtab.be/

情報サイトでは、タブ切り替えをよく使います。
    このような遷移がプロトタイプモードで作れたら、イメージ共有がスムーズになります。
    現在この機能がないため、XDをプロジェクトで使うのをためらっております。
    ぜひ追加機能をお願いします。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. app preview on iPad cannot back to the header

Hello,

When i install the adobe Xd app on the iPad, every artboard all scroll from the header to footer perfectly in first time. But, when i back to previous artboard, it will always start the scroll from the footer, not the header.

the bug only happens on the preview app, but not on the software of my laptop and the share link.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)