Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Editing a pathfinder ( Add, subtract, intersect, etc.) would be beneficial to create the perfect shape without building new shapes or paths. Example: location pin - If the circle within the teardrop is off by 2px, I can select the circle shape and move it instead of selecting anchor points.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When editing with other users, it will be easier if there was a radio button that says "Always Accept Changes" so that we don't have to accept changes every time because it's a bit distracting.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When viewing design specs on smaller screens, the top, right, and bottom panels take up too much space. I recommend making the right panel collapsible, the bottom panel shorter, and the top panel transparent like the bottom one.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 希望Adobe公司可以尽快的支持中文,对于中国的使用者使用英文版软件是比较困难的,希望可以使用中文版的XD,这样会让更多的中国设计人员使用XD进行工作

Machine translation: "I hope that Adobe can support Chinese as soon as possible, for Chinese users to use the English version of the software is more difficult, hope to use the Chinese version of the XD, this will allow more Chinese designers to use XD to work"

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Line break in comments

Ideally 'shift' + 'enter' would be the shortut key for that line break

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be nice to see (where you select the font-familie) what font-families you already used in your project.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I fully transitioned to XD from Sketch, but I need to copy some of my work back into Sketch to share with other people.

When I try to paste, I get an image and the export SVG has missing fonts, images and colors.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow to drop text file lists on repeated grid text elements like we drop images.
    For example a simple text file like this:

Washington DC
    New York
    Miami
    Los Angeles
    Boston
    Seattle
    Cupertino

can be dropped on any text label of a repeated element, and it would display each line entry as the text of the label of each repeated element in the same order of the text file.
    Also other file formats can be eventually supported: txt, csv, rtf, doc, xls, xlsx, odt, odf

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be great to have paragraph text similar to the paragraph mode of the text tool in Photoshop. I noticed when recently prototyping an app I tried to use lorem ipsum text and had to use hard returns to format as a paragraph

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I tried copying and pasting a text box from illustrator to Adobe XD and two things happened.
    1 - The font weight changed and
    2 - Paragraphs were broken up into separate lines.

When I pasted a whole wireframe page from illustrator, all my bold text turned into regular and I had to select each line one by one to change it back to bold.

The other option was to outline the text before I copied / pasted it but then I couldn't edit it in Adobe XD.

It would be great if the text copied from illustrator matched /…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Vector objects (via Photoshop) do not allow color edits. Editing fills extend to the rectangular bounds, not just the object

(the shapes are imported as raster bitmap images, currently)

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. There is one thing that frustrates me every time I work with XD.
    The moment when the height of an element changes and I have to adjust all margins and the height of e.g. cards. And all because the text of a line got shorter.

Figma recently introduced "Auto layout". This allows to define the margins of elements within a "group" and thus complex list/grids that dynamically adapt to the content.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrKX46DzkGQ

It would be great if, after "Content aware layout (padding), the margin could now be addressed.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Using stacks in both horizontal and vertical orientations would bring the prototype much closer to to how development works, specially in mobile, providing much more relatable deliverables.

A "spacing" property could also be used in the stack, providing better control over the design.

A toggle between horizontal and vertical is something that would help but is not necessary.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hi, is there a way to change "Who has access" mode in Share from "Anyone with the link" to "Only invited people" easily? Right now the only way to do that is by creating a new link instead of simply changing the selection in "Who has access" dropdown and update it.

Will this be a possible update in the future?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now change the link access type in Share mode from it being public (Anyone with the link) to private (Only invited people) or vice-a-versa, and choose to Update the link without changing its URL.

https://helpx.adobe.com/ee/xd/user-guide.html/ee/xd/help/share-designs-prototypes.ug.html#link-access

Please note that this ability is available in links published from newer versions of Adobe XD. Please give this a try and let us know if you have any feedback.

Thanks!

15. Just like how it works in Zeplin, developers can select an asset in the design to inspect its properties and then can download that asset to use.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

With XD’s 11.0 release (which happened moments ago), we’ve made this feature live.

You can now save time and give developers the ability to extract and download assets from Design Specs. Mark layers as assets for export and send as a Design Specs link. Developers can download all the assets in the file format they need

As always, please do let us know about what you think of this feature and feel free to log the improvements that you’d like to see in this workflow as new requests at adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-x..

Thanks,
    Harish

16. オブジェクトの選択について

「デザインスペック」画面で、
    重なっているオブジェクトの枚数が多いと、
    オブジェクトが選択ができないようです。
    (階層が下のオブジェクトが選択できない?)

オブジェクト間の正確なマージンが取れずに困っています。
    修正のご検討、よろしくお願いいたします。

About selecting objects

On the "Design Spec" screen,
    If the number of overlapping objects is large,
    It seems that you can not select an object.
    (Can not select object with hierarchy below??)

I am in trouble because I can not get an accurate margin between objects.
    Consideration of correction, thank you.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

機能を完了したときにこれを見逃したようです! 設計仕様を右クリックしてその下のレイヤーを確認し、それを選択して測定できるようにします。

このメッセージは機械翻訳されています。

Looks like we missed this one when we completed the feature! You can right click in the design spec and see the layers underneath it, then select it to be able to measure.

17. I want to export my designs to Avocode using XD on Windows 10 - just like it works with XD on Mac.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Use case:
    Developer asked me for a link for specs, and when I gave it to him he found out that screens differ from prototype. It was because I forgot to update both links.

Proposed Solution:
    Enable automatic update whenever prototype is updated, via some kind of toggle button/ checkbox.

My thoughts on problem:
    Since I cannot directly edit specs link, it makes sense to update it only when I edit current state of prototype - the prototype is current, valid state of app. Therefore it makes sense to give us some kind of automatization for this process.

Thanks, you're…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. In addition to the default IOS, Windows, etc. UI-Kits, it would be great to have a UI-Kit for mocking up Adobe CC layouts for plugins, extensions, prototypes for suggestions, etc.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. When we have 25+ icons on the all artboards, we must have a command to export all the icons in one single click which will save a lot of time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Starting with XD 4.0, you can mark an object for export. You can then export all marked objects in a single operation using File → Export→ Export batch or shortcut Shift + Cmd/Ctrl + E.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
    M.