Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Currently when update a shared prototype, it replaces the previous version, it would be nice to have the option to retain previous versions.

These versions could then be compared side by side to easily review changes, as an added bonus the versions could be linked together so as you navigate one version the previous version would move in sync (where possible)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When pasting elements with shadow from Ai to XD, the element is pasted but without the shadow

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. The Export options have a confusing naming in German.

There are three options at "File" > "Export": (German: Datei > Exportieren)

"Martkiere...", "Nur ausgewählte", "Alle Zeichenflächen" and "After Effects"

Unfortunately the first two "Markierte" and "Nur ausgewählte" are a bit misleading because they mean the same in German. A more precise naming that makes clear what distinguishes these options from each other would be great.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I request that component states could be controlled by keys and gamepad, not only tap. Today you can control the component states by using tap, but not with keys and gamepad. This is not good if you are prototyping for console games.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Something is wrong with text fields "auto height" during animate (ex. from one artboard to another). During animate text fields changing Y position ("jumping" up and down). It is only after "Share prototype in web. In preview in Adobe XD is correct.
    Please check attached file, share it, and check in webbrowser.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide an option to disable all helpful tips that popup as you're trying to use the application.

This would be valuable to me, as otherwise it's disrupting my flow of trying to create some screens. They're distracting, I've already watched all the tutorials on your XD page, so I'm aware of the features, they don't add anything new.

It makes sense to have these "on" by default, but some option to disable them is expected, and would be very helpful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. A master component can consist of many other master components. Lets call them 'inside master components.

If one of these inside master components is duplicated in the master and then edited (fx. a text) the duplication is done correctly, but the edit does not work. Even if you rename the new inside master component.

After duplicate, I have to ungroup the duplicated one and make a new inside component before it works.

Please do something about this. Extremely annoying.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. when you highlight a color on the canvas from the assets panel it does not highlight color when it is used as a border. I would expect to see the color highlighted regardless of it being a fill or border, is this a bug?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It's frustrating to try to get plugins to work. Many have little to no support or even a guide on how to use them. A curated list of plug ins that work for most users would be helpful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Provide UI kit for material design and iOS like Sketch has it in their software. There is no kit available anywhere for Adobe xd

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I nearly panicked tonight trying to find a file I knew I had saved after working on it all day. With XD on Win 10, the "save as" experience is no longer what 99.99% of all other programs do, and what Adobe has done for 2 decades plus.

When you "save as" in the creative cloud, typically the program you're in just opens a file explorer to save the file in whatever folder you select. Instead, you've created some "Name your document" interface that is ambiguous in it's function. If I save to cloud documents, the interface goes away and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The current UI for transitions is clunky and flows awkwardly. Every time I try to link to something lower on the page, the pop-up box appears below the 'fold'/screen and I have to move the artboard into view and re-click on the 'from' element to get the pop-up to appear. You've already trained the users to use the side-panel (right) to change elements in the design view, I think it makes sense to place the transitions in the same spot. It would greatly simplify the flow, as well as returning to edit transitions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It make more sense if Fixed Position on Prototype mode instead of Design which designer tend to arrange the "move" and flow there

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. In Word or Visual Studio you have the ability to search and replace certain signs or words. Well i'm in a project right now having a lot of different canvases all with some rectangles colored in the same way. If i want to change the color of all of them equally i wish i had a function providing me with that ability.... maybe there is a way to this date.. but i don't know it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please add this we really need this one, give me an option when i exporting an image for android to set name of the image. Because it creates 7-8 files for each image. thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I'm on a Creative Cloud for Enterprise license (I don't have an apps tab) and can't install XD. I'd like to have Creative Cloud Packager (CCP) support so that my admin can install.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When there's an update, I can't open the application at all. I've been on a couple team phone calls now and have wanted to reference wireframe work I've done and haven't been able to do so because I had pending updates.

Update in the background, let me keep working!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be excellent if one could export a prototype so it could then be hosted for web with HTML markup. The perfect example of this need comes in when we do usability testing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Clipboard fails between XD and other apps—including Ai—however it works within itself.

Please fix this so that there is a good integration and ability to copy something to the clipboard from XD and paste it in another app.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the July release, you will be able to copy bitmap images of any selected elements or artboards. This will allow you to:

1. Copy artboards directly to presentations or specs built in apps like Powerpoint, Keynote, Google Docs, etc.
    2. Copy any other elements into docs for presentations (raster)
    3. Copy bitmaps and paste them into PS for quick edits and the copy/paste them back to XD.

20. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)