Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Would be nice if objects could be temporarily hidden.
    Similar to illustrator.
    cmd+3 hides an object
    cmd+alt+3 unhides an object.

That would make selecting other surrounding objects an easy task.
    It also works nicely if the user wants to focus on a specific area without being distracted by other elements

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hi, all-

We’ve introduced the ability to hide objects with the Layers panel in our November release. However, we understand that some of you want more advanced control for hiding and showing objects. Given that there are a number of different potential directions we could take this, we’d love to hear your thoughts in new ideas in UserVoice. I’m closing this idea as completed for now.

Thanks,

-Elaine

2. <Note: original suggestion has been edited to add links to separate breakout suggestions, to keep the list fine-grained>

Add fill support for :
    - Pattern : Pictures (browser or download from link), ... --> see https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/15672075-pattern-fill
    - Linear gradient --> DONE!
    - Radial gradient --> see https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/15671976-radial-gradients
    - Angular gradient --> https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/15902767-angular-gradient
    - Noise fill --> see https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/15672078-noise-fill

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Accessing plugins on Windows is a minimum of 3 clicks (usually 4 since most plugins have their own sub-menu). This is very tiresome with the workflow of most plugins, which require you to rerun them anytime you want to try a different feature or change something. Mac users have a native top navigation bar, so plugins are only 1-2 clicks away for them, which is an improvement but still pretty annoying with some plugins.

The current Windows workflow for interacting with a plugin is this:
    Hamburger Menu>Plugins>"Plugin">"Plugin Option"

There are several ways this could be improved for Windows users (and…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When handing off designs to developers it would be great to allow them to view the XD file for font size etc. without actually paying or having an app installed.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I'm loving the pin feature that y'all rolled out yesterday in the shared prototypes. My suggestion would be to allow users to edit the pin once they have dropped it. Currently, you can go back and edit the text, but you can't move the pin around once you've submitted your comment.

Another cool feature would be to show a pop-up of the comment attached to the pin on click.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I just started a new real design project with XD but I noticed that I can't import any vector. Is this a bug or missing feature? I tried coping from photoshop, illustrator, using the import function and draging from windows explorer, but nothing works.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Option to fill entire imported asset with color on single click selection. Currently double clicking allows parts to be filled, but for a complex icon with multiple parts one has to select and color them individually. See attached example.

Example. When one has imported a series of icons from Illustrator, selecting the the icon should present a color fill option to fill that entire icon with color.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. just like in Illustrator, Set grid, turn it on, any move using mouse or kbd keys will always snap the move to the created grid. very impt for UX design work.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like to see an integration with Unsplash to search for images and import them into shapes in XD.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

At least two different XD plugins are available that integrate with Unsplash:

- PhotoSplash — “The PhotoSplash plugin gives you access to the Unsplash collection of over 500,000 beautiful, copyright-free images from over 70,000 contributing photographers, all directly within Adobe XD.”

- Repetor — “The Adobe XD Plugin for generating content inside a Repeat Grid. … lets you search and download beautiful, high – resolution, free (do -whatever – you – want) images from Unsplash.”

10. It feels weird not having those shortcuts

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Entering #000 should automatically convert it to #000000.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Actually, the app stores just the last prototype. Please keep all prototypes on device, in a simple list, always available and organizable.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. University of the Arts, London is a large client of Adobe we use Serialised Enterprise Licensing meaning we cannot install or use XD, which actually was working pre 2015.3.

Anyways, feature request is to support this licensing mode which is used across UAL as it is preventing us from using your product and we'd very much like to teach it.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Upon selecting multiple objects, have a key combination / tool that enables us to resize the spacing between objects rather than the objects themselves. For example, three aligned, ungrouped, circles, when resized horizontaly would increase the spacing between them, rather than making them eliptical.
    This behaviour already occurs when those objects are text boxes, so I think it would be useful having it for everything else.

For me, this would save time when I need to align or distribute multiple different objects across the artboard ( for example, a set of vector icons ) which don't work with the repeating…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I think this already existed in macOS version. The idea is you can style (color, fontsize, etc.) a certain word or character in a line for sentence (one text group). This is, for me, one of the most useful features in design.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Would still like to be able to zoom into a targeted area with the magnifying glass as you can in the Mac version

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I think most of us in the industry already use AI and/or PS as our primary design tool. It would have been awesome if XD was a tool that focused on simply adding interactivity to artwork that was imported from AI or PS. AI and PS already have all the editing capabilities... why do you want to add them again in XD. It seems like the goal was to create an answer to Sketch, rather than enabling existing Adobe users to rapidly create interactive prototypes. Adobe's core strength is in AI and PS... and you could have hit it out…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It's time for an updated UI Kit for Salesforce Lightning — for Adobe XD!

Salesforce Lightning is a hugely popular platform for so many businesses. Sketch has always had great UI kits for various platforms, including Salesforce's Lightning framework. I found one online for XD, but it's old / 2017.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. There should be an option in the panel to increase the size of the bounding box and the way it snaps to the grid and content around it. The side panel (where user enters text size) should have a way to pad and add margins on all sides of a box or only certain few. This would translate better in the design specs as well as it would get designers in the mindset of a developer more explicitly.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I'd like to be able to export SVG so that I can output my vector artwork.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)