Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Ability to click an object and the artboard (title or artboard border perhaps) so that a user can quickly align the object to the artboard itself. Most frequent use case is centering an object to the artboard.

2. Sometimes faster and easier to do this than having to move the object until smart guides assist the user in placing the object in the right spot on the artboard.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Now, you can select an element or a group, use the alignment tools via property inspector and the selected item will be aligned to the artboard (a single selection of one item or one group has to be​ made). Please let us know if it covers your needs described in this request. Thanks.

1. Merge CC libraries and Assets Panel. It doesn't make sense to have 2 "panels" for the same thing. Photoshop has 1, Illustrator has 1. Why not XD?

Plus, i can't use the "features" assigned to the asset panel with the CC libraries. WHY?!

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2. There needs to be a way to search within libraries.

I have a library that has 750+ icons in a library and no way to search for what I am looking for.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When sharing with a less tech-savvy client, they see the arrows and automatically go to click through like a PDF reader. It would be good to have a way to either change the order of the pages for that view (you can't always guarantee that the order the artboards are built in will be the order they appear in the user journey) or the ability to hide them in the share settings.

hide/turn off "slide" feature on prototype

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Everyone uses icons. They're everywhere so you spend a lot of time using them during design. Usually you need some external project opened with those icons and copy-paste them etc.

Would be good to have some kind of built-in way to use imported icons (or any asset actually)

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As of know you can copy and paste items from Illustrator and from browsers. You can also import SVG from Sketch and from Finder. Could you change the title for this item to Font Icon support? If that is the case. Thanks.

5. Ability to reorder the colors in the color palette. Currently they're created in the order I make them. I'd like to be able to drag the blues together, greens together, etc.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. we need to start designing for the new iphone

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re pleased to announce that the iPhone X artboard is now available in the November release of Adobe XD. If you don’t see the update in the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the application and select “Check for App Updates.” If you’re looking for improvements on this feature, please do file a new request!

7. I'd like to be able to export my assets and artboards to PDF.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now export to PDF in the Windows version of Adobe XD. To check out the latest version, go to the Creative Cloud desktop app! If you don’t see the update, you can select the gear and click on “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

8. Facebook did it. Why can't Adobe?

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Show all & zoom to selected object is a pretty powerful way to navigate among your artboards. Also very useful when trying to work on the details of a particular selected object.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Tom Krcha responded

You can now zoom to selected object. Check out the September release of Adobe XD.

Tom (Adobe XD)

10. Trying out the new coediting feature in November 2019 update. It's good and convenient. However, i currently encounter document crashing as it is unable to reconnect.

Having previous version is helpful as it backs up my working file and enabling me to download it. But I would still like it to be saved into the same document instead of forcing me to close. The current cloud doc is considered as a corrupted file. It is troublesome as I need to recreate a new cloud file for other partners once again. Viewer/reviewers also cannot use back the same link to view…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  11. Currently the stroke width is animated with auto-animate,
    would be cool also to get the "Trim Paths"-style (After Effects) stroke
    length animation for creating animations for outlined illustrations.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Stroke dash and gap values can now be animated as of today’s release! If you don’t see the update immediately, you can go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, select Updates, the … button in the upper right, and “Check for updates.”

12. Great Adobe XD for Jira is available. But only for Jira Cloud version. Does this plugin will be available for Jira Server version? It would be great !

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would really love in XD to have an option to import artboards from Illustrator. Working in UX with teams who create mockups in Illustrator, it would be a nice option to see a workflow where I can import my artboards so I can then prototype within XD.

Currently, I copy and paste in from Illustrator, which works, but it doesn't retain data sometimes such as drop shadows, which is an issue for some within the team.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the most recent update (Oct 15, 2018), you can now open your Illustrator files in Adobe XD, while retaining artboards, layers, and editability.

14. First of all, thank you for a great product (even for a beta)!

I am currently working on a larger website mocku project for a client, I used the SHARE ONLINE feature that you provide. For small projects this works great as it is now, but for projects with many artboards it get's hard to keep track of when or where or by whom a new comment has been made - hence as the title says, it would be great with some kind of notification system, maybe some kind of simple color indication that a new comment was made in…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The ability to turn artboard-based grids on and off using a checkbox in the artboard's property inspector.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Export as PDF is nice, but the PDF files that XD is spitting out are huge and take a while to load or print. As a file loads, I can see the elements being added one by one as if layered. This is really painful to share with clients. Could there be an option to flatten PDF (or by default) on export?

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. And to be able to highlight link with different color. Now I create an 'invisible' hotspot on the wording but it's messy to move around these objects while formatting text. There might be an easier way?

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all! We just released an update to Adobe XD where you can now create hyperlinks within your text block. To do this:

1) Select any piece of text in Design Mode.

2) In the "Text" pane of the property inspector, add a URL to the link field.

3) Commit w/ Enter

Your text will get an underline by default, but you can still change the styles. Preview your prototype, and your text should be a hyperlink. Clicking on the link will open a new browser tab with that link.

Thanks for your feedback!

Joan Lafferty

Adobe XD Product Manager

18. The ability to collapse / expand assets: Colors, Character Styles and Symbols

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I'd like to be able to select what language I use XD in.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)