Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. After update this dialog box confuses and I find its very complicated. Please use system UI instead of this new one. Because I rename the file and when I hit enter it saves in last location without asking me.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. I wish there was a preview or screenshots of the plugins. Most of the plugins without a screenshot won't help me download it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Starting in XD’s November 2019 release (XD 24), the plugin listing does feature screenshots.

Every newly added/updated plugin is required to provide at least one screenshot, to ensure you always have this useful info to go on when choosing which plugins to install.

3. Please add new iPhone XR, XS, XS Max in mobile sizes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. If there is a paragraph where there text color is not everywhere the same, on the design specs you can view only one color and not the second one.

It would be nice and handy especially for the developers, to be able to see/pick all the colors that are used inside a paragraph placeholder on the design specs mode.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

his feature is now available in all design specs links published from XD 21.0 or above.

XD will now let developers select and inspect different text spans in a single text layer that includes multiple styles, including superscript and subscript styles.

You may see this video for all latest features we’ve shipped https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLfZICf8deo

5. Every now and then I find myself juggling with layout settings as soon as I change the width of an existing artboard and want the layout to stay the same.
    Especially when designing for the web.
    Suppose I have a design made on a canvas with a width of 1280. The design is vertically centerd on the artboard. When I change the width of the canvas to say 1500, the design doesn't stay in the center, but positions itself relative to the upper left corner. And the Grid Layout adapts to the new width, meaning that column width and gutter…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When I send my mockup to developers, they need all informations about size, font, etc. It would be nice to have an option to display those informations :)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. hello team,
    while importing assets it should not be directly load into art board . but instead first it load on assets kind of tab at top most bar of XD. when click on that it should toggle our imported assets and we drag them out whichever we want onto the artboard for project. not at once i mean.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Although I would like to design specs in development, but can not set the scope of disclosure, customers are not allowed to use.
    Can I make an adobe ID invitation system for design specifications?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We released Private Invites (Beta) : Share and track your prototypes and design specs with invited team members or stakeholders, so you control who sees, reviews, and comments on them.

This is available in XD 9.0 onwards

9. When you make a symbol like a button, you draw first a rectangle with attributes like color, size, etc...

then you put a label in order to give him a function like "Validate", etc

So when you put this button inside your artboards the problem becomes that if you want to change the caption of the button you'll have to dissociate the symbol to change the caption.

So the problem is How can I use atomic approach in order to design my system and then if I change the color of the button, the size of it or the caption…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The possibility of changing the fill color of each member of group object by changing the color of that group object

I have the full subscription to all Adobe Cloud products and applications.

Now I can change the color only of the single object, but if I group it (by pressing CTRL+G) the fill color of that object becomes unchangeable.

That is VERY-VERY inconvenient, because that is VERY-VERY unintuitive.

Why is that VERY-VERY unintuitive?

Ok, just have a glance on it.

Imagine that I've have selected 10 separate objects, and that each of them is not a group, but a…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hi. I'd like to be able to select all artboards used or not used in a prototype.

I would use this in a couple of ways:

1. I want to clean up my artboard layout, so that "current" artboards are in one area and older or reference artboards are off to the side. The current ones are the ones linked up in the prototype. I'd like to select all artboards that aren't in the prototype—don't link from or to the home board through any path—and then move those all with one gesture to another area of the workspace, leaving only the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be extremely valuable to have a dimension view or developer view where the size and color code for each element is visible. All text or other distractions would be hidden and the user would have the option to reorganize the auto populated layout of dimensions. This feature would definitely put Adobe XD way ahead of any competitor.

There are more variables to consider, but this is an great idea to build off of.

Cheers!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When an object is very small on screen -- either due to zooming out, or just because it's small -- XD hides some resize handles to prevent them from jumbling all together.

On Mac, handles don't disappear until they're really overlapping. At 100% zoom, you can make a square as small as 16x16 and still see all eight handles (and it'll still give you four handles all the way down to 8x8).

On Windows however, you can only go down to 64x64 before handles start vanishing. And it'll drop from 4 handles to 1 at any size below 32x32.

This…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Appearance Shadow option should have opacity setting

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Being able to choose which files to export and NOT export would be great. So that you can easily re-export all images of a UI without hand-picking every file you want to export. So a tag for include/exclude....(!) Should also work with groups so that groups of buttons and text can exclude the text in an export process.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Starting with XD 4.0 you can mark for export individual assets and export them in a format of your choice. Marking can be done using the layers panel. After marking, you can select the following menu sequence File →Export→Batch or shortcut Shift + Cmd/Ctrl + E.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
    M.

16. Can you add the possibility to save my work on your cloud to access it immediately on my iPhone Experience App ?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We just released a new update where you can access XD documents stored in Creative Cloud files.

LOAD XD DOCUMENTS FROM CREATIVE CLOUD FILES
    If you place your XD documents in your CC Files folder on desktop, you can now load them from Adobe XD on mobile. Make sure you have your document saved and synced in your CC Files folder on desktop, then open Adobe XD on your mobile device. Tap on the folder icon and choose “XD Document from Creative Cloud”, or if you’re viewing an XD document, long press and tap on “Open XD Document > XD Document from Creative Cloud”. What’s interesting here is that we have a full version of Adobe XD running on the mobile device to open each XD document.

17. Back, forward and home buttons in online share modus, outside of the design area.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. This is straight taken from my Sketch workflow. In Sketch, when you copy an artboard, the pastable asset is a raster version of your artboard. This allows to quickly paste a work in progress to a Trello card or Slack channel/conversation. This also negates having to export an asset for nothing, saving time and reducing project clutter in general.

As of now,

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When your XD file synces automatically to CC Cloud files it is in a unreadable format. Taking up space while unusable. Please fix this or just don't have them sync. I realize easier to share on another computer with XD on it but I don't think it should be the default to automatically share unless it shared as a JPEG at the very least.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be great to have a presentation mode like with InDesign for quickly viewing lots of artboards quickly!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As Peter mentioned, our full screen Preview can take over the entire screen and, as of 10.11, doesn’t leave a chrome around it. I believe this best mimics Presentation Mode in InDesign, so I’m closing this as completed.

-Elaine