Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Klick on app-icons in the panel should select input field for direct value-change by number-input or arrow keys. This is the same in InDesign/AI/PS … Please make the Adobe apps feel the same or have the same ground features!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I would like to see the option to add filters to svg elements in the design that match the current spec of web svg. Things like color inversions, blurs, etc would be really helpful, especially when designing for the web.

The reason being often times we as designers may create something that may not be possible unless we export the element as an image. These elements are not always SEO friendly (such as when working with stylized text). However, we can often accomplish a similar effect by using svg filters in the web. So, allowing us to apply these and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. If i have an image in the clipboard, i would like to be able to create a new document based on its size (similar to what Photoshop does). Idea: If an image is in the clipboard, Prefill custom size fields with image dimensions from clipboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  4. while using the pen tool and adding a point to a line that already exists, if you hold shift the new point will automatically snap to the exact middle between the two points to the left and right.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. We work sometimes on different resolution. And one design can be used for a lot of product. As AdobeXD are built with Design System in mind, it could be great to have the ability to modify the scale of an element when we want to export it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It could be great to have an overview of the design scale inside the design review or developer review when we work across team. Some device are not on Retina Display and developers don't know if the scale is great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. This would be useful for e.g. resizing button instance widths, but maintaining the link to the master component button height. See image for an explanation.

(And yeah, I know I can rig up something like this myself by going into the master component, putting an invisible rectangle behind the green button's rectangle, and then adjusting the height or width of the entire master component group or of the green button itself, but that's a pain. It would be nice to have this work on individual objects too, instead of just groups.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please add a setting to control whether or not the comments/pins are showing on first load of the page. I would like my clients to be able to see the design and get an accurate first impression, without seeing the pins cluttering it. I would rather give them a real first impression than have their first action be to hit the comments button to hide the pins. I'm asking for a setting to control it because I see that others have found value in having the comments show by default. I chatted with a member of your support team and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I've had to copy and paste text from Figma into XD and it would be really great if that text could then become editable in XD. Adobe Acrobat is able to auto-detect and convert text even in lowres PDFs

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When we share a design made for iOS to developers, it could be great to have the option to select the appropriate color as NSColor and UIColor as well as Hex RGB etc :) It will be more convenient for developers to have access to UIColor/NSColor right from their dev design specs ;)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When I share a link of a prototype and have the option "Show Hotspot Hints" enabled, it shows clickable areas. It would be great if there could also be an option to display information on available Key & Gamepad triggers.

Building out a prototype that is interactive currently has it's short comings but it's great to see Adobe listening to XD users and expanding the prototyping capabilities. Because there currently isn't a way to show On-Hover type of interactions, I have to fake it by creating a keyboard trigger that I press at the same moment I move my mouse…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The ability to designate a box as a dummy asset of a certain theme so that it displays an appropriate image (roughly the same size and theme). For example, when creating mockups on the web I've been using placeimg.com to show temp assets. If I had a nature web site and wanted to show a 340x340 image I would just reference https://placeimg.com/340/340/nature and it would show a random nature image for the demo.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I have vectors in my CC library for various logos and symbols. I originally started my projected in Photoshop. When I imported my PSD into XD, all the vectors were converted to low resolution PNGs with no dynamic links to the CC library.
    If this program is truly meant to fit the ecosystem, it needs to preserve those CC Library links across every platform, including communications between Photoshop, Illustrator and XD.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I frequently (at least once/day) hit CMD-V when I'm reaching for CMD-B while editing text. If I have an object on my clipboard, XD inserts the raw SVG code into my text area. (OK, Maybe using my left hand for B is bad typing form, but I'm old and it's never going to change)

This is especially annoying if the clipboard contents are large, as my system grinds to a halt for several seconds, preventing a quick CMD-Z.

I can't think of a scenario when this behavior would be desirable. I get the value of copying SVG, but the paste…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. ADOBE XD v 21.2.12.3 does not preview to "Amazon Echo Show 5" properly. I keep getting black bars on either side of my layouts regardless of what size I set up my artboards. The internet says the Show 5 screen dimensions are 960x480, but XD won't do that. Any workarounds?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. When I have an artboard set to transition with a keystroke, the keystroke automatically highlights and is editable when I select an artboard. I cannot then use Ctrl 3 to zoom into that art board. Instead, it changes the keystroke to Ctrl 3.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Similar to the 'Color' tool panel from AI.

This can/should also incorporate other features like seeing the hex or color build information of the fill or outline without having to click into a secondary panel.

Tie in key commands like 'x' for swapping the focus from outline to fill, 'd' for resetting to base black/white, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When adding Character Styles the first character style stays on top and the other styles adds underneath that, but when adding Colors the latest added color "pushes down" the already added colors. Would like the first added Color to stay on top, I know you can change the order later but it would just speed up my workflow.

All the best!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Currently when we share Android Layout to the developers it was showing in DP for all in specs but as per platform guidelines prefer when it is character styles specs should be "SP" it is stands for Scale independent pixels. It is same as dp unit but it is also scaled by the user's font size preference.

Preferable request is meaningful as it will not confuse to the developers hope it make sense.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When renaming layers I often use CMD+Shift+arrow keys to highlight text. I have some custom keyboard shortcuts setup for the nudge+resize plug-in that use the same CMD+Shift+arrow keys to grow or shrink items. It would be great if while I was renaming layers I could use these shortcuts to highlight text without it affecting the item I have selected on the artboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)