Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. "Starting from April 2020, these features that are currently a part of Adobe XD ...
    Saving to your computer, though you can still save to cloud documents."

Feature request: Don't remove local saving. Why would you do this? What possible benefit does this have for me as a user? Why would I choose to use a service that doesn't let me save my work locally?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. select more than one doc to open: i need to open multiple files, só i do this one by one!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Support for groups in the Creative Cloud Libraries panel like photoshop would be great!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please, add functionalities to CC Libraries like:
    - change file preview: large icons view with name, details view with names and other information;
    - possibility to sort the file by name, date, last modified,....;
    - possibility to have a default or customizable background to turn on and off;

I would like to put on your attention the worst case for me: the large icons view works fine only with coloured icons, not with white icons, because of the white background (that depends on the artboards) doesn't allow to me to see a white icon, and without the names of the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. If you have a color palette and need to change a color a little you need to change the color for every layer with the old color again.

It would be nice to have a set color palette and if you change one of these colors all layers with the old color get updated.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It's very annoying anytime I copy/paste an item within a group or not, that it pastes it into the top of that group in my panel. Instead of right above the item I have selected. If I want to clean up my panel I have to constantly move my items down where I want them after pasting.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Adobe Xd needs widgets libraries to create a new menu from scratch, In this way helps us to create an screen easily doing drag and drop.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve been working with a variety of partners to provide more robust UI kits for you to use, including menu elements. Apple, Google, and Microsoft have all provided a number of different UI kits with sticker sheet elements to get you started.

Note that you can also create new artboards by simply switching to the artboard tool and clicking.

Please do feel free to file a new story if you’d like to see additional features.

Thanks,

-Elaine

8. Need to have a active buttons, when a press the button and hold, have a action.
    Example: I have a button when i press, i go to other page, but if I hold button, it's change a color.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now that the application is officially known as “Adobe XD” Spotlight finds the application when searching for “xd”

10. This one will presumably have to wait until the layers panel comes to fruition, but it'd be nice if there was a label/breadcrumb at the top of the screen that told us which group was selected/in isolation mode. Pretty much exactly like illustrator's isolation mode breadcrumb bar, or maybe even simplified (after all, simplicity seems to be what XD is all about!), using just the standard breadcrumb chevron instead of icons.

I think this would be nice because I keep forgetting, or not realizing that I'm in isolation mode, then I end up drawing or pasting objects in to that…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Since preview 2 (apr edition) prototypes are taking a fair bit longer to load.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hi there,

The user should have the ability to see the mockup prototype on Browsers or other devices. This kind of feature would be an effective addition for desktop designers and mobile designers alike.

Nowadays, we are only able to preview on the a mobile device screen size, which is useless for desktop or even other device design.

Thanks

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closing this issue due to inactivity on an open query. You can already preview a web artboard in full screen mode, which gives you as much real estate as you have on your screen. If there’s something specific you’re looking for, please do file a separate idea in the system!

-Elaine

13. When exporting an artboard as a PNG, I expect that any areas that do not have a fill would be transparent. This isn't the case when I open the PNG file in Photoshop.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support OS X fullscreen mode to allow quick app switching, dual full screen apps in versions past El Capitan, and distraction-free editing.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I've used this functionality with Zeplin, and it's considerably useful for a Developer to know if that element should integrate it as a reusable component or just as a specific element of a page (and also know where it comes from and on which pages it's currently being used)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When using Responsive Resize, items will adjust according to their parameters but items such as Area text will not take into account their contents. When resizing an Area Text box, XD should provide the option to resize the height in line break increments to accommodate the text.

An option for width could also be useful.

The benefit of this is that responsive resize will now responsively adjust all other elements to fit.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Major releases seem to get changelog updates in a handful of places, but not all updates are clear as to what is actually being improved. It's kind of annoying and confusing to update, like the one 2 days ago for example, and have no clue what's changed even after a google search. It makes it unclear if this is the "monthly" update or bugfixes or whatever. Would be cool to see what's actually improved.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  18. Sometimes I need to get a prototype shared with devs so they can start working on some small piece of the software before I'm done, and to allow time for comments etc in my fast-paced work environment. I often find myself needing to share prototypes before I've started to make them interactive, when they're just in very early stages (sometimes just to show progress, sometime so devs can get a head start on basic styling / layout). However, right now the app won't allow me to share a prototype that has no interactions. This means I have to either add…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback on this. We’ve made the home artboard able to toggle, so you can toggle it off to share everything, then switch it to another artboard to share only that flow. Share Mode will then show you which artboards will be shared when you publish.

19. I know it’s not the primary usage for XD, but I was designing a little poster for a client in A4 and they suddenly changed their mind and wanted A3. I always export higher resolution, not just in print (using web export, which gives both 1x and 2x). So, since I wanted to have A3@2x, I had to manually copy the content and scale it up to a bigger art board. Thankfully there weren’t many changes in the poster after this but it got me thinking - it’d be neat if I could just export 4x of what I had…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all!

Happy to let you know that starting with XD 45 you can export assets at 4x!
    And 5x! And 6x! And to any other custom value you wish between 0.1x and 10x!
    Let us know your feedback.

Happy exporting!
    Corina Murgila

20. When on the smaller screens (desktop and mobile) the Asset panel takes up a large space of the screen. Create possibility to collapse and open this, or make more mobile friendly.
    To be able to use to whole screen to only view the artboard, click on elements and see their specs on mobile and have space to create comments.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)