Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. As more and more plugins are added the the Xd ecosystem, this will quickly become an over-saturated market where distinguishing between high-quality, helpful tools and junk addons will become very difficult.

It will also become increasingly difficult to view, manage, update, and check out new plugins. I would love to see some better filtering options so I can quickly see what's new, what's trending, which of my current plugins need updates, etc. Tagging and categorizing plugins, providing popularity, feedback and ratings would also help establish a better experience for all users.

I also find many plugins so far do not…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Most of the requests here are now available as of XD 24 (November 2019 release): you can rate plugins from 1-5 stars; sort by rating or popularity or updated date; and view plugins by category (tags).

Specific feedback is still directed to each plugin author rather than a commenting system within XD’s plugin listing UI — every plugin in the listing is required to have a link where you can contact their support or report bugs, though.

2. Hello,

The Creative Cloud Libraries are a great addition! Thank you for that. We're looking forward to seeing more of the assets usable.

However, there seems to be missing the NAME of the style/color. Each of the assets in my (very extensive) library has a coded name and is shared with many designers and the name of the library asset is essential for the understanding of what asset is what (especially for character sizes)

Thanks!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. While all Links are visible (Cmd+A)

Having an error highlight on a Page(s) if it's not linked to another Page.

Example: It would be a nice way to know if you've forgotten to relink Page A to Page C if you've needed to delete Page B.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I have the need to change the color of the characters in a line of text. For example, there is a link in a paragraph. The link only should be blue.

Should be able to do alpha on the text characters also.

I see that we have size and font style, but color is the most practical of all these.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. In addition to left, right and centre aligned text I would love to see a (center) justify text align option. At the moment importing center justified text from AI does not perform as expected. I feel that is because that type of alignment is not supported by the XD software.

Basically I would like the same text alignment options as Illustrator (the advanced alignment options included!)

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have center justification for text areas already!

If you’re interested in full justification, please upvote this story: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/16278061

If you’re interested in upper case, please upvote the text transform story: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13717794

If there’s a specific issue with text copy and paste from Illustrator, please do file it as a specific issue.

Thanks!

-Elaine

7. Add the option to morph an element to another from a step to the next during transitions.
    For example a button in Step 1 can be linked in the prototype to a input field in Step 2. Then during the transition, AdobeXD should morph the button element to the input field.
    Both elements can be made with SVG assets, and morphed with the Gsock SVG Morph animation library.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I was in the middle of designing, and then realised that I needed to increase the length of a previous artboard and add in more data. Now to do that I first need to move all the artboards below it further down. But to that, I have to individually select each artboard to create a group - and then move them. This in my case meant selecting 20 artboards one by one. Doing this is a big pain, and often one wrong click lost all the selections. :( :( :(

An easier way would have been to have drag-select action…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Apparently the only way to stop other accessing your links is to delete them. However, there should be an option to just block the link so that all those people who have access will not be able to view it.

Deleting the link, deletes all the comments that were made. And hence the option of only blocking people from viewing will be helpful.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can actually change the type of the link and remove all users without affecting your comments. If you go to the property inspector of Share mode and “update link” with “only invited people” checked, you will not delete the comments. You can learn more about this in the blog post below:

https://theblog.adobe.com/xd-june-2020-scroll-groups-stacks-more/#:~:text=June%202020%20Release%20of%20Adobe,Stacks%2C%20Scroll%20Groups%2C%20and%20More&text=Today%20we're%20launching%20the,design%2C%20prototype%2C%20and%20collaborate.

10. I used to cycle intensively and seamlessly between the Design and Prototype tabs with CTRT+TAB. Hundreds of time a day. It was easy, logical, productive.

But now the Share tab came alongside them. While sharing is crucial, it is not designing. Using CTRL+TAB now forces me constantly through the sharing mode, followed by an extra CTRL+TAB. Hundreds of time a day. It is pure repetitive noise for me.

I suggest any of these 2 simple solutions:

1 - Adding a direct shortcut for the tabs (eg: OPTION+1, OPTION+2, OPTION+3);

2 - Removing the Share mode as a tab alongside the…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Unlike other Adobe applications adding colors in XD is not intuitive or even able to be accomplished without clicking on a drawn asset or word. Why is there a greyed out "+" next to the word "colors" under assets?

It would better serve the designer to give them the ability to import all assets up front to include any swatches or themes they have created using Adobe Capture CC. This is currently not allowed as all themes created online, in Photoshop or Illustrator come up as "unsupported" when looking in the CC libraries panel.

Not one designer I've spoken to…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please provide more supported languages on Voice-Based Prototypes. I think that this is a fantastic feature.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. There must be an option to call what kind of text style I have created.
    Currently, it just shows what the font type, size etc., but user should be able to create his own style name or predefined user interface styles.

Like in Adobe InDesign for paragraph styles.

That way I can easily identify what kind of generated style I want to use to the text component I have created.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please allow to show/ hide grids without clicking on the art-board first.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Show layout grids on artboards on the design specs pages.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The new shortcut on mac to toggle between design, prototype and share mode means you can't type a hashtag or euro character. Use a different shortcut tool.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I need to expand the bounds of a component while retaining the size of the content. This is helpful when changing the position of button prompts from inside to outside of the modal space.

When I try to resize the component it resizes the content inside, even when Responsive Resize is disabled.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. enable the download of xd files direct from adobe cloud.

today you only have the option to delete

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I often ‘save as’ my app, and rebrand it for a different client. Despite renaming the saved-as file, if I SHARE AGAIN, it will remember the old URL – and sometimes I’m tired enough to accidentally over-write the file. This would be disastrous with clients! Please forget the URL of a saved-as file.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1.Open a new document.
    2. Select a template type (web)
    3. File > New Document
    4. You are not re-prompted to select a layout type.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)